Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

The WORSE.

Hey y'all.
Can't seem to find a thread for noobs and pros alike discussing the WORSE BOTS in the game. Maybe personal or professional reasons.
Bear in mind I'm a noob, personally, and haven't delved much into synergies, etc; just basic combination, damage infliction, range and special attacks.
I'm playing it like Street Fighter 2, in a sense.

So let's get it started.

Warrior:
Hound MV.
Terrible ranged attacks, bad SP1, 2, 3, horrid damage infliction and mediocre armor.

Tactician:
Starscream G1.
Fan favorite character has weak armor, bad SP1 and pathetic melee range. Pass. Also, not so Ultra Magnus, whom needs to be a 5* to get any kind of respect.

Scout:
Sideswipe G1.
Bad melee range, weak attacks and so-so SPs.

Demolitions:
Mixmaster MV.
Bad melee reach plus it's low damage; takes forever to charge SPs and slow. Special mention for Ramjet, too.

Brawler:
Tantrum G1.
Piss poor despite having an awesome SP3. He's like the reverse Ironhide; with mediocre ranged attacks and a weak SP1 and 2.

Tech:
Mirage G1.
There are fans of this guy, but he's so easily dodged. And his SPs are ironically seen a mile away.
Tagged:

Comments

• BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Oroku_Saki wrote: »
    I've been able to make everyone in this game work pretty well. Some better than others, but that mostly comes down to play style. I don't think there are any truly terrible characters. Unlike in The Game That Shall Not Be Named.

Again, this is mostly for noobs and personal opinions.
    If we can't get noobs hooked, this game will die.
    Who do you think is the Ryu equivalent?
  • I don't really want to compare this to SF as they're different beasts, but it would be Optimus Prime as that's the bot the game first gives you. After that it varies for everyone according to what the RNG feels like. That's why you've got to learn to play with what you've got at first. Like I said, I could make them all work and had fun trying out all the bots as my roster grew and finding what their strengths and weaknesses were, all while developing my play style. But that's my personal opinion.
    kranders wrote: »
    This definitely should not be for noobs because some of your opinions are pretty poorly formulated. You're clearly not utilizing the correct strategies for these bots.

Starscream is built around his nullify which you don't mention and probably don't play to the strategy. Also you have no idea how good UM can be.

Sideswipe - puts up amazing crit damage if you keep his buffs active and utilize his sidestep. Also his nullifies on s3 can be used pretty strategically to do a lot of damage.

Mix - there are a couple high end players that utilize him quite well. His buffs charge slowly because your supposed to use the timed block which can make his damage come much faster.

Tantrum - is complicated but also puts up massive damage in short periods if used correctly.

Mirage - where to even begin here. Mirage is a top-tier bot that can handle almost any situation. Power drain, unblockable with stun and crazy damage buffs after s3. You're just crazy here.

You really shouldn't be targeting new players because some of this is dead wrong.

Therein lies the argument.
    I understand there's a long, long way to go, but casual gamers/parents/etc have no time for this.
    Something easy to pick up and immediately rewarding, ala SF2, was my point.
    Gamers have all the time and PATIENCE to discover each ability.
    I adore Transformers, and don't want this to be some kind of elitist SF5 style debacle.
    Games should cater and be enjoyable for all skill levels.
    Perhaps a simple how-to/who-to guide for F2F would ensure longevity
  • PyrusPrimePyrusPrime Posts: 177
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    Hey y'all.
    Can't seem to find a thread for noobs and pros alike discussing the WORSE BOTS in the game. Maybe personal or professional reasons.
    Bear in mind I'm a noob, personally, and haven't delved much into synergies, etc; just basic combination, damage infliction, range and special attacks.

So let's get it started.

Warrior:
    Hound MV.
    Terrible ranged attacks, bad SP1, 2, 3, horrid damage infliction and mediocre armor.

Tactician:
    Starscream G1.
    Fan favorite character has weak armor, bad SP1 and pathetic melee range. Pass. Also, not so Ultra Magnus, whom needs to be a 5* to get any kind of respect.

Scout:
    Sideswipe G1.

Demolitions:
    Mixmaster MV.
    Bad melee reach plus it's low damage; takes forever to charge SPs and slow. Special mention for Ramjet, too.

Brawler:
    Tantrum G1.
    Piss poor despite having an awesome SP3. He's like the reverse Ironhide; with mediocre ranged attacks and a weak SP1 and 2.

Tech:
    Mirage G1.
    There are fans of this guy, but he's so easily dodged. And his SPs are ironically seen a mile away.

This comming from a player with 5 months experience (if you joined forums when you started playing) does not surprise me your assessment of these bots is way off and I am sure there are many with more game experience than me will list off how to better play them bots but all the bots you trashed (even hound) are great bots if you learn how to play them to there strengths. You can not just ground and pound with all them but and there are situations and set-up methods to maximise their potential
    edited August 2018
    PyrusPrime wrote: »
    Hey y'all.

