Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Megatronus - Master spotlight

There were a lot of complaints about the 7.0 update, mainly about the lack of new content. I also saw the video of Synthwave about this update and the nonsense of not making a little more accessible t3c, necessary to improve the 5*, which I was totally agree

Basically, all we have to do each month are the spotlight missions and when I talk about spotlight, I speak mostly master level because the other levels are rather simple and kind of boring.

Here we are with an update without content and completely devoid of logic in terms of progress of the game.
I finish the mission master for 4 months. I use objects for the 2-3 most difficult paths, but it's ok. After all this, kabam sends us megatronus. It's now 20x that I'm trying to do it and I have brought it under the 50% of life just once. Clearly, for players like me, it's even less content and even less t3c than the little there was already. Am I the only one in this situation?
There is not a day since 1 week when I am angry after the game and kabam. I play for over a year, my alliance has also been for over a year, I only ask to continue playing. On the other hand, what I see is a company that has little or no respect for her community and seems to give much more in improvisation and lies than in the content and understanding of expectations. In short, I'm not sure of the purpose I'm pursuing with this message, but I had to talk about it and probably have to quit the game because it's suppose to be a game but I have no fun right now.

Comments

• Options
    KennyKenny Posts: 309
    Basically what I got out of this is your mad because you can’t beat Megatronus. My suggestion use rhinox, he is probably the best option out there, otherwise you can try to dodge everything and sneak in shots when he leaves himself open. Other than that he is pretty tough, it’s an endurance battle, his pattern is easy to figure out but you need to keep it up for 3 minutes or so before he dies.
  • Options
    It's only fair because a lot of people, when complaining about the absence of new content, were pouring scorn on the Master being "too easy".
  • Options
    Kenny wrote: »
    Basically what I got out of this is your mad because you can’t beat Megatronus. My suggestion use rhinox, he is probably the best option out there, otherwise you can try to dodge everything and sneak in shots when he leaves himself open. Other than that he is pretty tough, it’s an endurance battle, his pattern is easy to figure out but you need to keep it up for 3 minutes or so before he dies.

Beacause I can't beat Megatronus it's one of the reasons. And I've been able to beat WJ, Trantum and the others before. Not easily but enough to not have to sale my house and bought energon.
    I bought a t3c 2 days ago for 1200 energons, I cant pay 5000 to finish master level.
    I have 2 technician 4r5 full forged and I can't use it. I know Rhinox can do a good job, I have r5ed him for the job, without succes. But think about it I used a t3c, why? To gamble the fact that I could win a t3c. It was a dumb decision, I knew it, but I just want to figure out how Megatronus is ridicously hard for what we can win with that spotlight.
    So, I've opened 2 t3c (without the one I paid with energon) by months for the last 3 months and now I can open one. Great progression.
  • Options
    TheWolfTheWolf Posts: 35
    edited September 2018
    It's only fair because a lot of people, when complaining about the absence of new content, were pouring scorn on the Master being "too easy".

Maybe. But I'm playing for a top20 AM alliance. I'm the players who mades more points without using object in my team. I have a good reputation and certainly can handle some heat. I'm saying it without pretension because I have also had the chance to play with a top5 team and saw some pretty good players out there.
    But that's why I decide to post this message, I want to know if I was alone in this situation. The players you are referring to, are they happy? and how many are they? and how many players like me who have just taken a step back in the game, while the way (t3c, t4b, 5 *, t3a, act 4, etc.) is already too long.
  • Options
    TheWolf wrote: »

Maybe. But I'm playing for a top20 AM alliance. I'm the players who mades more points without using object in my team. I have a good reputation and certainly can handle some heat. I'm saying it without pretension because I have also had the chance to play with a top5 team and saw some pretty good players out there.
    But that's why I decide to post this message, I want to know if I was alone in this situation. The players you are referring to, are they happy? and how many are they? and how many players like me who have just taken a step back in the game, while the way (t3c, t4b, 5 *, t3a, act 4, etc.) is already too long.

