Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Base set up help

Chrome2279Chrome2279 Posts: 135
edited September 2018 in General Discussion
So I have a question, what is the most optimal way to set up a base? Here is how my current set up looks, but I feel like it’s not optimal when I’m raided it feels like I’m not winning more than half the time.

uchwuk0j29t3.png

mhdyvj5bjvu3.png

83apr4m7tmae.png

The three-four main bots that I use in missions are OG Prime, Ironhide, Grimlock & Ratchet.

But here is a list of the rest of my bots but here is a list of the rest of my bots. Please help me get better :)

Bots

5*
(non-dup) Shockwave, barricade, Rhinox, Cheetor

4*
(Non-dup) Windblade, Starscream, Blaster, Jazz, Hound, Motor Master, barricade

(Dupped) Ironhide, OG Optimus, Grimlock, Ratchet, Prowl, Cheetor, Ultra Magnus, Megatron RoTF, Bonecrusher, Grindor, WheelJack, Sideswipe, Galvatron, Soundwave, Tantrum, Dinobot, Waspinator, Arcee, Rhinox, Kickback, Mirage, Optimus Primal, Drift, Cheetor, Mix master, Ram Jet

Mods
4*
(Non-dup) Nightbird,
(Dup) Strange Refractor, Exo,

3*
(Non-dup) Prime Mod
(Dup) EMI, Security Mod, HA, Exo, Strange Refractor, Repair Mod, Robot Resource, Nightbird, LGM, SC1000

2*
(Non Dup) SC2000

Relics
Star Saber
The convent of primus
Dark energon orb
Primal relic
Kickback relic
Hound relic
Blaster relic
Cheetor relic

Comments

• Options
    LaprasLapras Posts: 258
    I gave up on trying to setup a real defendable base a while ago, no matter what I did it seemed like people would run over my base.

My suggestion (which is what i did) is to setup your base to maximize the gold by putting all your 5*s on it.

Hope this helps :)
  • Options
    Yeah you're never going to have a lot of defense wins, but I always set up mine to force class disadvantage somewhere. I start with a brawler, then two tacts, then a demo, then two scouts, then a warrior. Full details later, gotta go back to work!
  • Options
    Tracked_SignalTracked_Signal Posts: 324
    edited September 2018
    Use the most annoying bots
  • Options
    KennyKenny Posts: 309
    So first of all I’m going to caution you that winning a defense does not come often, no matter what you try it. Raids are heavily in the attackers favor right now. However, you can catch a few people off guard by using a few combinations, such as really Tammy bots with ha (grindor, ultra magnus, wj duped with nano repair will even work), bots that like to play at a range with lgm (demo megs, wasp, etc), bots that like to hold specials with robo resource (ironhide, galvatron), evaders with nightbirds mark (cheetor, sideswipe, barricade, even motormaster works because of his unstoppable), and finally more aggressive bots with exo filter (this is more of ai luck I think, but soundwave, mm, and cheetor seem to work well). Again though, all you can do really is make raiding you more annoying, and maybe net an occasional win.
  • Options
    Use the most annoying bots

Which 7?
  • Options
    DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    edited September 2018
    Use your experience in raids....bots like Yellow Megatron, Monkey Prime, Barricade, Prowl....the real trouble bots. Some of the most powerful bots seem to have weak AI like Ironhide for instance...put your strongest in the middle...use the Intel reports and study those mods. The best ones such as HA, LGM, exo filter, robir resource...all great center module mods. Nightbird Mark is an end base mod.
    Sometimes a lower * mod has better stats.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    What is a good bot / mod to start the base raid? They all seem to die easily from my experience so far.

When are the strange reactor, prime module, security module, and repair mod worth using?
  • Options
    Sycko5Sycko5 Posts: 206
    Throw that harm accelerator on Magnus just to tick everyone off
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Chrome2279 wrote: »
    What is a good bot / mod to start the base raid? They all seem to die easily from my experience so far.

When are the strange reactor, prime module, security module, EMI and repair mod worth using?

Edit

So here is what I’ve changed so far, thoughts?

0ea4dl27x7ec.png

Or switching WheelJack +Resource for Sideswipe + LGM

vkmvxp5hioks.png
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    @0VERKILL

Thank you those are some good suggestions. You listed 5 mods, what about the other mods like EMI, Security, strange, SC2000, SC1000 etc?
  • Options
    @0VERKILL

Using your suggestions here is what I’ve done so far. Thoughts? Does it make sense to put them in this order?

5qfc2n7lq78p.png
  • Options
    Use Special 1 Unblockable with a bot with a nasty, not easy to dodge sp2,, all specials attacks will suck to them
  • Options
    TheWolfTheWolf Posts: 35
    edited September 2018
    Here is mine. A lot of success with Prowl and Megatron w harm accelerator. Its not enough to win often but its clearly the setup who gave me the more win.
    Edit: can't join image dont know why..
  • Options
    This is mine
    m3dapivkucqd.png
  • Options
    Sycko5Sycko5 Posts: 206
    People will most of the time run over your base no matter what. What I usually do is look at “What is this bots greatest strength?”
    and see how I can enhance it with mods. Is the bot good at evading? Do they become unstoppable a lot? Try a Nightbirds mark and a exo filter. But the harm accelerator is up to you since most people bring MV1s and other purifying bots/synergies.
  • Options
    ReworkRework Posts: 122
    Honestly, I've decided against trying to make a base that wins defenses. The way Raid matching and rewards are currently handled, there is little benefit to winning. You get a token handful of chips but you make your next attack raid (where the real rewards are) another step harder.
    Like others have said, the bigger benefit of a base is mining gold.
  • Options
    Sycko5 wrote: »

That's what I do:)
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    kxnvks572v09.png
    Soon as my 5* Magnus is leveled he's going on the other HA :)
  • Options
    ReworkRework Posts: 122
    DrShotgun wrote: »

That ticks people off? My BW team hadn't noticed! B)
  • Options
    DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    nxg35ny6itt8.png

mine. I stopped bothering to try and set it up any better because quite frankly, it gets to a point where people only lose if they make a mistake rather than because your setup is amazing. I lose
    occasionally if I'm not paying attention, but that's it
  • Options
    Rework wrote: »
    DrShotgun wrote: »

That ticks people off? My BW team hadn't noticed! B)

Yeah it doesn't seem to bother Grimlock either...even with the "disadvantage" lol
  • Options
    Put the same color bots on the outsides (yellow across from yellow, red across from red, whatever), so people bring bots that have an advantage against them (in this instance a tech and a brawler). Then put bots that have an advantage against the likely raid team in the center spots to force disadvantages (again, in this instance a scout and a tactician).