So let's get it started.

Warrior:
    Hound MV.

Tactician:
    Starscream G1.

Scout:
    Sideswipe G1.

Demolitions:
    Mixmaster MV.

Brawler:
    Tantrum G1.

Tech:
    Mirage G1.

This comming from a player with 5 months experience (if you joined forums when you started playing) does not surprise me your assessment of these bots is way off and I am sure there are many with more game experience than me will list off how to better play them bots but all the bots you trashed (even hound) are great bots if you learn how to play them to there strengths. You can not just ground and pound with all them but and there are situations and set-up methods to maximise their potential

Yessss.
    Still looking for that unicorn of a SIMPLE guide by a pro player.
    To keep amateurs like me fascinated.
    In the old days, there was always some kid in the arcade dying to tell others some cool move or combo here discovered.
    And you'd pass it on.
    Plus tell you which character was secretly awesome despite the contrary.
    Without going into a detailed analysis why.
    It was really SIMPLE and concise.
    That's all.
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    This definitely should not be for noobs because some of your opinions are pretty poorly formulated. You're clearly not utilizing the correct strategies for these bots.

Starscream is built around his nullify which you don't mention and probably don't play to the strategy. Also you have no idea how good UM can be.

Sideswipe - puts up amazing crit damage if you keep his buffs active and utilize his sidestep. Also his nullifies on s3 can be used pretty strategically to do a lot of damage.

Mix - there are a couple high end players that utilize him quite well. His buffs charge slowly because your supposed to use the timed block which can make his damage come much faster.

Tantrum - is complicated but also puts up massive damage in short periods if used correctly.

Mirage - where to even begin here. Mirage is a top-tier bot that can handle almost any situation. Power drain, unblockable with stun and crazy damage buffs after s3. You're just crazy here.

You really shouldn't be targeting new players because some of this is dead wrong.

I understand there's a long, long way to go, but casual gamers/parents/etc have no time for this.
    I adore Transformers, and don't want this to be some kind of elitist SF5 style debacle.

I do some grinding but I play around my own kid. It's pretty easy to just read the bots abilities and understand a basic strategy for each. IMHO any bot can be good if you learn them which isn't that hard. For example I used Magnus from almost day one, when people thought he sucked, before he was reworked and still held my own in all AMs. Many people come here and post not even understanding a bots abilities and strengths.

There is simply no comparison with SF. Experts in those games these days understand hit boxes and split second differences between characters. This is definitely not that complicated and skill is relative. All of the abilities are laid out in the character descriptions as well as countless posts on the forum. There are many helpful people on the forums if you ask questions rather than posting a "guide" that is lacking any of the basic strategy.

The abilities are not that complicated but, take for example Sideswipe, you're saying he is bad because he has weak attacks. That's ill-informed because of course his attacks are weak. His entire playstyle is based around keeping his crit buffs maxed and using his power gain. He's pretty underrated and I never understood why ninja players don't use him more. When you start critting on almost every hit he puts up a ton of damage.

Just ask questions. That is also what alliances are for and there are decent ones at all levels. There are certainly some better overall bots than others but unless you're competing in the top 3 alliances you can make almost any bot work with a combination of strategy, skill and synergy.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited August 2018
    The two fundamental differences between this game and SF (or any mainstream FTG), if I may say, is
    1. There's no PvP here and there surely won't be. You are fighting AI only, thinking you learn day by day their patterns while in fact, AI learns from you through big data analyze.
    2. You're not fighting "1v1, first to 3" style but rather "beat'em up" without replenishment items. Aggressive style is not recommended, especially in AMs. You can have fun exploring a wide gamut of bots but in the end you'll see everyone is after OG Prime/Ratchet/IH.

I do some grinding but I play around my own kid. It's pretty easy to just read the bots abilities and understand a basic strategy for each. IMHO any bot can be good if you learn them which isn't that hard. For example I used Magnus from almost day one, when people thought he sucked, before he was reworked and still held my own in all AMs. Many people come here and post not even understanding a bots abilities and strengths.

There is simply no comparison with SF. Experts in those games these days understand hit boxes and split second differences between characters. This is definitely not that complicated and skill is relative. All of the abilities are laid out in the character descriptions as well as countless posts on the forum. There are many helpful people on the forums if you ask questions rather than posting a "guide" that is lacking any of the basic strategy.

The abilities are not that complicated but, take for example Sideswipe, you're saying he is bad because he has weak attacks. That's ill-informed because of course his attacks are weak. His entire playstyle is based around keeping his crit buffs maxed and using his power gain. He's pretty underrated and I never understood why ninja players don't use him more. When you start critting on almost every hit he puts up a ton of damage.

