Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Wheeljack chips ending same time as Special Missions?

Raptor22Raptor22 Posts: 111
edited August 2018 in General Discussion
Sorry if this has been addressed already, but is this right? Doesn't the current Bot of the Month chips usually end at least a week AFTER the new Bot has come out? So that we have dupe chips of the new bot.

Or was something changed? Or is Kabam going to do what they did with Jazz last time? Have him disappear for a short while and bring him back.

Currently, BOTH the chips and Special missions are ending in 17 days.

Thank you.
Tagged:

Comments

• No. They both end in 17 days
  • Grimes79Grimes79 Posts: 65
    Wow you are right! Wonder if it was a mistake caused by the resent reset. Kabam, are you going to fix that?
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Actually the bot chips have been ending BEFORE the spotlights end. I started pulling EJ chips several hours before he was released which caused an issue with me trying to dup Tantrum
  • Raptor22Raptor22 Posts: 111
    @Kabam Miike would you have an official statement on this? Thank you sir!
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Raptor22 wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been addressed already, but is this right? Doesn't the current Bot of the Month chips usually end at least a week AFTER the new Bot has come out? So that we have dupe chips of the new bot.

Or was something changed? Or is Kabam going to do what they did with Jazz last time? Have him disappear for a short while and bring him back.

Currently, BOTH the chips and Special missions are ending in 17 days.

Thank you.

Let's just correct the wording on this so we get an appropriate response.

Wheeljack chips should be ending in 16.5 days as they should be, along with the end of spotlight.

The issue is the FEATURE BOT PURCHASE ends at exactly the same time, which is unusual. The feature bot is supposed to remain available for purchase for another week after spotlight ends.
    Manthro wrote: »
    Let's just correct the wording on this so we get an appropriate response.

Wheeljack chips should be ending in 16.5 days as they should be, along with the end of spotlight.

The issue is the FEATURE BOT PURCHASE ends at exactly the same time, which is unusual. The feature bot is supposed to remain available for purchase for another week after spotlight ends.

You're right... FEATURE BOT PURCHASE is the correct terminology.

• VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    @Manthro I think it's because of the Tantrum delay. We're a week behind on the timing of the Spotlights hence it ending the same time as the Feature bot purchase.
    Raptor22 wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike would you have an official statement on this? Thank you sir!

They already did. In the in-game mail for WJ's release - they said chips from dupes ends Sept 6 @ 9 AM pacific. It also has the breakdown on when the events start/end

• VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    edited August 2018
    sorry, I misread this post. disregard above.

@Kabam Miike is the new bot coming out a week early without any spotlight? extending WJ in store? or we won't have a chance to dup WJ and get the new chips?
  • m00nshinem00nshine Posts: 189
    Bump... good catch probably a simple consequence of the recent fixes and similarly easily fixed, and definitely want to be able to get my dup 4* WJ the usual way (after spotlight ends and new bot is released)
  • Definitely a mistake caused by the purchase reset. We just pushed a fix that will extend this out by the extra 7-days, as it should be!
    Definitely a mistake caused by the purchase reset. We just pushed a fix that will extend this out by the extra 7-days, as it should be!

Thank you sir!!!
  • Grimes79Grimes79 Posts: 65
    Yes, Thank you!!!!!
    Definitely a mistake caused by the purchase reset. We just pushed a fix that will extend this out by the extra 7-days, as it should be!

Yet another mistake that has affected me.
    Seeing how they ended at the same time I went ahead and spent my chips on 2 dups instead of saving them until end of month and grabbing dup chips.
    That's 20k chips I could've had next month.
    Thanks guys....appreciate it.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    DrShotgun wrote: »

Seeing how they ended at the same time I went ahead and spent my chips on 2 dups instead of saving them until end of month and grabbing dup chips.

There was a lot of time to wait and see if it was an error on Kabam’s part before purchasing the featured bot. Why did you jump the gun so early anyways?
  • DrShotgun wrote: »

Yep, same here. Really annoyed about that one.
    Darm0k wrote: »

There was a lot of time to wait and see if it was an error on Kabam’s part before purchasing the featured bot. Why did you jump the gun so early anyways?

Because if I was going to have to purchase him and not get the chips, I might as well do it now and take advantage of the dups.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Because if I was going to have to purchase him and not get the chips, I might as well do it now and take advantage of the dups.

Ahh... yeah, there’s some logic to that...