Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Megatronus' Intel Report and GamePlay Rip-Out and Tips

SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
edited September 2018 in General Discussion
Yo!, I've Made so far I understood and experienced, + those shared by others. I'm not pro player, so correct me. Hope it's good.
Megatronus : Demolitions

Abilties:
  • Life Steal : I'm Vampire Prime!
  • Relic of Fury : Attack Buff + Block Penetration
  • Relic of Preservation : Resistance + Rhinox's Shielding
  • Power Steal : Power Drained = Power Gained, Kabam's third law of Power.
    He's getting a bit of.... Techy?

Passive:
  • Now in Possession of Powerful Relics,
    Megatronus does not generate power as normal, He instead generates 1.2% of Max Power every second.
  • He begins fight with Relic of Fury. When filling a Power Bar, He toggles between Relic of Fury and Relic of Preservation.

Relic of Fury :
  • This Relic grants 30~50% Attack Rating and Reduces Opponent's Block Proficiency by 20%. 5% increase per Rank Up

Relic of Preservation :
  • This Relic Grants 40~50% Damage Resistance. 2.5% increase per Rank Up
  • Opponent's Attack Damage in a Single Hit is capped to 10% of Megatronus' Health.

Relic of Immortality :
  • Once Per Fight, when his Health Bar hits 10%, He activates Relic of Immortality in addition to other Relics for 8 secs making him Indestructible and grating him Full Immunity to all Damage.

Last Hit of Light/Medium Combo:
  • +40% Critical Chance

Heavy Attacks :
  • 100% Chance to Dark Burn for 40% Attack.

Special Attack section! Custom Names Ahead!
Special Attack 1: Emperor of Chaos ---Relic of Fury synonym for Oblivion
- Shoots a Lightning from his Hand [Energy Ranged]
- Lifts up Rocks from ground and throws at Opponent [Physical Ranged]
  • 60% Chance to Inflict 30% Armor Break for 8 secs.
  • If relic of Fury is Active, 100% Chance to Steal 20~30% of Opponent's Current Power.

Special Attack 2: Unpredictable, but Sneaky ---We do trade Lives here
- Shoots a Lightning from his Hand [Energy Ranged]
- Teleports in Opponent's close proximity to Smash a Mighty Punch[Melee Physical, Mirage SP2 identical]
  • Last Hit is Unblockable and has 30% Chance to Stun for 2.5 sec.
  • If Relic of Preservation is Active, 100% Chance to Steal Health Points from Opponent equal to 5~15% of Megatronus' Health.

Special Attack 3: The Ancient SuperPower ---Can you last Alive...in one piece?
- No Animation Recorded or Shared by Anyone.
  • 100% Chance to Dark Burn for 200% Attack.
  • If Relic of Fury is active, 52~64% Chance to Power Steal.
  • If Relic of Preservation, 52~64% Chance to Health Steal.

Signature Ability : Relic of Obedience ---Serve or Die
When Filling a Power Bar
  • Approx. 15~65% Chance to Activate Relic of Obedience preventing Opponent from Activating any Buff or Debuff for 8 secs.
  • Additionally, When the Relic is not active, Buffs and Debuff activated by Opponent are 20% weaker.

Weak Match-Ups:
  • Rhinox: Power Lock will make make sure he never activates his Signature and be kept stuck in Relic of Fury which is easy to Avoid and Shields will protect fromhis Massive Damage attacks.
  • Prowl: The Master of Power Control, although he won't be able nerf his power gain by 'Drain to 0', but he won't let him see a day to trigger his Power Bar abilities and massive Special Attacks.
  • ShockWave: Power Drain will give extra Shocking benefits.
  • Kickback: Stacking about 2-4 Power Leaks will counter his Power Gain, and might even turn it reverse.
  • SoundWave(not in Spotlight): His Power Gain is far stronger than Megs, and Throw Sp1 and hope it triggers Power Leak or simply cycle SP2 and SP3.

Megatronus GamePlay Rip-Out soon next!

Comments

• Some abilities are little tweaked to avoid Confusions, maybe I could be wrong.
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    edited September 2018
    Okay, now we'll discuss his gameplay, Utility(of a Non-Playable Bot?) and His Counters
    Megatronus is really Hard Metal bot, He literally belongs to all classes, and is Advantageous against almost All classes, but is classified as Demolitions due to his Massive Ranged damage output.

