Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Deals are getting worse everyday . . . Why doesn't Kabam like money and a happy community?

KingOrionPaxKingOrionPax Posts: 9
edited September 2018 in General Discussion
TFTF deals as designed today are diminishing in value and usefulness to our community and gameplay

After speaking with a few players who are actively looking to purchase deals to help rank bots, build bases or grow bot rosters, many have decided to withhold their monies. This is money that can be used to help developers come up with newer ideas that can improve and maintain the game while growing the community.

I am baffled Kabam actively ignores this revenue stream by a community waiting to be noticed?

Most players all agree that the deals are lacking a useful purpose and are exuberantly expensive to buy. I mean what would players do with a 4 star Ultra Magnus and 4 star mod for 200 energons. Seems like a waste and lost opportunity to connect and grow out community with gameplay. As far as we can tell most people don't buy them.

The amount of people that purchase these ridiculous designed and priced deals is nowhere comparable to the number of people who are looking to buy cheaper and more relevant resources for the game. Kabam maybe literally throwing away tens of thousands of dollars and I don't understand why. For example, lower prices and please reduce the amount of random t3c, sig, awakening programs in deals.

Provide players with choices of class resource that is more affordable and relevant to current gameplay. Reduce the price of the deals. Why release a deal that very few people will buy? Design and release deals that all members can purchase. If you rethink the deals that are put together, Kabam would make more money, and the community would grow exponentially.

We charge the advocates of the players, developers and sales team to revamp and rethink the deals they put together. Take the upcoming holidays to take control of your business model and begin to collect some of the revenue that is being thrown away to improve this community

Question: By the way which department is in charge of designing and putting together deals?

Comments

• UrAverageMalakaUrAverageMalaka Posts: 664
    edited September 2018
    “HI BILLY MAYS HERE! ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A DEAL THAT IS MOUTH WATERING BUT IS ENOUGH TO MAKE EVEN HASBRO BROKE, WELL GO STAIGHT TO THE TFTF ENERGON STORE WHERE YOU WILL WATCH YOU MONEY BURN!
  • But they would rather "bleed" a few people than put out a few deals solid reasonably priced deals for the thousands of players looking to continue to play the game. More money, more players happy. It's not rocket science. Whoever is in charge of making money and the business model can't be signing off on this.
  • Does anyone have suggestions of deals, bundles, prices, etc, for Kabam? Please give them examples and feedback. I went to business school and I studied hard. I just hate to see companies just throw away tons of money for no apparent reason.
  • It would better is deals are Energon deals, not real money deals.
  • Correction

* I mean what would players do with a 4 star Ultra Magnus and 4 star mod for 2000 energon. Seems like a waste and lost opportunity to connect and grow our community with gameplay. As far as we can tell most people don't buy them.
  • A good “deal” would be the one in the store currently but the price being dropped to about $60 or $80 (AUD)
  • CeltCelt Posts: 190
    edited September 2018
    By playing this game ( and sometimes also paying ) you are kinda accepting the fact that like 0.1% of the player's suggestions will be unnoticed, ESPECIALLY the one that concerns money. I mean, the suggestions that the players gives here in the forum are hardly taken in account, like one in a hundred, or even more, are sometimes integrated. And yet, it's always small features, that were probably already planned but at a later time, so no real interaction there.

You need to face it, this game doesn't give a *** about what the players thinks.
    Let me rephrase that : This game doesn't give a *** about what the NON-Whales thinks.

If they are still making this kind of deals, it's probably because whales are still buying it, and even the higher ones, like every bundle at 100$. It's a penny, essentially for them. They buy it anyway, they have the money, even if it's a " bad deal "
    So Kabam is just " surviving " essentially through theses players, so they'll hardly remove or even modify something that is kinda working. And again, now are talking about pure money balancing, we are not talking about AM timers or something else, that are not directly impacting revenue, but more indirectly.

The moment the money is involved, you can pray whatever you want, I swear to you, your tears will just fade in the ocean where all theses whales are swimming.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    the deals are alright but they’re so bloody expensive. go play mcoc if you want cruel deals.. that t5b one is a right flipping joke
  • There was a deal a few months back. One four star bot for 4.99 I thought that was a step in the right direction. Bring that back.
  • It’s all perspective. I thought the last 2 deals were dream deal! Can’t please everyone.
  • The new daily deals (especially the sunday one) give a good amount of resources for $5, if you're wanting cheap deals. For a while, I would have agreed with you, but with the 2x pick class t3c deal, the 5* fastpass 2/20 deals, and the new dailies, I think it's actually been pretty good lately.

Keep in mind, this game is not like Strike Force or other games, where they try to sell you every type of thing in the game 5x a day, you can pay to get somewhat ahead, but it's mostly the time and skill you put into it.
  • KennyKenny Posts: 309
    willdorf wrote: »
    The new daily deals (especially the sunday one) give a good amount of resources for $5, if you're wanting cheap deals. For a while, I would have agreed with you, but with the 2x pick class t3c deal, the 5* fastpass 2/20 deals, and the new dailies, I think it's actually been pretty good lately.

Keep in mind, this game is not like Strike Force or other games, where they try to sell you every type of thing in the game 5x a day, you can pay to get somewhat ahead, but it's mostly the time and skill you put into it.

I would tend to agree with this, most deals as of late aren’t really bad. The 2x t3c deal to pick your own seems a bit expensive, but it used to cost twice as much for only one spark. Since then t3c has come down a bit in value, hence the price drop.

One thing that kabam does really well is keep progression slow by not offering to many deals that give you that next level spark needed. If kabam keeps this slow progression, it fells like your actually gaining from the money spent. One good example would be your 4 star roster, if you spent any money ranking them up, your not out that money yet. This is because 4 stars are still relevant, even though 5 star bots are out.

I think this thread is really a campaign to “make progression faster” and I’m really not for boosting progression, partially because the content isn’t there. Also because it would turn away a lot of players.
  • One type of deal I haven't seen in a while is those daily card deals, like the 200 energon up front and 50 more per day for 14 days or whatever. Things like that. I really liked those deals.