I dunno. Maybe those people want us to all quit?
  • Options
    ÆnigmaÆnigma Posts: 296
    If you can't beat Master then either practice or move down a level. It's completely ridiculous that there's always someone complaining about something when it comes to the difficulty in this game.

It's either "too easy" or "too hard".

If kabam releases a spotlight that was too easy for everyone, then everyone blasts the forums saying "oh come on kabam, these missions were way too easy. It's a joke. We need harder content"

However if it's just a little too hard then kabam gets blasted for trying to make some challenging content.

I can understand frustration on not being able to pass a mission but to complain in this manner is nonsense.

If you can't beat it then get better or get better bots (or both). Don't come crying on the forums that it's too hard.

There's a lot of things that need fixing but this isn't one of them.
  • Options
    Ænigma wrote: »
    If you can't beat Master then either practice or move down a level. It's completely ridiculous that there's always someone complaining about something when it comes to the difficulty in this game.

It's either "too easy" or "too hard".

If kabam releases a spotlight that was too easy for everyone, then everyone blasts the forums saying "oh come on kabam, these missions were way too easy. It's a joke. We need harder content"

However if it's just a little too hard then kabam gets blasted for trying to make some challenging content.

I can understand frustration on not being able to pass a mission but to complain in this manner is nonsense.

If you can't beat it then get better or get better bots (or both). Don't come crying on the forums that it's too hard.

There's a lot of things that need fixing but this isn't one of them.

Like I said, I've finished master since 4 months. I doubt that by saying that they wanted more difficult content, the excellent players thought of a more difficult boss in the master level rather than an higher level, like level Legend.
    I can be wrong and you can insult me, but I want more than ever to stop playing and it kills me because this game has so much potential, but the steps forward are so long and I just took a step back without any good reason justifying it. I know I'm not alone.
  • Options
    Making a new difficulty is not the answer. It's already annoying to run 5 difficulties every month.
  • Options
    PS: I just fought Megatronus for the first time in Master mode and had no issues at all.
  • Options
    SaYnTSaYnT Posts: 87
    There's a break over point between free to play and pay to play players. The top alliances or pay to play players with rank 3+ 5* bots will find the spot light still fairly easy. Kabam has to crank up the difficulty and make it more challenging for those players or they'll loose interest. On the flip side, free to pay players just can't get the resources to upgrade those bots to those levels making the spotlights growing more challenging and difficult since they can't keep up with the challenge.
  • Options
    SaYnT wrote: »
    There's a break over point between free to play and pay to play players. The top alliances or pay to play players with rank 3+ 5* bots will find the spot light still fairly easy. Kabam has to crank up the difficulty and make it more challenging for those players or they'll loose interest. On the flip side, free to pay players just can't get the resources to upgrade those bots to those levels making the spotlights growing more challenging and difficult since they can't keep up with the challenge.

This is not entirely true. Not all the top players are pay to play. It's a bit annoying that everyone comes to that conclusion.
  • Options
    SaYnTSaYnT Posts: 87
    SaYnT wrote: »

This is not entirely true. Not all the top players are pay to play. It's a bit annoying that everyone comes to that conclusion.

You missed the part of "or being in a top alliance". You have to get the resources from somewhere to upgrade your bots. I would be quite amazed if someone with rank 3 4*s could finish mastery.
  • Options
    Megatronus is crazy difficult as a bot because of all them mods. If it helps to think about it: His special 1 has the same frames and design of a Kickback sp1 (sudden laser, a pause, and then an attack. Although Kickback's second attack is himself, not a rock), and his special 2 is similar to mirage's. It's just that the visual is different, but the design of the specials are the same. It also seems like if he's not busy attacking or directly defending (as in you're in his face) he will fire off his specials pretty quickly.
    I feel like he's so quick to pull out blocks and dodges, but I'm also like a mediocre player who can never explore master except for ch1 and ch2 so take that with a grain of salt. PS the wheeljack heal will give Megatronus a heal. That made me spend another round of revives and health packs to finish him off ugh.
  • Options
    I'm happy that some players have "no difficulty at all" beating Megatronus.
    But from my standpoint, they are either God or arrogant.

