Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

7.0 is a big disappointment

13»

Comments

• Options
    Bodyopus79Bodyopus79 Posts: 155
    Darm0k wrote: »
    Bug fixes and improvements
    - Optimizations for low to mid range Android devices

Seriously? Just Android?

While I'm agreeing that 7.0 seems a big let down so far, i must say the game has never before ran so smooth on my phone, so thats something. Not one crash yet today, nor yet another broken metacarpal from lag.

My question is: why are there still 4 or 5 more days left on the "road to 7.0" calendar? Seems a wee odd they would release it nearly a week premature.
  • Options
    Time for everyone to go give their reviews on the app store and google play. Just be honest let the world know what u really think.
  • Options
    DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Right, yes this update is disappointing but let's analyse it for what it is.

We see 12 new 5* bots - nothing major I assume.
    No new game modes or expansion on existing content.
    Still 1 character per month (which is fine I guess)
    A slight update to rewards for 3 and 7 day events - nothing major again.
    No new boss for AM.

But why? As people have said, there are plenty of suggestions so I can only assume it is either
    A lack of staff members to develop
    They think the ideas suck
    The suggestions are too difficult to develop or integrate.
    The game isn't making enough money (which may lead to a lack of staff members allocated to TFTF)
    They have something HUGE planned for the future and it isn't ready (which could be due to a lack of staff, money and commitment).

Either way, it seems the commitment is not there, the money is not there or the expertise is not there for this game to develop at a faster rate.

Unless there is an influx of commited and paying customers, I can't see this game getting a higher level of attention and development than it currently receives, so I think the options are to accept it and continue to play as normal and lower expectation, accept it and whine about it or don't accept it and stop playing (or paying).
  • Options
    Do you think all the ads have been made for the 7.0 update? with a bit of luck something else will come but I am not convinced
  • Options
    Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    DaveJL wrote: »

No new boss for AM.

But why? As people have said, there are plenty of suggestions so I can only assume it is either
    The game isn't making enough money (which may lead to a lack of staff members allocated to TFTF)
    They have something HUGE planned for the future and it isn't ready (which could be due to a lack of staff, money and commitment).

Either way, it seems the commitment is not there, the money is not there or the expertise is not there for this game to develop at a faster rate.

Unless there is an influx of commited and paying customers, I can't see this game getting a higher level of attention and development than it currently receives, so I think the options are to accept it and continue to play as normal and lower expectation, accept it and whine about it or don't accept it and stop playing (or paying).

Giving constructive feedback and criticism is not whining. Seems like you like to whine a lot about people who justifiably criticize.
  • Options
    Is there something we're supposed to do to get the update? I don't see cyclonus in my list of bots.
  • Options
    OP7842OP7842 Posts: 46
    I understand every one seems disappointed, especially with the hype for this update. I could be way off the mark here, but I remember Kabam did mention something new with obtaining the feature bot coming with the next release. Maybe there is more with this update than initially meets the eye...
  • Options
    Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Asepticon wrote: »
    Is there something we're supposed to do to get the update? I don't see cyclonus in my list of bots.

Scroll down to the bottom of your Bots screen
  • Options
    Red_Eyes wrote: »

No new boss for AM.

Giving constructive feedback and criticism is not whining. Seems like you like to whine a lot about people who justifiably criticize.

I don't see much constructive feedback and criticism. HOWEVER, I also didn't say there was anything wrong with it or whine about or criticize anyone for doing so. Merely stating the reasons why I think the update is lacklustre and why I don't think it's going to get any better, no matter the level of outcry.

You need to stop following me around and trying to jump on me, kid. You're doing a really bad job of it.
  • Options
    Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Inb4 close
  • Options
    HZERO wrote: »
    The truth is that it is very disappointing, I've been waiting for the update with the hope that they will fix the errors that were caused when version 6.0 came out. I use a MOTO G5 plus (low range I suppose) and since version 6.0 I have had problems with crash in the game. Simply in modes like MDA, spotlight mission or history, I can only do 1 fight, after that in the loading screen of the next battle the game is closed and when reopening it, surprise half life less . I must be closing the game and opening it again after each battle to avoid this half-life penalty which makes something that normally takes 5 minutes to do, do it in 15.

I have already deleted cache, uninstalled the game and turned off the phone and reinstalled the game, cleaned the RAM, deleted other apps, formatted, even take it to review the company and reinstalled the Android leaving it as new and still the problem persists. I had read in another post that happened in more devices from the 6.0 update. I really love this game and at the moment I have no way to change cell phone. Hence my hope and disappointment to see that in this update nothing has changed.

And finally to comment that I understand that KABAM already said that they would give priority to the G1 bots. I understand, but the 4 in a row is an exaggeration. I do not think that a little more order in this aspect comes badly. They can get 1 bot of MV or BW and then 2 or 3 bots G1 and so sequentially, in this way everyone is happy. The community has long wanted to Warrior Blackaracnia, to complete 1 bot of each class of beast wars. I doubt that KABAM can lose something following the pattern to put the new bots that I put up.
    Hey dont sweat it, its they having minimal server and bad game engine that are doing all the lags/crash, there are higher graphic demand and server load games out there to which work perfect on all devices. their Mods probably in dark about reduced servers and unfixable game engine, and told to “collect device info to investigate”(for over a year which nothing changed). Bad mental gymnastics to kick the ball to the customer.
  • Options
    SteelbaneSteelbane Posts: 320
    My phone is heating up literally after 2-3 fights... And then I know I'm about to crash, but I wonder why it is that its mostly sp missions causing me to overheat. I did daily missions and I only crashed once out of the 3-4 times I did it. However, sp missions are a different case, I would literally crash 2-3 times each run (If I'm lucky) and I could literally feel my phone getting warmer. I even tried to play in front of a fan hoping it would help but it didn't.
  • Options
    TKOTKO Posts: 246
    Steelbane wrote: »
    My phone is heating up literally after 2-3 fights... And then I know I'm about to crash, but I wonder why it is that its mostly sp missions causing me to overheat. I did daily missions and I only crashed once out of the 3-4 times I did it. However, sp missions are a different case, I would literally crash 2-3 times each run (If I'm lucky) and I could literally feel my phone getting warmer. I even tried to play in front of a fan hoping it would help but it didn't.

