Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Duped Wheeljack + Harm Accelerator + Nano Repair Mastery?

In Raids, when Wheeljack's health is reduced to 75%, his shield is activated. But then the nano repair mastery gives him very tiny amount of health (like to 76%) and after the shield is down, he got hit again and his shield is again activated at 75%. This circle will not stop until the nano repair ends (about 1 minute). And a minute is the amount of time enough for harm accelerator to fully suck up health of attackers. Without OP mv, Grimlock and Drift, how could you beat this combination? I need an advice
Tagged:

Comments

• Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    You can't
  • really??
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    BW team, KB or bots with DOT.
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    You won't be able to beat this but there are many other combinations that can be just as tough without a way to handle bleeds. Something isn't working correctly though as landing burn with Grimlock is not doing DOT while the shield is up to get past nano repair and it should.

I'm actually not for nerfing this because there are theoretical counters if they are working correctly.
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    kranders wrote: »
    You won't be able to beat this but there are many other combinations that can be just as tough without a way to handle bleeds. Something isn't working correctly though as landing burn with Grimlock is not doing DOT while the shield is up to get past nano repair and it should.

I'm actually not for nerfing this because there are theoretical counters if they are working correctly.

As burn is Debuff prevalent among Demos,,, I guess every DoT works but Burns
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    There are plenty of bots that can get around his shields, and/or beat this HA mechanic.

Beast squad
    Cheetor
    Scout Bee
    KB
    Starscream
    OGMT
    Bleed bots

• DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779

I think Grimlocks burn works, but it has to be burning before the shield activates, so is his sp1 activates it the burn wont work and if his heavy activates it the burn wont work.
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    Wow sounds like Wheeljack is very tough !
  • Jay32Jay32 Posts: 169
    Very simple fix they should adjust nano repair to give you all the health at once so he don't continue to retrigger his shields.
  • ReworkRework Posts: 122
    Yes, there are some bots that can get around this, but there are also plenty that have no chance... Just doesn't seem like its in the spirit of the game.

Have the mods confirmed whether they intended WJ shields to retrigger multiple times in conjunction with Nano-repair or if this is an unintended interaction?
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Kickback eats Wheeljack like mad. Build those power leaks them pop him worth an sp1 and turn them into the shocker
  • MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    You have to bring the right bot. Just like if you faced Bonecrusher on HA mod you have to bring MV1, Primal or Grim /debuff immune bot. For WJ you have to plan and bring a Damage over time bot which are plentiful. So learn and overcome it, WJ doesn't need a nerf.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I'd say Grimlock of Beast purification...like Monkey Prime. Use the immunity to the HA from those 2 but Grimlock can burn...Prime can bleed I believe (don't use him much)
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    DaveJL wrote: »

I think Grimlocks burn works, but it has to be burning before the shield activates, so is his sp1 activates it the burn wont work and if his heavy activates it the burn wont work.

I recorded the most recent fight and I just think there is something buggy with how it is all interacting. Even the way you describe it should work but I noticed each tick of burn damage is -3 and nano is +3 so it's cancelling out. It's virtually impossible to have s1 before the shield would activate unless you just let yourself get hit. Tried getting the heavy burn before the shield activates but timing just didn't work.

Watching as WJ hit 50% and the shield activated the damage from burn was normal and bypassing the force shield as it should.

Someone would have to notice how it's interacting with any other DOTs while nano is activated.

Again I don't think it should be nerfed because it's still not hard to beat it but nano repair should not be cancelling out DOTs and the video clearly shows the burn damage not ticking correctly.

@Kabam Miike
  • WarCatWarCat Posts: 171
    Your just not using the right bot against him. MV1 Prime using a SP1 will cause enough bleed to cancel that.
  • AlcethAlceth Posts: 14
    edited August 2018
    Other options:
    IH will make him burn alive and BC bleed like a pig!
    You'll lose health obviously but with a heavy or SP, you can easily pass 75%-50%-25% cap

I'm actually really surprised so many players have invested in nano-repair!
    Most players I know prefer full attack masteries.
  • SkäggSkägg Posts: 38
    This is a rather powerful ability that Wheeljack is capable of pulling off, and one we had a few discussions on. Ultimately, we chose to leave it as is, because there are ways around it. They're not always easy to pull off, but we're excited to see what you guys come up with!

Do you refer to him on defense or using him to attack? Still curious to get confirmation if it’s supposed to have his shield never expire from dots in am after the first minute with nano repair is gone.
    It just seems broken to me and something that will be massivly abused...
  • SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    This is a rather powerful ability that Wheeljack is capable of pulling off, and one we had a few discussions on. Ultimately, we chose to leave it as is, because there are ways around it. They're not always easy to pull off, but we're excited to see what you guys come up with!
    so you are basically giving a green light for everyone to abuse wheeljack in am? because he cant be killed pretty much
  • Skägg wrote: »

Do you refer to him on defense or using him to attack? Still curious to get confirmation if it’s supposed to have his shield never expire from dots in am after the first minute with nano repair is gone.
    It just seems broken to me and something that will be massivly abused...

The DOT effects not interacting was a bug, and we've pushed a fix for that just now. It will interact and pass through as they should now.
  • SkäggSkägg Posts: 38
    Thank you Mike!
  • Sabugen wrote: »
    so you are basically giving a green light for everyone to abuse wheeljack in am? because he cant be killed pretty much
    How can you abuse wj in AM? Cos you know how to use a bots skill set efficiently isn't an abuse.
  • SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    uhh get smashed in the face and not take damage under 75% repeatedly thats how
  • Jay32Jay32 Posts: 169
    edited August 2018
    Yeah that's lame. Can't believe your gonna let a bot be immortal for a whole minute.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Sabugen wrote: »

It takes quite some months for everyone to abuse Ratchet in AM before he's nerfed (yet people still maxed their Ratchet for AM after a period of whining). Now everyone got a free WJ ready for AM and a promise of no-nerfing, that still doesn't seem to be able to placate some people?