Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Stats

Just wondering. Do all bots carry the same “hidden” stats. Speed/agility/defense/armor etc. I know some stats are shown(atk/health). But there are a lot of other stats that aren’t shown.

MVtron for example, he has a “strong Cybertronian skin, giving him 10% armor”. But what is his armor stat to begin with? Or like arcee high evade for ranged atks, what’s this based on? I feel like there are stats hidden from the eye. And also these stats are raised through the roof with a.m bots vs arena arena bots. Or master spotlight mission vs raid bots. Anyway we can clear this up so we can have a more informed choice of what bots we use(upgrade) or bots we choose to fightwith vs other bots.

Comments

• SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    edited September 2018
    A bot generally has zero armor, zero evade.
    +10% armor means it'll be flatly added to his zero armor or one he may get from a MOD.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited September 2018
    Then if a bot had zero armor, how does armor piecing work? Some said 100% armor piecing, some mod on spotlight says "attack ignore xx% or enemy's armor".
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    What about crit rate and crit damage ratings?
    edited September 2018
    Then if a bot had zero armor, how does armor piecing work? Some said 100% armor piecing, some mod on spotlight says "attack ignore xx% or enemy's armor".

Like no Bot generates an Armor Buff or has +10% Passive Armor in Abilities.
    Armor Pierce provides utility against Armor, if there's no Armor, it is Waste. But still, it acts as better than nothing ability.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I've been screaming for an armor stat for months now. The best reply we got was around the Blaster update when Miike said he'd as about it and we never heard anything about it ever again
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779

Like no Bot generates an Armor Buff or has +10% Passive Armor in Abilities.
    Armor Pierce provides utility against Armor, if there's no Armor, it is Waste. But still, it acts as better than nothing ability.

you're half right.

Bots do have an armour stat that is hidden. Bots don't have an evade stat, so just covert the % to that number. For the armour stat, just try to think of it as reducing the damage it would usually inflict by the armour % I suppose.

The other hidden stats are crit chance.

Speed is not a stat at all - it's either poor coding or they are deliberately altering the cool down between actions for some reason. Either way, speed isn't a hidden stat.
  • Thanks for correction,, I always thought why Heavies don't deal exact 100% Attack Rating.
  • I do believe there are hidden stats as far as speed and agility are concerned.

I fight a.m bots who some how manage to put up a block just after a 5 hit combo and block my sp atk. That is a speed stat. Or altering coding. Either way is sneakiness imo.

Also if no bots have an armor rating, being 0. What’s the point of the defense masteries added % to armor? 100% buff to armor on a stat that is 0 is still.......0 lol.

Example, barricade gets synergies from bone crusher and MVtron. 8% to armor Tom each. Added a total of 16% total armor rating. 16% of 0 is.......0. Just doesn’t seem like a lot of this is adding up.
  • Gunz0 wrote: »
    What about crit rate and crit damage ratings?

Also another stat that doesn’t usually add up to what it should be. Crit rate and crit damage. Both are very sketchy to say the least. Cade seems to hit a crit almost everytime on a basic melee, for me at least. But then there are bots like OG prime who isn’t a scout, and he hits crits left and right(not as much as Cade, but just under him). Demo bots should be crit hitting a lot due to “natural output of damage”(being a demo bot) but they only seem to crit on sp atks.

All I’m saying is maybe we could get a more detailed break down of each bot and what thier abilities are or could be. And make them more consistent with the class which they are assigned. I understand in higher a.m lvls and master spotlight kabaam has to up the a.i to make it more difficult(“fun”). But a better break down of who does what and how much they get I think would give us a better understand of what bots a capiable of.
    edited September 2018
    Reaction86 wrote: »
    I do believe there are hidden stats as far as speed and agility are concerned.

I fight a.m bots who some how manage to put up a block just after a 5 hit combo and block my sp atk. That is a speed stat. Or altering coding. Either way is sneakiness imo.

Also if no bots have an armor rating, being 0. What’s the point of the defense masteries added % to armor? 100% buff to armor on a stat that is 0 is still.......0 lol.

Example, barricade gets synergies from bone crusher and MVtron. 8% to armor Tom each. Added a total of 16% total armor rating. 16% of 0 is.......0. Just doesn’t seem like a lot of this is adding up.

Well, the buff are added. If bot get a simple 20% crit rate buff,, it's not +(20% of current) increase. It's flat 20+current increase.. However two or more stacks of a buff have mitigated effect. But if buff has "+" in value like in synergies, it's not mitigated.
    Same goes for Dino Armor pierce. On CRIT it goes like Current Armor - 120 (100 as his ability states + 20 natural crit penetration).
    Same for Primal, if has only one armor he has 100% resistance,, their current crit rate - 100, so if they buff to 200 CRIT rate, he'll get crit. But he has 2 armors, he has 200 CRIT resistance. Demotron has once crit in heavy through his armor, for each impair charge gives +5% CRIT rate.
  • ReworkRework Posts: 122
    edited September 2018
    Even the basic Attack power stat is rather vague. How does that number apply to a melee attack, ranged attack or heavy attack? I suspect it varies by class or even by individual bot.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Reaction86 wrote: »
    I do believe there are hidden stats as far as speed and agility are concerned.

it's just coding and latency.

If you want a fair idea of the hidden stats, just look to MCoC. I'm guessing it will be the same stats but with the addition of ranged damage. Galvatrons ranged damage was increased (without his dark energon charges) so I'm not sure how that ties in, but I think armour, crit chance, crit damage, crit resist for sure.

The increases are shown in % to us, but if a bots rating is 0 and you increase it by x%, you are just increasing it by x I believe. That's why Ironhide started criting with the crit rate mastery.

I'm not sure if that 1.5% increase or whatever it is, means you will land a crit 1.5 times in 100, though. That's the part where I feel something is wrong