Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Is kabam alowed to add charicters to the game from other series's (not suggestion thread)

bummblezee3bummblezee3 Posts: 251
edited August 2018 in General Discussion
Hi zee here I just want to ask is kabam able to add bots from shows like prime, ainimated, armada, and energon?
I just wanted to know because these would be cool to have in the game. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Valiant @Kabam Custos?
p.s this is not a suggestion thread I just wanted to know if they could add charicters from these shows

let me know below
thx bummblezee3

Comments

• I would love to see some of those series in the game!
    As specially Victory, RID (2000), Armada, Energon, and Cybertron!
  • RalphoRalpho Posts: 15
    I don’t see why not, I’ve been hoping for some Prime bots for a while!

Some from FoC/WfC would be cool as well.
  • I forgot who said it but Hasbro has a lot of say what characters they make.
  • BigbowlrBigbowlr Posts: 121
    I remember seeing somewhere recently that the reason we dont have Prime is because that's created by someone other than what they have license for.
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    Well, yeah, they all are property of Hasbro, and they got permissions from them to use all TRANSFORMERS stuff.
    But at this, there are too many G1 and BW bot left, adding a new universe will mess it up.
  • AnnatarAnnatar Posts: 101
    edited August 2018
    I really hope to see Victory bots, especially Deszaras and Leokaizer team.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited August 2018
    Well, yeah, they all are property of Hasbro, and they got permissions from them to use all TRANSFORMERS stuff.
    But at this, there are too many G1 and BW bot left, adding a new universe will mess it up.

And there's some function of Kabam's reveue = f(popularity of certain series, ARPU of these fans) to consider.
  • NightgauntNightgaunt Posts: 178
    edited August 2018
    I think a lot of people would like to see some Prime bots in TFTF, but I think at least part of the issue with bringing them in is that Activision made a TF Prime game for Nintendo consoles, and as such I'm pretty sure they still have the rights to those characters in terms of video game appearances. Unless the rights default back to Hasbro it probably wouldn't be worth the money and effort to add a few bots to a free-to-play phone game.
  • Hi zee here I just want to ask is kabam able to add bots from shows like prime, ainimated, armada, and energon?
    I just wanted to know because these would be cool to have in the game. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Valiant @Kabam Custos @Kabam Yolotron ?
    p.s this is not a suggestion thread I just wanted to know if they could add charicters from these shows

let me know below
    thx bummblezee3

• @Kabam Miike does Kabam have the rights to do this? Because I'd pay SOME money for a faithful Beast Hunters Optimus, regardless if we already got 2 Optimus Primes and Optimus Primal in the game.
  • My theory is whenever a new toy is announced that's the bot you're going to see next month. WJ MP figure was announced to the public a little over a month ago. Kabam is usually given advanced knowledge of these releases.

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/takara-tomy-masterpiece-mp20-cartoonaccurate-wheeljack-revealed-at-wonderfest-2018-wf2018s/41733/
  • anyone from kabam gonna answer?
  • @Kabam Miike please, any cryptic phrases?
  • BumblebeeBumblebee Posts: 581
    My theory is whenever a new toy is announced that's the bot you're going to see next month. WJ MP figure was announced to the public a little over a month ago. Kabam is usually given advanced knowledge of these releases.

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/takara-tomy-masterpiece-mp20-cartoonaccurate-wheeljack-revealed-at-wonderfest-2018-wf2018s/41733/

I don’t exactly think this is the case. Hasbro may get a say in the bots that are put into the game, but this doesn’t mean it’ll correlate to recent toy releases/announcements.

The Wheeljack seen at Wonderfest 2018 was a cartoon-accurate redeco taken from the original Masterpiece Wheeljack which looks like this:
    8l50yetqrqb9.jpeg
    Here’s Wheeljack from the game:
    vo0lirs9clxg.png
    And here’s the original Masterpiece Wheeljack that was based off the G1 toy (released back in 2014):
    sjb7cihmnkn5.jpeg
    As you can see, the one directly above was clearly chosen to be in the game. You’d think Hasbro would try and advertise their products (with the game) for when they’re released rather than an unofficial announcement reveal from a fan site. It just doesn’t seem legitimate.

And Megatronus seems like he’ll be entering the fight soon, but he doesn’t have a Power of the Primes figure.

Another instance would be Blaster, which his in-game design is based off his Titans Return Leader Class figure which hit shelves in 2016. Blaster was implemented into TFTF much later.

• NightgauntNightgaunt Posts: 178
    edited August 2018
    Forgot to mention in my last comment - while I'd be happy to see some TF Prime bots like many others, I'd happily watch any chance of Prime bots burn to ash if it meant I could have a Fall of Cybertron Grimlock, demolitions, that fought in his T-Rex form and changed to bot form for his heavies and SP3. Unfortunately, Any appearances from WFC or FOC bots are even less likely than Prime bots :(
  • Predacon_OrderPredacon_Order Posts: 257
    edited August 2018
    Nightgaunt wrote: »
    Forgot to mention in my last comment - while I'd be happy to see some TF Prime bots like many others, I'd happily watch any chance of Prime bots burn to ash if it meant I could have a Fall of Cybertron Grimlock, demolitions, that fought in his T-Rex form and changed to bot form for his heavies and SP3. Unfortunately, Any appearances from WFC or FOC bots are even less likely than Prime bots :(

Though there are fairly visible contradictions, WfC and FoC are considered prequels to the Aligned Continuity (AKA Primeverse). Therefore, if we have any hope for TFP or Robots in Disguise (please DON'T add RiD bots, I beg you), the prequels may also have a place.

And yes, wether they're the same or not, FoC Grimlock is FAR better than RiD's. WfC Grimlock is also pretty cool, specially because it demonstrates his tank mode before Shockwave made experiments with him and the other Dinobots.

Anyways, Prime was a great series.
    @Kabam Miike does Kabam have the rights to do this? Because I'd pay SOME money for a faithful Beast Hunters Optimus, regardless if we already got 2 Optimus Primes and Optimus Primal in the game.

The offer is still open.
  • edited August 2018
    Hi All!

Being big fans of the Transformers universe, we really appreciate your interest in the expanded universe. While we can not say what the future holds, we always appreciate your feedback.
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300

What a precise target!

• What a precise target!

yup
  • iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    edited September 2018
    My theory is whenever a new toy is announced that's the bot you're going to see next month. WJ MP figure was announced to the public a little over a month ago. Kabam is usually given advanced knowledge of these releases.

Like @Bumblebee already pointed out, that’s definitely not the case.

Wheeljack’s MP has been around for sometime already, this is just a redeco’d re-release. You can also look at all the featured bots we’ve had and see that theory doesn’t quite line up.