Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

What's with the new bot chip arenas milestones/ranks?

Comments

• Options
    Quit crying guys! If you want to do it great if not then don’t.
  • Options
    VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    edited September 2018

totally unnecessary - just remember what goes around comes around.
  • Options
    BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited September 2018

I have a job, 3 kids, a wife, elderly parents and friends to tend to.
    This was a 'Happy Time' break.
    Great if you want to spend all your free time on this, but i bet others won't share your sentiment.
    It's this kind of thing which turns a leisurely past time into a DREARY SLOG.
    Again,
    WE HAVE LIVES
  • Options

If you like what you read great! If you don't then move on.
  • Options
    Let’s do the maths - it’s about 11k chips if you get 1-2% and all the milestones. Do that for 14 arenas, and you get a little over 150k chips. Or just about enough chips to buy the second feature 4* in the store (140k).

So I have to score 1.5M every day for 2 weeks in order to get 1 4* crystal.

Not gonna happen. Bye bye bot arena.

I can’t be the only one thinking like this. And I’d be willing to bet that a significant number of people who start to slow down and reduce their playing time due to changes like this end up quitting altogether not long after.

Great move Kabam. How are the arena participation figures looking? I know I’m not seeing many arena help requests coming through from my normally active alliance...
  • Options
    lilbeastie wrote: »
    Let’s do the maths - it’s about 11k chips if you get 1-2% and all the milestones. Do that for 14 arenas, and you get a little over 150k chips. Or just about enough chips to buy the second feature 4* in the store (140k).

So I have to score 1.5M every day for 2 weeks in order to get 1 4* crystal.

Not gonna happen. Bye bye bot arena.

I can’t be the only one thinking like this. And I’d be willing to bet that a significant number of people who start to slow down and reduce their playing time due to changes like this end up quitting altogether not long after.

Great move Kabam. How are the arena participation figures looking? I know I’m not seeing many arena help requests coming through from my normally active alliance...

Wait for the reply!
    1. But you can get Cyclonus chips via rocket missions and calendars! Woohoo an extra 7.5-12k at most! Just enough for a 3*!
    2. What about Spotlight and monthly objectives? Has anyone bothered to count?
    Anything approaching 100k?
    IF.YOU.DO.EVERYTHING.100%.
    3. PLUS the afforementioned 1.5M arenas x14=
    Social Services paying me a visit.
    And my wife's divorce lawyer.

Hey, look, Combiner Wars Cyclonus is literally just $25 on eBay!
    THAT'S THE WAY TO GO.

rant over
  • Options
    BlackRazak wrote: »

Great if you want to spend all your free time on this, but i bet others won't share your sentiment.
    Again,
    WE HAVE LIVES
    As mike said you don’t have to grind it out if you don’t want!
  • Options
    If the actual physical version of your digital bot is literally FAR easier to get, that's terrible news.
    Like playing Gran Turismo to win a Lamborghini Huracan when you have one in the garage
  • Options

Again,
    WE HAVE LIVES

kind of ironic that most of your started threads are of you crying to Kabam
  • Options
    KennyKenny Posts: 309
    I’m ok with the way they did the milestone rewards, requiring more points for more chips it makes sense. What irks me though is the removal of arena crystals and energon, I mean isn’t that why there called arena crystals?? Anyways I barley played arena as it’s super boring to me, I understand why players do arenas, however this seems geared towards those going for the 5 star bot. Which is great. Personally though I’ll continue to skip the arenas and expect others too as well, only a select few people go for the 5 star featured bot through chips right now, and this isn’t quite enough to push many over the edge. It’s another step towards getting a million chips for certain players.
    Overall it’s not that bad of a change because the few chips difference odds are will make no difference for most of us.
  • Options
    Kenny wrote: »
    I’m ok with the way they did the milestone rewards, requiring more points for more chips it makes sense. What irks me though is the removal of arena crystals and energon, I mean isn’t that why there called arena crystals?? Anyways I barley played arena as it’s super boring to me, I understand why players do arenas, however this seems geared towards those going for the 5 star bot. Which is great. Personally though I’ll continue to skip the arenas and expect others too as well, only a select few people go for the 5 star featured bot through chips right now, and this isn’t quite enough to push many over the edge. It’s another step towards getting a million chips for certain players.
    Overall it’s not that bad of a change because the few chips difference odds are will make no difference for most of us.

Perhaps.
    But it's nigh impossible to expect anything approaching enough Cyclonus chips.
    Grand total possible from 14x 1.5M missions would be below 200k Cyclonus chips.
    Let's say you ace the monthly spotlight missions?
    <100k.
    Total monthly spotlight milestone rewards?
    <100k.
    Rocket missions?
    <15k.
    WHERE DOES THE OTHER 500-585k Cyclonus chips come from if not $$$$$$.