Relic of Fury is... quite easy. If you are a good evader, it's not much of a problem.
    Relic of Preservation, it sucks. ~50% Damage resistance! Techs already prefer to Hit like Small Kids, and this intends to make them Infants. Unless it's Rhinox's Bleed or Ratchet/ShockWave's Shocks, all you will notice is a standing still Health Bar, and Capped to 10% of Max Health completely beats the Demos even. And IDK why? But, i feel that Wasp's Resistance debuff should decrease it's effectiveness because this relics grants ~50% 'Damage Resistance'. So, while this Relic is ON, you are supposed to most damage through DoTs, but why not just fill another bar to Fury Relic and attack then, just if next bar is not SP3.

Megatronus' Force Shield Relic of Immortality actually works exactly same as it, Health bar Stops at 10%, knocks enemy back, but only Once per Fight. He's indestructible, means even If strong enough DoTs are working on him, his health will just stand still at "1" as long as Relic is Active. + No Damage from Attacks. Like Force Shield, it has a breakthrough, If you get K.O leaving him at exact 10% or below, he won't activate this Relic if he doesn't heal to get above 10%. Means Use long lasting bot first who can take him to 10%, if you can take him further, it's all good. But if casuality occurs, keep a High damage but short lasting bot on backup as last man standing to finish him.

His Heavy Dark burn is quite strong for bot meant to be a BOSS.
    Sp1 inflict a quite strong Armor break for quite long time combined with BOSSly MODs can get you a One-Shot K.O
    SP2 unblockable, so watch out, be an evader and it has chance to stun too which is most dangerous against a buffed up BOSS.
    SP3 dark burn is way too dangerous.

Okay, Let's talk about Power Steal and Life Steal.
    Power Steal is really not so scary, it steals ~30% of 'Current' Power, so if you have 50% power, it will steal 15% of Max Power and so.
    Life Steal is quite too lethal, because as a buffed up BOSS, 15% of His Max Health should be easily equivalent to 50% of your bot's health, and even more if the bot is a Tech or a Scout. Combined with his Damage dealt by Special Attack, it's a plain ticket to death. Health Block will surely prevent him from gaining health, but I'm not sure if it will prevent him from taking YOUR health.
    However, SP3 has little reduced chances to inflict any of those based on relic active, it's still quite high trigger often.
    But, I must say Devs has Made it quite complicated to make these abilities trigger as less possible on SP1 and SP2. How?

He starts fight with Relic of Fury, When he gets Power Bar filled, Sp1 ready, Relic of Preservation ON, but Sp1 won't Power Steal due to absence of Fury Relic.
    When S2 get filled, it won't have Preservation Relic active to Life Steal.
    So, he must Use bait SP1, and very next SP1/SP2 will have required buff. On third round of Special Attack, they won't have required one for Abilities, so Sp1 and fourth round will have them. If on first round they go for SP3, they'll have required one in Second round. So, it's better to Bait their SP2 to prevent any accident, but if AI gets sissy, his Power Gain will take him to SP3 unless you have Power Control.

His signature makes your buff and debuff 20% weaker: 50% Evade becomes 40% Evade. 50% Armor Break becomes 40% Armor Break. 25% Power Gain becomes 20% Power Gain and so. Not sure how it works with Rhinox's Shields, but WJ's Force Shield may only block 80% of Damage. For Power Locks, it may effect duration. DoTs damage might be effected. For ShockWave, their Damage might reduce, but Power Drain may be the Same as it's not a debuff, it's his passive ability, Drain Shocked Enemy.
    This weakness is canceled if Relic of Obedience is inflicted on you. Your existing Buffs and Debuffs will get Original Strength, but you won't be able to activate any further for 8 secs.
    His Counters?