Maybe cause they want you to die in SP missions and then use $$$ to finish up... I dont know... Just a thought...
  • Options
    VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    Asepticon wrote: »
    if you don't see scout bumblee (if you don't have him) in your list..you're not going to see cyclonus.
    OP7842 wrote: »
    I understand every one seems disappointed, especially with the hype for this update. I could be way off the mark here, but I remember Kabam did mention something new with obtaining the feature bot coming with the next release. Maybe there is more with this update than initially meets the eye...
    are you sure? I don't remember reading something of that sort.

• Options
    SaYnTSaYnT Posts: 87
    Is there a forum thread with the update changes that I missed somewhere? The App Store writeup really left something to be desired. I have to agree this is much more of a .x type update than a major they led us to believe.

It’s just more of the same, a similar update to the last several incremental 6.x updates we’ve been getting over the last few months.

Now after applying the update yesterday I did a run through mastery 3.2 and my bots were moving smooth as butter on my iPad Pro 10.5. I don’t want to jinx it but they “may” have fixed some of the control issues on this device which is almost bitter sweet seeing how with no new content the game is getting seriously old. I’ve been playing this game from day 1 and have gone through the whole growing stages and slow introductions of the 4 star bots and the resources to build them. Fast forward a year and a half later and it’s just the same thing starting all over again with 5 star bots. I was really hoping they were going to loosen the pocket book on the t3c with the update but apparently not. I hate to say it but with no new content it’s just the same stuff again and again. You can only grind so much in this game before it just burns you out. Many of you might be right, this might be the start of the end...
  • Options
    Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485

That’s the catch, do you improve the game to try to get more paying customers? Or do you wait for more paying customers to improve the game?

As for the actual work on it, I’m going to go with your opinion of lack of staff and resources. In the App Store, I see two apps by Kabam and I’m pretty sure 90% of their staff is working on the other one.
  • Options
    Darm0k wrote: »

That’s the catch, do you improve the game to try to get more paying customers? Or do you wait for more paying customers to improve the game?

As for the actual work on it, I’m going to go with your opinion of lack of staff and resources. In the App Store, I see two apps by Kabam and I’m pretty sure 90% of their staff is working on the other one.
    I'm inclined to agree with you. I think this game is suffering from a lack of commitment at Kabam's end but that only happens for one reason - inability to employ or not enough funding. Funding I assume has to come from revenue, so I can only assume the game isn't making enough money, and that is why we aren't getting the updates we want.

As for increasing the customer base - it has to appeal to fans of Transformers first and foremost. It is branded as such, so the market is already limited. I think there are very few people who play this game solely for the gameplay aspect, so improving it for a new player isn't needed. It's actually quite fun to begin with, this game suffers from a lack of variety in the end game.

So essentially without an increase in the popularity of the brand of Transformers, I don't think it will happen. The other thing is it perhaps isn't being marketed well enough or wide enough. It also maybe isn't attractive enough to casual spenders - it's hard to be entirely f2p, so people wont commit to it anyway, but even if you do spend you really don't get a lot for your money here.

Maybe they need to just market it better and in better areas and if the download numbers and player numbers shoot up, they should rethink their pricing and focus on volume, and reinvest in some really good development.
  • Options
    VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    I only found this game through MCOC, and I think this one is better.

I don’t believe the sky is falling. I think that the new content is being timed with the new movie.

The new act will come.
  • Options
    Vavatron wrote: »
    I only found this game through MCOC, and I think this one is better.

I don’t believe the sky is falling. I think that the new content is being timed with the new movie.

The new act will come.

I'm the same, found it because of MCOC but I also liked Transformers when I was growing up and still do.

If I didn't like Transformers? Who knows. Probably wouldn't play
  • Options
    TKOTKO Posts: 246
    Cool nothing in the raid store. But you can buy 10 Hive Crystals again...
  • Options
    Hey gang -

Wanted to thank you all for your feedback on this one. We're sorry to hear there's disappointment but wanted to reassure you all that we're still working on ways to improve the game and the modes within it. There's more in store!
  • Options
    LaprasLapras Posts: 258
    Hey gang -

Wanted to thank you all for your feedback on this one. We're sorry to hear there's disappointment but wanted to reassure you all that we're still working on ways to improve the game and the modes within it. There's more in store!

We need a little more then that to keep us going.
  • Options
    TotherkinsTotherkins Posts: 299
    Can we get a soft time table on the "more in store"? Are we talking like this patch or next one? If it's this one I don't understand why you wouldn't put info out about it and just say it's releasing at a later date. If it's next patch...well yeah obviously you'll be adding stuff later on unless the plug gets pulled.
  • Options
    IbooIboo Posts: 46
    The amout if lag now is terrible
This discussion has been closed.