Might as well buy the 5* LGBT icon with cash. From day one.

I find this schematic is kinda killing the long term longevity for not-hardcore TF fanboys.
  • Options
    Also, does anyone from Kabam realise this is the first time a GAY character has been thrust (hehehe) into gamer's faces?
    As the monthly prize?
    Hooray diversity!
  • Options
    Voltron wrote: »

Again,
    WE HAVE LIVES

This topic isn’t something to complain over. It’s actuall good they made more milestones for people like me who go for 1 mil. But, you people hardly have constructive feedback. So when I bring something up it’s not to complain about something trivial like this thread.
  • Options
    Also, does anyone from Kabam realise this is the first time a GAY character has been thrust (hehehe) into gamer's faces?
    As the monthly prize?
    Hooray diversity!

GAY!? Cyclonus?
  • Options
    As the monthly prize?
    Hooray diversity!

GAY!? Cyclonus?

According to IDW.
    His lover is a tiny Autobot named Tailgate.
    I kid you not.

Back on topic:
    Outrage! Angst!
    LET'S IMPLEMENT THE PREVIOUS MILESTONES FOR THE 2ND CYCLONUS WEEK, WITH SIMILAR REWARDS TO WHEELJACK'S ARENAS.
  • Options
    Kabam, you risk burning players out with the increased milestones. As has been mentioned, bot chips week was an easy week for most players, a chance to have a break from the grinding highest possible scores day after day, not to mention the little extra energon from milestones, and a good arena crystal payout for the effort.

I’m already at the point where I’m missing entire arena days due to burnout from it, only really going for crystal bounty and sig bounty as hard as possible. Base bounty has been reduced to a single round for the daily, and the rest get as much of a run as I can be bothered doing, if at all. Arena bot chips week was my chance to get max milestones in 10 or so rounds, even 11-20% still got max shards and a good arena crystal payout, which helped considering how many days I’m missing out on.

Despite this, I’m not against increasing the final milestone. But 1.5 million points is far too steep for what too many players see as a relief from grinding. By any means, even double the original limit would be good. 650k would give a good target both for those who want to grind, and those who have the roster to get reasonably close in 1 run.

And please, restore the energon to milestones. For those of us who have to endlessly save to pick up the energon deals it helps a lot.

As a final suggestion. I know you guys mentioned it very briefly in the change log, but situations like this could have been avoided if you guys asked us what we thought of it beforehand. Quite sure the answer would have been ‘not that high’, and would have saved the hassle of shifting through endless complaints about it. We’re quite a receptive community, and quite a few of the things we’ve asked for have been listened to. We can do the same for you guys. Another example would be bot buffs. There are plenty here (myself included) who would happily run beta tests on them for you, and give feedback and opinion which, with a wide enough pool of beta testers, would give you a good idea of the general opinion. There’s countless threads asking for some bots to be buffed, it still needs addressed.

Just something to consider, @Kabam Miike. I’m not an expert on how you guys work, but we can help
  • Options
    Voltron wrote: »

Again,
    WE HAVE LIVES

This topic isn’t something to complain over. It’s actuall good they made more milestones for people like me who go for 1 mil. But, you people hardly have constructive feedback. So when I bring something up it’s not to complain about something trivial like this thread.

talk about pretentiousness and hypocrisy. lol..you should double check your threads before saying they're not trivial. just because you don't agree doesn't mean your stance on the subject is the correct. it is you people that fail to grasp this simple concept.
  • Options
    Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    I believe that @Kabam Miike made it loud and clear: (nobody is saying that you have to!).
    So no one have to do arena or playing the game all together, you can simply delete the app & ask for refund if you bought anything from there store.
    Removing the Energon from the milestone was a great move but not enough because players still can get it from the spotlight,adds & other areas in the new Quintessa.
    Less rewards for more effort is always the right thing to do in bizarro world were Kabam lives.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Kabam, you risk burning players out with the increased milestones.

i think the milestones are fine because the purpose was to allow people "try" for a 5*.. where they messed up was increasing the chips in the rankings. what they needed to do was increase the chips IN THE MILESTONES. This ensured there wasn't a shift from needed points to chips earned that will result if all of us having to do spend more time playing in the arenas for the same amount of chips.

update: also removal of energon and arena crystals
  • Options
    you remove arene crystal from rank reward it's no longer possible i give up this game you give us no content have got bored to die and now you removed us the arena crystal with which we get our gold I can not do it too much
  • Options
    KennyKenny Posts: 309
    Kenny wrote: »

Perhaps.
    But it's nigh impossible to expect anything approaching enough Cyclonus chips.
    Grand total possible from 14x 1.5M missions would be below 200k Cyclonus chips.
    Let's say you ace the monthly spotlight missions?
    <100k.
    Total monthly spotlight milestone rewards?
    <100k.
    Rocket missions?
    <15k.
    WHERE DOES THE OTHER 500-585k Cyclonus chips come from if not $$$$$$.

