Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

So is combo interrupting now a thing In 7.0? Or Just me

Has anyone else noticed since the 7.0 update enemy bots seem now to suddenly able to interrupt your combos and multi-hit specials with a block/counter for no known reason? Or is it just me? Seems to now happen frequently to me no matter how well I link the combo together. They never did that before :s And no, it's not an 'Evade' thing as it has been happening on all bots even without an evade skill. @Kabam Miike Is this a new 7.0 thing? I totally don't mind a combo breaker/interrupt mechanic - as long as the player can too. Otherwise it's just cheesing.

Comments

• UrAverageMalakaUrAverageMalaka Posts: 664
    edited September 2018
    This was around 3 weeks before 7.0 was released but i have come across a few bots who counter my counter. Yes you read that right. If the enemy comes to dash in at me i would either use a ranged attack and rush at them or side step and hit them with the counter. When i do side step and i am just about to hit my counter, they do the same thing and just counter my punch even though I didn’t rush
  • This was around 3 weeks before 7.0 was released but i have come across a few bots who counter my counter. Yes you read that right. If the enemy comes to dash in at me i would either use a ranged attack and rush at them or side step and hit them with the counter. When i do side step and i am just about to hit my counter, they do the same thing and just counter my punch even though I didn’t rush

This happened to me today and thought I was nuts. Glad to see its a bs bug.
  • Just a random stab in the dark but does block proficiency maybe now count towards being able to block/interrupt mid combo?
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Just a random stab in the dark but does block proficiency maybe now count towards being able to block/interrupt mid combo?

doubt it. Just reduces chip damage.

Haven't come across any of this but will keep an eye out. You on android or ios?
  • This was around 3 weeks before 7.0 was released but i have come across a few bots who counter my counter. Yes you read that right. If the enemy comes to dash in at me i would either use a ranged attack and rush at them or side step and hit them with the counter. When i do side step and i am just about to hit my counter, they do the same thing and just counter my punch even though I didn’t rush

Yes, so what I did at times was to side step plus move back before counter
  • Both blocking/countering mid-combo and countering dash-counters have happened since launch, with frequency scaling with the enemy bot's PI. Frustrating, but it helps to think of this as an old-style arcade game. Past a certain level, it's simply programmed to take your quarters.
    All that said, I haven't noticed a dramatic uptick with the update. What game modes are you seeing it in most frequency?
  • KennyKenny Posts: 309
    I’ve never had anything interrupt a combo that isn’t designed to (speaking mainly about the evaders). However if somehow you could get video proof I’m sure kabam would take more action though. They tend to need a lot of information to look into, or better yet fix bugs.
  • harder and harder……
  • TKOTKO Posts: 246
    Probably just another annoying fight bug that will never get adjusted
  • DaveJL wrote: »
    Just a random stab in the dark but does block proficiency maybe now count towards being able to block/interrupt mid combo?

Haven't come across any of this but will keep an eye out. You on android or ios?

Android 7.0. Not noticed a pattern as to which game mode I am in at the time as haven't been making a mental note of that but will try to now.
  • CandKane wrote: »
    Both blocking/countering mid-combo and countering dash-counters have happened since launch, with frequency scaling with the enemy bot's PI. Frustrating, but it helps to think of this as an old-style arcade game. Past a certain level, it's simply programmed to take your quarters.
    Yeah maybe it's just me not noticing or being effected by it until now. But I'm pretty sure I have noticed it in Arena against easy enemies too.
    And I'm an old skool arcader so I know what you mean :wink: Increase in difficulty usually just meant opponents taking advantage of bugs and cheesing rather than an actual increase in AI.
    I try and keep an eye or for more specific examples and take note.
  • TKOTKO Posts: 246
    I had this problem too. Was in middle of a combo and then my swing missed and I got hit by a combo.
  • Ive been having this problem for at least two months. It does seem to happen more with higher level bots.
  • AM Primal is a notorious abuser of this tactic. Start a 5hit combo, and on hit 3 or 4 he will inexplicably be able to block AND counter attack AT THE SAME TIME. Seen it at least 3 times now over about the last 2 weeks.