Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Do the core bots need updates?

Lately Kabam has been SUPER creative in the thoughts and designs of our new bots. The creativity that goes into our latest guys have been astounding...which began the question:
In the days of pulsing fields, Feral Strikes, force shields, etc....many of us have maxed bots such as Grindor and Arcee...while still serving a purpose, seem a tad.... obsolete. Grindor vs Tantrum for example. Grindor might have a tad of an advantage armor wise, but that's about it. Arcee has fast bullets..and that's about it. Mirage used to be the shield king but you don't see him on the field very often anymore.
Should we have an option to upgrade our bots? Maybe a program that adds an ability?
I'm not a coder or game designer, so I don't know what would be involved in doing something like this, but I feel our core team had been shelved.

Comments

• Arcee is cool.
    OGP needs to make his bleeds into shocks and some anti-melee buff tactics, to make him a counter to brawlers.
  • Arcee is cool.
    OGP needs to make his bleeds into shocks and some anti-melee buff tactics, to make him a counter to brawlers.

100% agree. I gets annoying when i vs primal when G1 prime. Can’t use sp3 for that permanent armour break
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    OG is definitely in need of an update. Canon wise he's supposed to have super dense armor, so an armor buff better than Grindor and Tantrum should be a thing...he's a Prime. Seeing as how amazing Megatronus is, Prime should hold his own against him with ease
  • Sycko5Sycko5 Posts: 206
    I’m beginning to think that OG isn’t much of a counter toward brawlers but rather a counter toward other bots. Sure he has some abilities against bots like motormaster but his sig might be focused on handling other bots that can’t purify. It’s almost like he’s great against a lot of other bots besides that one that he’s supposed to have a class advantage over.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Yeah...Kabam increases OGP's defense and nerfs his damage output, I'd love to see your guys' tears when Kabam does this for realsies
  • Gunz0 wrote: »
    Yeah...Kabam increases OGP's defense and nerfs his damage output, I'd love to see your guys' tears when Kabam does this for realsies

Yeah at least make his sign Bleeds into shocks for same damage. MV1 and Primal cured.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    All this being said, I wanna give props to the bot designers. The way they make each bot SOOO different and unique lately is great. I'm super impressed with Cyclonus and Wheeljack
  • Here it goes,
    Optimus Prime :
    Signature : Inflicts Shocks for same damage instead of Bleeds.
    Passive : Armor Broken Enemy looses either a Melee or Attack buff every sec.

Dinobot :
    Signature : +x% Chance to be Unblockable against Armor Broken opponent. 15% Reduced Ability Accuracy per Armor Break stack.

MotorMaster :
    Passive : 100% Crit Resistance while Unstoppable.

Bludgeon :
    Signature : +x% Crit Damage and +30% Crit Rate until next Crit Hit if Enemy avoid a melee attack.

HotRod :
    De-Acceleration can stack to 3.
    Each Crit Buff last 2 sec but is refreshed upon Successful Hits..[Max Stacks:8]

Hound :
    Burning Opponent drain 2.5% of max power per second.
    Opponent with Crit Rate Debuff triggers 50% less melee evades.

SideSwipe :
    Heavy Attack: Crit Hit nullifies a Power Gain/Rate buff.

Jazz :
    Signature Ability: Confused bots looses x% of current power on missing Attacks. If they slip to lower bar, they are Power Locked for 5 secs.
    Special Attack 1: Each Hit against Confused Opponent has 25% chance to stun for 3 sec. Crit Hits against Unconfused enemy grant 12% of a power bar.
    Special Attack 2:Sonic Attack confuses Opponent while Crit Kick Attack power locks enemy for 6 sec. Special 3 of opponent is locked as long as Opponent is confused

SoundWave :
    Ranged : 40% Chance to nullify a Special buff.
    Special 1: Power Leak is Power Steal.

Wasp :
    Passive: +25% Projectile Speed while under 75%, Gains additional +25% Projectile Speed under 50%.
    Melee Attacks: +20% Damage against Opponent with pending Stings (not the resistance debuff)
    edited September 2018
    @SparkShredder why would bare fists cause shock lol? I get why normal bot fists can create holes in the opponent's broken armor to make them bleed energon, but shock is just... weird
    Prime is just good as he is. He's Tactician enough, not every single bot has to be a 100% counter to their disadvantaged class. Cheetor can still counter Arcee and Hot Rod's evades, Arcee increases her crit rate against dashing opponents like Motormaster and Tantrum. Wait... Scouts having an advantage over Warriors and Warriors having an advantage over Brawlers? BULLSCRAP

I like your Hound and Hot Rod's reworks since there aren't that many Warrior power controllers

Waspinator's rework will also make him easier to fight against. Yessssss
  • @Gunz0
    Prime attack will cause serous malfunctions in their internal system when they are armor broken, causing them to shock up.
    And yeah Wasp will be easier to fight as it'll give time to adapt to ranged speed. Ultimately, he'll end up with +50% Projectile bonus under 50%. And we'll not have get him under 50 to get real utility. Under 75 will work too
    @Gunz0
    Prime attack will cause serous malfunctions in their internal system when they are armor broken, causing them to shock up.

Hmmm... fair point
    Grimlock needs update the most. He has nothing outside of melee buffs, burn debuffs and purification, he's pretty much useless without his signature abilities and against bots/mods without DOT debuffs
  • serdoodserdood Posts: 115
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    All this being said, I wanna give props to the bot designers. The way they make each bot SOOO different and unique lately is great. I'm super impressed with Cyclonus and Wheeljack

I agree with the new bots are pretty unique and designers have put thought into the abilities. Thank goodness there is only one bot per month if not we will just have duplicate bots with same abilities.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    Grimlock needs update the most. He has nothing outside of melee buffs, burn debuffs and purification, he's pretty much useless without his signature abilities and against bots/mods without DOT debuffs

Grimlock’s melee buffs from purification are pretty useless. They disappear before you can really use them unless you throw a random heavy to reset it. But that can lead you to being open for counters. They should allow you to keep the melee buffs and you lose them one by one per melee hit.
  • Ok I know I'm not as good as everyone else on here and Grimlock's my favourite bot, but I have to disagree he is useless against bots/mods that don't have a dot debuffs he is a beast and can shrug off attacks and has great potential to survive quite a few fights without using repairs. While it is hard to keep his buffs up but I often keep up anywhere from 5 to 8 going on the rare occasion I've had 10 up. But I do wish there timer was a bit longer
  • DrShotgun wrote: »
    OG is definitely in need of an update. Canon wise he's supposed to have super dense armor, so an armor buff better than Grindor and Tantrum should be a thing...he's a Prime. Seeing as how amazing Megatronus is, Prime should hold his own against him with ease

Prime was literally annihilated by Megatronus in Power of the Primes so its fitting that he can't stand against him.
  • DrShotgun wrote: »

Prime was literally annihilated by Megatronus in Power of the Primes so its fitting that he can't stand against him.

So I think Solus Prime must be a tech.