Might as well buy the 5* LGBT icon with cash. From day one.

I find this schematic is kinda killing the long term longevity for not-hardcore TF fanboys.

Baby steps towards more chips. That’s something kabam has been doing for awhile now.

Now that that’s clear, I did not say everyone will be getting a 5 star cyclonus because of this, I simply said it will help the few going after him. Obviously the rest of the chips come from crystals or money, but it’s a reduction in the necessary money nonetheless.

Also, you forgot alliance missions as a source, every little bit adds up for those going for a million (not so much for the rest of us).
  • Options
    Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    After calculating the chip numbers, I’m a little more okay with the new milestone rewards. Yes, you have to grind a little more to get the same amount, but you have an opportunity to go for a lot more if you feel like doing arenas. (Just you may get burned out faster)

I’m more disappointed they took out arena crystals from rank rewards and energon from milestones. I will miss getting the energon from these missing sources.
  • Options
    This arena change is completely unnecessary!!
    Please just put it back to the way it was!!!
  • Options
    Arena is where Kabam hurts players, every time: removal of chips per round, removal of 3* arenas, removal of crystal bounty, etc, etc....
  • Options
    I've read somewhere that rewards are medal tally based?
    What are the commander level and medals amount checkpoints for this format?
    @Kabam Miike
  • Options
    I've read somewhere that rewards are medal tally based?
    What are the commander level and medals amount checkpoints for this format?
    @Kabam Miike

Medals have nothing to do with arena - the only time your medal count makes a difference is to the rewards you get from raiding. More medals = more chips and event points from winning raids.
  • Options
    Arena is where Kabam hurts players, every time: removal of chips per round, removal of 3* arenas, removal of crystal bounty, etc, etc....

I disagree with most of this really - removing the chips felt wrong at the time but did simplify things and worked out ok I think. Getting rid of 3* arenas was a benefit too, as you could concentrate on one arena - although it will have hurt newer players with smaller rosters when they made the change. The first crystal change was annoying too but I think the reasoning was sound too (too many shards too soon).

This one just feels like a punishment though, and I can’t see any reason for it other than trying to hide a cynical slashing of our free energon sources. This change isn’t going to help many get a 5* bot or any other extra rewards, but it is likely to drive people away who like to push but need a little easier time of things every now and again. Shorter bot arenas was a perfect way to get a little break without leaving the game, but they’ve taken that away and I think it will hurt active player numbers badly.
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited September 2018

I disagree with most of this really - removing the chips felt wrong at the time but did simplify things and worked out ok I think. Getting rid of 3* arenas was a benefit too, as you could concentrate on one arena - although it will have hurt newer players with smaller rosters when they made the change. The first crystal change was annoying too but I think the reasoning was sound too (too many shards too soon).

This one just feels like a punishment though, and I can’t see any reason for it other than trying to hide a cynical slashing of our free energon sources. This change isn’t going to help many get a 5* bot or any other extra rewards, but it is likely to drive people away who like to push but need a little easier time of things every now and again. Shorter bot arenas was a perfect way to get a little break without leaving the game, but they’ve taken that away and I think it will hurt active player numbers badly.

If you manage to absorb all the changes before, I see no reason you'll not live with this. Aggravated by this latet one, then adapt like those who didn't quit.
    by the way, which is 'too many too soon'? 25 energons compared to 650 4* shards?
  • Options

If you manage to absorb all the changes before, I see no reason you'll not live with this. Aggravated by this latet one, then adapt like those who didn't quit.
    by the way, which is 'too many too soon'? 25 energons compared to 650 4* shards?

Noted.
    But won't these constant changes create a huge IMBALANCE between noobs and pros?
    This singular reason is why a lot of P2P games get abandoned after awhile.
    Though still somewhat skill based, a skilled noob has nearly no chance of completing harder missions or even acquiring half decent bots anytime soon, unless they're lucky AF with the bot crystals.
    People have terrible attention spans!
  • Options
    SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    edited September 2018
    removal of crystal bounty,
    Am I missing somewhere? Or is it related to last week, coz I really didn't played last week arenas except gold and t3c