Just ask questions. That is also what alliances are for and there are decent ones at all levels. There are certainly some better overall bots than others but unless you're competing in the top 3 alliances you can make almost any bot work with a combination of strategy, skill and synergy.

Thanks man.
    A mature, rational and simple answer was all I'm looking for, as my boys (9 and 8) are begging to play this and DC's Batman version.

I'm stopping them, for now, as the chat feature is absolutely terrible.
    Preventing from being targeted, or God forbid, turning into online arses is of utmost importance as a parent.

I, on the other hand, cringe when i see or hear 1.5%, 0.3sec, etc mentioned in any GAME article.

I engineer stuff, so I'll avoid that in a button masher, which is supposed to be casual entertainment.

Simple fun with my fave childhood bots.

And a friendly guide and community for it.
    The two fundamental differences between this game and SF (or any mainstream FTG), if I may say, is
    1. There's no PvP here and there surely won't be. You are fighting AI only, thinking you learn day by day their patterns while in fact, AI learns from you through big data analyze.
    2. You're not fighting "1v1, first to 3" style but rather "beat'em up" without replenishment items. Aggressive style is not recommended, especially in AMs. You can have fun exploring a wide gamut of bots but in the end you'll see everyone is after OG Prime/Ratchet/IH.

I gave up video games of all kinds in 1999-2000.
    I was a tournament gamer as a teen in the 90s, taking part in SF2, MK1 & 2 as well as Virtua Racing/Daytona stuff, and had a pretty stellar record in SE Asia at the time.
    I discovered girls, life and cars, and made the latter my profession as an Industrial Designer.

Moving up and kids growing up means you have extra time, and building racing chassis wasn't cutting it anymore.
    Sega emulation came first, as i always thought Mobile games were money grabbing and 2 dimensional.

I was dragged to a toy convention in Germany, and the TF bug was just reignited.
    Thus me giving this game a chance late March.

Again, i have no intention of reverting back to my teen self.
    I'm just surprised how inaccessible most P2P games are, and how much dedication this format needs, with or without dosh.
    Can't we just have 15 min fun that doesn't include taking your clothes off, anymore?

That was the magic of 90s video games.
    Fun for 5 minutes OR 5 hours. Your choice.
  • MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    Hey y'all.
    Can't seem to find a thread for noobs and pros alike discussing the WORSE BOTS in the game.

Here you go
    https://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/1373/best-and-worst-bots-of-each-class/p1
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479

I gave up video games of all kinds in 1999-2000.
    I was a tournament gamer as a teen in the 90s, taking part in SF2, MK1 & 2 as well as Virtua Racing/Daytona stuff, and had a pretty stellar record in SE Asia at the time.
    I discovered girls, life and cars, and made the latter my profession as an Industrial Designer.

Moving up and kids growing up means you have extra time, and building racing chassis wasn't cutting it anymore.
    Sega emulation came first, as i always thought Mobile games were money grabbing and 2 dimensional.

I was dragged to a toy convention in Germany, and the TF bug was just reignited.
    Thus me giving this game a chance late March.

Again, i have no intention of reverting back to my teen self.
    I'm just surprised how inaccessible most P2P games are, and how much dedication this format needs, with or without dosh.
    Can't we just have 15 min fun that doesn't include taking your clothes off, anymore?

That was the magic of 90s video games.
    Fun for 5 minutes OR 5 hours. Your choice.

This can kinda be that but it depends what you're trying to get out of it. It can be a simple time killer but if you get sucked in to collecting bots or trying to get to the top it will be difficult when you're comparing to guys like me who've been playing since day one. I started playing it because it was transformers not having played any of these types of games. It's hard to jump in this far into the game unless you have low expectations since a lot of people have been collecting and ranking etc. for 18 months.

There is a lot of info and some of the posts are good starts.
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    Tact: All are Freaky in their own rights. If opponent don't have buffs StarScream sp3 seems to be damage. His sp1 does a lot damage though.
    Brawler:Tantrum. His damage output is Most Devastating, but hile is most prone damage too. His heavy is messed up to.
    Warrior : Hounds seems "least good". But he's windblade killer.
    Scout: Sideswipe,, ask @Manthro
    Tech: Ratchet and SoundWave.
    Demo : Ramjet seems least useful
  • The worst*
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    I have to disagree with the Tech one, Mirage is a great bot for long fights, his power drain on ranged attacks are really good but not so reliable.

Tact Bee's still worse than Scream imo. Ask @Manthro . But yeah, Scream's still worse than Ultra Magnus.

Ramjet is the second worst Demo bot? He can pull off some amazing stun-chains like Mirage.

My comment will show up after my warning level expires.
  • Hey! It looks like MaxBebop found the link to the old thread. Go ahead and head over there for more best and worst bots. I will go ahead and close this thread down to keep the forums tidy.
This discussion has been closed.