As a Stand-Alone Opponent:
    • Rhinox: Power Lock will make make sure he never activates his Signature and be kept stuck in Relic of Fury which is easy to Avoid and Shields will protect from his Massive Damage attacks.
    • Prowl: The Master of Power Control, although he won't be able to nerf his power gain by 'Drain to 0', but he won't let him see a day to trigger his Power Bar abilities and massive Special Attacks.
    • ShockWave: Power Drain will give extra Shocking benefits. Blocking while Fury Relic active may not allow him to take damage.Why? a normal bot's Block Proficiency is >20%. So +100% Block Proficiency = >120%. 20% Block Penetration = >120-20% = >100%? Well, this might be only a theory.
    • Kickback: Stacking about 2-4 Power Leaks will counter his Power Gain, and might even turn it reverse.
    • SoundWave: His Power Gain is far stronger than Megs, and Throw Sp1 and hope it triggers Power Leak or simply cycle SP2 and SP3.

As Spotlight Bot : Here Power Race matters most
    • Rhinox : Same as Above, and randomizerwill make him more prone to Shield Shocks. Armor he gets for replicating Shield will not affect much, just carry on.
    • Prowl : Play Carefully, He will only get one one melee buff per replication, but no power as prowl gets. If he's getting a bit of offensive, do it yourself too. Even without Signature Ability, you'll win the Power Race with a bit of Offense and drain power.
    • ShockWave: All you need is reverse the strategy, Blocking won't help. But aggression will win Power Race, SP1, Shock, Power Drain.
    • KickBack : Same as above. And he really don't much buf to replicate. Just don't let him replicate SP3 heals.
    • Mirage : Heavy Miss, Special Attack Protection. And... He just works good. He'll surely win the Power Race.
    • WindBlade : No buff to replicate. Miss Ranged. Even if Obedience active. She will tear him apart if she's SwordMastered.
    • Drift : If You are a Good Evader, this might be very good choice as His buff might be replicated only once if you don't get hit. If SowrdMastered, he'll be greater. Just Thinking, what will Megatronus do with Deep Focus as he has no bleeds.
    • Arcee : Her Ranged Evade would be very forgiving against him. Her Crit Power Gain won't be affected by Obedience and if you're very offensive, you're pretty likely to fill SP2 before he could fill SP1!
    • Demotron : Rare Buffs, No Debuffs [Impairs Charges are not debuffs]
    • Wasp : Shoot him up! But, Dodge frequently
    • IronHide : Needs no Explanation.
    • Galvatron : No buff to replicate. Block in Shifts, dodge ASAP you see him coming. Block for 0.5 sec, dodge, repeat, this will be bit of hard. Heavy and you'll get enough time to charge 20 charges. Dodge heavy and charge rest, they don't really elapse so fast for you can't do it. It's better than nothing, though.

Spotlight Do Not's :
    • SoundWave : Power Gain to Sp3, KO in first 10 secs. Done! Without Power Gain, you're a rusted gramophone.
    • Cheetor : However he's good. But 100% Evade, Power replication? You won't feel so good if you're not so skilled to avoid Megs.
    • Ratchet : Hey, I took you to 60%, now I'm getting a heal. So, Replicate and get Back to 80-100%.
    • Power Gainers, Healers, Evade Buffs and One with Highly Effective Backfiring Buffs.
    Whoa!, That's too much of a reading!
  • Don't over-tweak it. There's no "if xx relic is active"' for his SP1 and SP2 to steal power and health, respectively.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited September 2018
    Another question on the wording: "when the Relic (of Obedience) is not active". Does it mean when the Relic is not triggered by the sig , or does it mean all the time when the Relic is not activated?

Moreover, do "Other relics in addition to Immortality" include Obedience if he's duped?
  • Another question on the wording: "when the Relic (of Obedience) is not active". Does it mean when the Relic is not triggered by the sig , or does it mean all the time when the Relic is not activated?

It means it is just active, If it gets activated on Filling power Bar, Weakness in buffs will be removed as long as it's active.
    edited September 2018
    Don't over-tweak it. There's no "if xx relic is active"' for his SP1 and SP2 to steal power and health, respectively.

Far I remember, I checked this on Expert Megatronus, it was showing it there. Maybe, I need a rest!
    Maybe Kabam sent a patch file later to make it clear. @Kabam Miike , @Kabam Vydious ?
  • So in that light, which would be more effective? Mirage or shockwave?
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Flrsbw wrote: »
    So in that light, which would be more effective? Mirage or shockwave?

