Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Revenge of the King Ideal Lineup Updated

BotSanicBotSanic Posts: 9
edited October 2018 in General Discussion
So basically I'm in a good spot bot wise now. I have a bunch of 4* R5's and some of them are max forged. I've been playing around in RotK with G1 Megatron taking on Primal and using OG for Dinobot and Ramjet. I haven't done a serious attempt yet because I'm trying to figure out what the best lineup would be.

I have seen iNightSkies' lineup but that was way back when Kickback just came out. Since a bunch of bots have come out since the release of RotK I wonder what the ideal lineup would be at this moment. I have a couple of bots that I know for sure to bring and some I'm kind of iffy about. These are the bots I'm thinking of taking:

100% sure:
OG Prime - Healing Synergy and just high damage output
Ratchet - Healing Synergy

90-99% sure:
G1 Megatron - Primal murderer, buff steal

60%-70% sure:
Wheeljack - Good counter against Wasp and maybe even Blaster 'cause of force shield plus he can heal
Rhinox and or Mirage might be an alternative but I'm less sure about these two than I am about Wheeljack.

I don't know who to bring as the fifth. Windblade might be a good idea, but Jazz might also be because of the fact that Wheeljack will hand out random upgrades to every Autobot/Maximal.

So my lineup would be:

OG, Ratchet, G1 Megs, Wheeljack/Rhinox/Mirage, Windblade/Jazz

I'd be interested to see what everyone else's ideal lineup for RotK is. Or maybe even what lineup you've used if you've already beaten RotK.

Comments

• Jay32Jay32 Posts: 169
    You should bring a Scout for Blaster preferably WB,Jazz or Prowl otherwise your in trouble.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    power control is a must i would advise prowl or jazz, for wasp wj is alright but doesn’t do quite enough damage for the Jurassic Park mod
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Lots of pink cubes :D
  • CeltCelt Posts: 190
    Megatronus is the answer for everything
  • Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    av1bmbjzad50.jpeg
    That was my team for ROTK, Wheeljack will take down wasp from the first time however he is useless against any non demo bots.
    The synergy was amazing, Jazz is the best scout for long fights.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    I brought:

Generations Optimus
    Generations Megatron
    Generations Bee
    Shockwave
    Ratchet

way back when I did it in May or June.

The only change since then that I might make would be bringing Jazz instead of Bee because of his synergy with Optimus is just too good to pass up on a long fight (he doesn't have power lock though which you need to keep Blaster out of his insta-death sp2 that you can't sidestep or block). You'll have to rely on his confusion to continuously bait sp1's out of Blaster. Jazz also give Optimus a nice armor/attack bonus too.

Ratchet was also pretty useless except for the synergy he gives OG and Shockwave. I am very glad I brought Shockwave though, as he handled Waspinator easily, especially with his ability to block 3 ranges without taking damage and also the 100% shock charge duration that Ratchet gave him. It gave me lots of time to set up my counterattacks without having to worry about racing against the shock charge timer. Plus it was also very gratifying to use Shockwave's heal block to prevent Waspinator from regaining 150k+ HP. I'd seriously consider bringing Shockwave if you have him.

Opponent-wise, the only bot that I feel took me unawares was Windblade because of her debuff duration mod. If she hits you, you're pretty much dead as she just bleeds you dry from those long debuffs. She almost had me wishing I had gone for Beast Wars for my team to get the Purification synergy. But that's something to think about. However, if you don't rush the fight with her or don't underestimate her, you might do OK not bringing a bleed mitigating bot.

Anyway that's my two cents. You basically need to plan to have answers for Primal, Waspinator, Blaster, and maybe Rhinox's shock shields. Everyone else can be beat solely using OG. The next tier of bots are just the annoying ones like Kickback because his mod will never let you get to sp3 so you can't get permanent armor break from OG and therefore big bleeds and Windblade's debuff mod for the aforementioned reason.

Hope that helps.

• m00nshinem00nshine Posts: 189
    Does "waspinator lives" trigger more than once? If you get him down and it triggers and then you die, does the cycle start over?
    m00nshine wrote: »
    Does "waspinator lives" trigger more than once? If you get him down and it triggers and then you die, does the cycle start over?
    Yes, best strategy is to let him kill your bot when he down to 1% then take him down with a healthy bot.
    However if your bot is healthy then you don’t have to do it.
    Shockwave & Cheetah would prevent him from revive.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Mufc14 wrote: »

Doesn’t Waspinator still revive just not repair health (stays at 1 HP or something)? That is, if you get him down while Shockwave/Cheetor have repair block on him.
    Darm0k wrote: »

Doesn’t Waspinator still revive just not repair health (stays at 1 HP or something)? That is, if you get him down while Shockwave/Cheetor have repair block on him.
    I believe 1HP isn’t an issue.
  • m00nshinem00nshine Posts: 189
    Ouch. Feeling like that seals the deal on shockwave for me
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Darm0k wrote: »

I believe 1HP isn’t an issue.

Yeah, true. I guess I had just taken it in a literal sense.
  • Finally buclked down and got it done. Brought shockwave, wish I'd brought wheeljack instead, but with respect to Synth, I really don't have much experience with shockwave TBH. brought windblade and think that she's probably the best scout to bring along in terms of bleed/damage output, and her power failure works well on blaster if you get the timing right.
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    av1bmbjzad50.jpeg
    That was my team for ROTK, Wheeljack will take down wasp from the first time however he is useless against any non demo bots.
    The synergy was amazing, Jazz is the best scout for long fights.

Congrats buddy awesome bots 👍
    I’m so excited to hear that these are the ones that helped you win I own all those bots (: 👍
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    My Optimus isn't duped so i wont put megatron in the team just for primal because induped Og can do well against primal with little trouble
    Slayer wrote: »
    My Optimus isn't duped so i wont put megatron in the team just for primal because induped Og can do well against primal with little trouble
    Mega still better against primal and others like blaster because of his stilling buffs ability.
    I don’t like using him but he is one of the best for long fights.