Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Is Something Wrong With Blaster's Energon Shield Mod in Expert 3.2?

The shield lasts forever sometimes. It's like every time he shields it renews the energon shield. At some points he even has two energon shields!

skyj81e1fl0o.png

Comments

• SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    His absorption shield is similar to energon shield,, so they stack under same icon...
    Same happens with Acceleration and Power Rate Buffs,,, Feral Strike and CRIT rate buffs.
  • DonApisDonApis Posts: 544
    Red_Eyes wrote: »
    The shield lasts forever sometimes. It's like every time he shields it renews the energon shield. At some points he even has two energon shields!

skyj81e1fl0o.png

I also experienced this.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    His absorption shield is similar to energon shield,, so they stack under same icon...
    Same happens with Acceleration and Power Rate Buffs,,, Feral Strike and CRIT rate buffs.

That's confusing if it's like that. Not only that but it keeps extending the energon shield mod far longer than it should last.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    It’s a visual bug, same goes for Cheetor’s Feral Strike turning into crit rate, Ratchet’s self diagnosis turning into repair, etc.

That's confusing if it's like that. Not only that but it keeps extending the energon shield mod far longer than it should last.

So the shield which you say last forever can be Absorption shield,,,
    It doesn't just seem like a visual bug to me because the "energon shield inactive" message fails to appear for quite a while sometimes.
    They just should fix this for all buff icon stackings
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    Use OG Bee and break it or megs and steal it..done deal
    BOFAD wrote: »
    Use OG Bee and break it or megs and steal it..done deal

Wait What.... It Didn't even came to my mind
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited July 2018

While you are correct about the icons, there is still something most definitely wrong with energon shield on Blaster. I just went about 5 minutes against him with Jazz on Master, and the only damage I was able to do was from the permanent backfire debuff jazz put on him.

Energon shield dropped maybe twice at the start, then never disengaged again.

Something is wrong with the interaction between absorption shield and energon shield, no question.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Custos or any other mod, you should look into this. It doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen.

The first time I went down this lane, no problems.. I failed on Tantrum so i started over, and this bug reared its head the next time I fought Blaster.

edited July 2018
    Just had it happen again, using Jazz against blaster. At some point in the battle, energon shield timer begins to take over a minute to disengage, but still only drops for a short period.

The icons are separated, so you can clearly see how slow the timer is going. I'm gonna try to take a video and trigger it to give some proof.

I don't know what's triggering this bug, but it seems to happen when I use Jazz against blaster.
    Manthro wrote: »
    Just had it happen again, using Jazz against blaster. At some point in the battle, energon shield timer begins to take over a minute to disengage, but still only drops for a short period.

The icons are separated, so you can clearly see how slow the timer is going. I'm gonna try to take a video and trigger it to give some proof.

I don't know what's triggering this bug, but it seems to happen when I use Jazz against blaster.

I also using Jazz against Blaster and had the same thing as your. It obviously a bug here.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    I’m pretty sure it’s something with Blaster’s shield ability and the energon shield mod. When he’s blocking and puts up his shield, the icon stacks (shows 2) as mentioned and when he stops blocking, the energon shield is in the same place. It’s like the countdown timer completely stops when Blaster is blocking.

Also, I’m not 100%, but I thought I saw that after Blaster blocked when energon shield was down, it was back up. Not sure if it’s due to Blaster’s shield resetting it, or just the energon shield timer activated it on its own.

Interestingly, at some point near the end of the fight, the icon turned green (the color of the shield icon when Blaster is not awakened) even when it was only the energon shield leading me to believe even more so there’s a connection between the two.

Coincidentally, I was also using Jazz.
    With me it happened with any bot.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    edited July 2018
    Darm0k wrote: »
    Interestingly, at some point near the end of the fight, the icon turned green (the color of the shield icon when Blaster is not awakened) even when it was only the energon shield leading me to believe even more so there’s a connection between the two.

Oops, unduped Blaster shield color is blue (like the energon shield) and duped Blaster shield is green. Got the color backwards.
    Manthro wrote: »

While you are correct about the icons, there is still something most definitely wrong with energon shield on Blaster.
    I haven't tried that lane yet....
    But the most simple effective solution will be:Every buff should have their own icon... Feral strike must show Cat Icon even if CRIT rate buffs are active,,, same same for others...
    It may also fix this bug, I guess.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Are there cases where it actually works? I used Bludgeon and wasn’t really paying attention initially cos I was just doing a trial run. Then I noticed something seemed really off and recorded my fight. His energon shield came down at 0:11, and energon shield went up at 0:20, so effectively a 9 sec window. However, after that his energon shield stayed up, with his shield seemingly extending the energon shield. His energon shield next came down at 1:09, so it was up for a total of 49 seconds. Dodge 49 seconds to fight 9 secs???
    For me, it takes forever to finish that fight against blaster
    Anybody here able to post a video?
    Anybody here able to post a video?

I'm not going to, but I can tell you there are a couple hard counters against energon shield you can use on blaster.

Scout Bee of you have him is one.
    Cheetor is another.
    OGMT works as well.

The bug probably won't be fixed before the end of AM, so I suggest players use bots that can nullify/shatter/steal energon shield from blaster in order to get past him with ease.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited July 2018
    Yeah for the sake of fairness, any bug found within the Spotlight month will be fixed after it >:) . Also, there's a Primal sitting on a Special Enhance (sp2 unblockable) mod but he has sp1 unblockable as well.
    Yeah for the sake of fairness, any bug found within the Spotlight month will be fixed after it >:) . Also, there's a Primal sitting on a Special Enhance (sp2 unblockable) mod but he has sp1 unblockable as well.

Lol, yes the problem will be "resolved" once the spotlight ends.

The part that bothers me is that they don't even care to acknowledge it or apologize.
  • CONTRACONTRA Posts: 23
    Bless you kabam for the renewing energon shield on blaster. Had to take some hits to deactivate the shield and hit hard.