Shockwave
  • Here is the Rhinox vs Megatronus fight video shared by our Alliance Leader Chaze Who does not use Forums and is not a youtuber
    Hope it may help a bit.

https://youtu.be/9u2C_cflPRc
  • @KillMasterC , as you can see he had Relic of Preservation active, he didn't stole power from Rhinox on his SP1in last ,minute. So, he needs Relic of Fury there.
    edited September 2018
    Okay, I was quite wrong. He needs to use sp1 only once when he won't have Fury Relic. After that if he keeps going for SP2, there will be always Preservation Relic available there, unless he uses SP1/3
  • Full Deatils on his ability stats available here!
    https://transformers-forged-to-fight.wikia.com/wiki/Megatronus
    4jj036hviyu7.png
    Definitely needs some grammar correction

About the Strategy...
    Power control isn't really needed, Megatronus' power gain is pretty slow. Soundwave, the OG power gainer, gains MOAR power per second than him, and he still gains power from being hit yet no one uses power drainers against him

vjey3ekxgrg4.png
    "Matrix of Immortality" (srry for the nitpick)
    And does anyone have a video of his SP3? It must have something to do with his jet mode, right?
    edited September 2018
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    And does anyone have a video of his SP3? It must have something to do with his jet mode, right?

I don't think, anyone has enough guts to do it Or survive that.
  • Gunz0 wrote: »
    4jj036hviyu7.png
    Definitely needs some grammar correction

About the Strategy...
    Power control isn't really needed, Megatronus' power gain is pretty slow. Soundwave, the OG power gainer, gains MOAR power per second than him, and he still gains power from being hit yet no one uses power drainers against him

vjey3ekxgrg4.png
    "Matrix of Immortality" (srry for the nitpick)

You can correct it, or add something... Create a account there.. But edit is only available on PC, not mobile.
  • Gunz0 wrote: »

I attempted to record a Megatronus SP3 attack, but unfortunately, SP3 was locked in Hard Mode. Seems like Kabam is unwilling to part with all of The Fallen’s secrets so easily.
  • KennyKenny Posts: 309
    Technobot wrote: »
    Gunz0 wrote: »

I attempted to record a Megatronus SP3 attack, but unfortunately, SP3 was locked in Hard Mode. Seems like Kabam is unwilling to part with all of The Fallen’s secrets so easily.

Take prowl or cheetor and fight him on expert or master, you’ll see his sp3 way more than you’d like. I used prowl and gave him enough power for sp3 in about 20 seconds. Also his sp3 hurts a lot, I don’t think it’s possible to survive.
  • iuJacob wrote: »
    Here’s his special 3:

https://youtu.be/_5IPHgEBjEM

Glad I was never on the receiving end of that but cool as hell
  • Don't over-tweak it. There's no "if xx relic is active"' for his SP1 and SP2 to steal power and health, respectively.

Far I remember, I checked this on Expert Megatronus, it was showing it there. Maybe, I need a rest!
    Maybe Kabam sent a patch file later to make it clear. @Kabam Miike , @Kabam Vydious ?
    8j19c5msmisv.png
    It's kinda late to prove myself right, but
    Well, finally I get to see Master Megatronus.
  • woo224woo224 Posts: 180
    I've already put up an article on day two of Cyclonus month for Megatronus on the Forged to Fight Wiki:

I've looked at the game files for the OFFICIAL bio and Special Attack names and descriptions,
  • woo224 wrote: »
    I've already put up an article on day two of Cyclonus month for Megatronus on the Forged to Fight Wiki:

I've looked at the game files for the OFFICIAL bio and Special Attack names and descriptions,

Why are you claiming this, "the coming final boss of main story's Act 4" for Megatronus?
    edited September 2018
    Red_Eyes wrote: »
    woo224 wrote: »

Why are you claiming this, "the coming final boss of main story's Act 4" for Megatronus?

I thought edit this too: But a thought came in me:
    No, No, No, You yourself are not sure it's wrong or right. Don't give other a chance to roast you. Put only what you know(Ability Stats).
    Anyway it was fun calculating Base Ability Stats, and Sign Stats for each 5 level.
  • woo224woo224 Posts: 180
    Well, I didn't write the Act 4 "prediction". Other editors came in to add more info because Megatronus is a special character.
  • woo224 wrote: »
    Well, I didn't write the Act 4 "prediction". Other editors came in to add more info because Megatronus is a special character.

Hmm,, that might be the Case.