Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

What's with the new bot chip arenas milestones/ranks?

So the bot chip arenas were updated to new milestone marks and rank categorizations. Chip payout difference doesn't seem that significantly better, if at all. Is this just to burn us out even more?
Tagged:

Comments

• Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Also, what happened to the arena crystals in the rank rewards?
    Okay, my poor math skills made me jump the gun on one part. There is a big jump in chip payout. Yes, I used a calculator. :D
  • MeatShield72MeatShield72 Posts: 141
    edited September 2018
    SO we really have to reach 1.5 million again to be in the 1-10%? Why are the points so high? THe final milestone for these arenas used to be 350,000 points. Why is that gone?
    SO we really have to reach 1.5 million again to be in the 1-10%? Why are the points so high? THe final milestone for these arenas used to be 350,000 points. Why is that gone?

Rank's been split up into 1 - 2, 3 - 5, 6 - 10, etc.; no more 1 - 10 anymore.
    Also, no energon with the milestone rewards....
  • Darm0k wrote: »
    Also, no energon with the milestone rewards....

I did not notice that....super weak...
  • Something fishy about this. First off, why has there not been any announcement here on the forums?!
  • Something fishy about this. First off, why has there not been any announcement here on the forums?!

I will say it sounds somewhat familiar....somewhat....
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    Something fishy about this. First off, why has there not been any announcement here on the forums?!

it was in the changelog.. but nothing "official" that breakdowns this new change.
  • Voltron wrote: »
    Something fishy about this. First off, why has there not been any announcement here on the forums?!

it was in the changelog.. but nothing "official" that breakdowns this new change.

Is it me or shouldn't the change log be stuck to the top...
  • The changelog said only that the milestone and rank rewards are increased, nothing about increased points to reach the milestones, nor that energon would disappear from milestones. Or did I miss something?
    Featured Bot Chips reward increase in Raid Events and Arenas
    - Bot Chip Raid Events have been changed to a curve rather than static increase: this means competing in Raids at a higher Medal count will grant TONS more Chips!
    - Bot Chip Arena Rank + Milestone Chip rewards increased by over 300%

From the changelog.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Darm0k wrote: »
    SO we really have to reach 1.5 million again to be in the 1-10%? Why are the points so high? The final milestone for these arenas used to be 350,000 points. Why is that gone?

Rank's been split up into 1 - 2, 3 - 5, 6 - 10, etc.; no more 1 - 10 anymore.

I am not sure I like that at all to be honest. Arenas are a drag as it is. It was nice every other week to breeze through the feature bot arena and get 1-10% with only 450,000 points. Getting to 750,000 alone takes a lot of time and is not easily done on auto battle like getting to 450,000 was. Getting to 1,500,000 is almost a 24 hour task...

I guess we will see how this ends up...

Seems shortsighted on Kabam's side.
    What a way to turn away casual gamers.

320k to complete Arenas is perfect; it allows grinders/pros to get fantastic rewards AND allows casual gamers and noobs a chance to complete this section with a intermediate roster. Plus a sense of satisfaction.

Even after 6 months my 50 bots of assorted classes only achieve between 380-500k points per session. The new checkpoints are terrible, and will discourage noobs plus bore whales.

Revert to the previous system, @Kabam Miike @Kabam Pepper @Kabam Rimehaven . For the player's sake and longevity of the game!
    Okay, now that I've been able to get a little more level headed look at it (after the initial shock of seeing the milestones go up to 1.5m), the bot chip payout is similar. If you stop at the 310k milestone, you get around 1500 chips + the rank which may be 21 - 30 giving another 500 making it a total of 2000. Similar to the old arenas. The only thing is you'll be getting less arena crystals and no energon.

If you only care about bot chips, then the extra grinding will get you a little more chips. If you care about the energon and arena crystals, let's keep on ranting.
  • Well let's just see what the rewards are like tomorrow and then go from there
  • Another KABUM moment..... A step backward in this kind of arena, no energon and a big step up in rewards vs points.
    GOOD LUCK TRYING TO DUPE YOUR 5* CYCLONUS.
    I bet Galvatron HATES Cyclonus even more now. NGHHAAAH!
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    I bet Galvatron HATES Cyclonus even more now. NGHHAAAH!

yeah screw that guy stupid cyclonus.. bloody boobie head
  • Hey All,

Sorry we weren't more clear about this leading up to the change. We did mention it in the changelog, but could definitely have been more clear on exactly what the changes would be.

This change brings the Bot Chip arenas in line with our other Arenas. More Milestones have been added, but those are there merely as an option for Players that want to pursue that goal. Previously, the Arena capped out at 350k, and you could earn up to 2250 Bot Chips in that Arena. Now, the closest Milestone we have to that is 400k, and nets you 2300 Bot chips. If this is as far as you'd like to go, then you can still stop here, but if you'd like to play for more (and nobody is saying that you have to!) you can earn up to 6200 more Chips in the later Milestones!

As for the Energon being removed from the Milestones, we're sorry that we neglected to mention that change. This was the only Arena that still awarded Energon in the Milestones, and we wanted to bring it in line with the other Arenas in the game.
  • The opportunity to grind for more chips each day is welcome but the PBC crystal shards being awarded for rank are pretty laughable
    As for the Energon being removed from the Milestones, we're sorry that we neglected to mention that change. This was the only Arena that still awarded Energon in the Milestones, and we wanted to bring it in line with the other Arenas in the game.

Why was there a need to make this part of the bot arenas like the others? Is it just to remove one more way for players to earn energon?
    iuJacob wrote: »
    Because more ways to earn Energon means less people spending real money to buy energon. They won’t just come out and say that, but it’s very obvious.

Yeah, I know. I just had to say it though.
  • iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    edited September 2018
    Hey All,

Sorry we weren't more clear about this leading up to the change. We did mention it in the changelog, but could definitely have been more clear on exactly what the changes would be.

This change brings the Bot Chip arenas in line with our other Arenas. More Milestones have been added, but those are there merely as an option for Players that want to pursue that goal. Previously, the Arena capped out at 350k, and you could earn up to 2250 Bot Chips in that Arena. Now, the closest Milestone we have to that is 400k, and nets you 2300 Bot chips. If this is as far as you'd like to go, then you can still stop here, but if you'd like to play for more (and nobody is saying that you have to!) you can earn up to 6200 more Chips in the later Milestones!

320k was the final milestone, and your numbers don’t line up. Reaching the new 400k milestone in these new arenas is still paying out significantly less than just getting to the 320k milestone of the old format.

Also, Gold Arena is still paying out Energon so you guys might want to rush to change that now, too.

This was a huge oversight and I’m not surprised people are unhappy. These changes were completely unnecessary, and for the worse.

EDIT:
    Just noticed they also got rid of most of the arena crystals as well. Hahaha

• Great so people complained about the rewards a few months ago so they improved the arena rewards. Now because they they offer us the potential for many more chips they take away the energon. Because they are the same thing?