I'm playing the game form day one.
    I'm just an average guy in a top 30 alliance.
    I've been completing master with boosts and a few revives for months.
    I had to revive 3 times my team of 4r5ff only for the boss.
    For me, the bot and mod combination is definitely the hardest ever.

I'm not complaining. I just feel like there might have been something wrong in kabam's head when the set the difficulty for c3m2.
    True that other bosses are easier than usual.
    But setting up the difficulty so high for the last boss makes me feel like some others that 1/ it's not been tested. 2/ the goal is to force players to spend some more 3/ it's not consistent with kabam's alleged intention to give more rewards.
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    I'll say it again... Rhinox is the perfect matchup for Megatronus, and he will make it far easier.

Because of the way Megatronus gains power, Rhinox power lock/burn is a perfect counter to it.

Because Megatronus has substantial Crit rate, Rhinox shields not only mitigate tons of damage if you get hit, they also explode often vs Megatronus and deal a ton of damage to him.

Rhinox s1 is capable of nullifying a good chunk of Megatronus' buffs, making him much easier to deal with over the course of the battle.

Use Rhinox if you've got him
  • Options
    Manthro wrote: »
    I'll say it again... Rhinox is the perfect matchup for Megatronus, and he will make it far easier.

Because of the way Megatronus gains power, Rhinox power lock/burn is a perfect counter to it.

Because Megatronus has substantial Crit rate, Rhinox shields not only mitigate tons of damage if you get hit, they also explode often vs Megatronus and deal a ton of damage to him.

Rhinox s1 is capable of nullifying a good chunk of Megatronus' buffs, making him much easier to deal with over the course of the battle.

Use Rhinox if you've got him

Rhinox is a fantastic option. Haven’t got round to master yet, but sailed through expert megatronus using just shockwave. Not a single buff for him to replicate, and just spammed sp1 since I couldn’t block the basic ranged. Took him down eventually.

Maybe another option is mirage. Shield against those ranged sp1, use sp1 to power control and ninja your way to sp3 keeping his power down. Build a few attack buffs, sp1 for power control again, rinse and repeat. If your enough of a ninja, it’ll work. Controlling his power without buffing yourself is the key to victory here
  • Options
    There's absolutely no reason kabam needs to release content that everyone can easily beat.

No matter what happens you guys are going to keep complaining.
  • Options
    There's absolutely no reason kabam needs to release content that everyone can easily beat.

I understood your point, no need to come back to tell us the same **** again and again
  • Options

I understood your point, no need to come back to tell us the same **** again and again

They need to... Because People throw same old cryings again and again.
  • Options

They need to... Because People throw same old cryings again and again.

Nope, I understood the first time he told that.
    you can be condescending as long as you want with your "crying", the fact is that this game is going nowhere. you can both buy a life and scour other people you my little keyboard warrior
  • Options
    you know what I like about this forum is that no matter what the subject of complaining, there are always 2-3 clowns who say "no, everything is ok" with the result that nothing ever changes.
  • Options
    ZangZang Posts: 34
    you know what I like about this forum is that no matter what the subject of complaining, there are always 2-3 clowns who say "no, everything is ok" with the result that nothing ever changes.

So true

• Options
    SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    edited September 2018

This is because of several reasons.
    1, Some really don't bother grinding, they just enjoy playing game, doesn't take it seriously.
    2, Some are using devices, mostly low-end, which are have no lag, crash issues, bugs are least in these devices. So, they are likely to answer "What are you guys talking about? I haven't seen such issues yet"... Believe ME, I'm mostly one of these guys.
    My Galaxy S5 really do crash frequently ,but the one I use for this game never crashes unless I Have some 4-5 apps running in background.

And if 10 people say, problem exists... It won't stop Kabam from considering it or try to fix that even if 2-3 "clowns" say it doesn't exist.