Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Best Bots Against The Odds: Scout

NightgauntNightgaunt Posts: 178
edited October 2018 in General Discussion
Which Scout bot is the best to use when you're at a class disadvantage?

Best Bots Against The Odds: Scout 45 votes

Barricade
13%
Bumblebee254BlackRazakScarredArachnid333OptimalOptimus_MV1SwarmIntellectQqq6 6 votes
Bumblebee G1
0%
Cheetor
13%
ManthroAustin555555Nick_80JayBird01Tracked_SignalFirebot 6 votes
Jazz
11%
Joker69Faithz17GochaBRODrazyKitten 5 votes
Kickback
4%
YoncemusPrimePhatBoy123 2 votes
Prowl
31%
KillMasterCFulMetalGrimlokFlrsbwDrShotgunCharleshot25Black_ThoughtMr_WonderfulPeasUrAverageMalakaCeltFallingInStereoktomovSparkEaterDontknow9 14 votes
Sideswipe
0%
Windblade
26%
French_BakerAnnatarCanuck33HalloweendmKaiSparkShredderSKJogameVavatronComic_DimensionDeadMemeBoiVanjiesinatra 12 votes

Comments

• So I decided to put a series of polls out with a bit of a thought exercise. If you're caught in a situation where you have to use a bot from a certain class while at a disadvantage, which bot would you want to take with you?

I thought this might encourage some interesting discussion, and get people thinking not just about how bots perform in ideal situations, but what tricks they have up their sleeve when the odds are stacked against them.

I'll be doing one per day, following the class wheel. If anyone has any ideas, suggestions or improvements, let me know!
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Against BC, the only bot who stands a chance at survival is Cheetor using Beast Purification.

Outside of BC:

Short Fights: G1 Bumblebee, Prowl, WB, Cheetor

Long Fights: Jazz using OG synergy.

Scouts are all pretty awesome though and can pretty much handle all bots except BC.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited October 2018
    Cheetor
    Synthwave wrote: »
    Against BC, the only bot who stands a chance at survival is Cheetor using Beast Purification.

Outside of BC:

Short Fights: G1 Bumblebee, Prowl, WB, Cheetor

Long Fights: Jazz using OG synergy.

Scouts are all pretty awesome though and can pretty much handle all bots except BC.

This. Although, I'd go so far as to say Cheetor is the clear best choice in class disadvantage fights for two specific reasons:

Feral strike ability suppression
    Beast purification

There is no other scout that can recover from a mistake against a warrior like Cheetor can if he takes a bleed.
  • Cheetor
    My money’s on Cheetor too. Wicked synergies and that feral strike is crazy powerful
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    I'd like to think Barricade's range game would give him a fighting chance against Bonecrusher.
  • Prowl
    With bonecrusher being the obvious problem here, prowl would be my go to in a 1v1 situation. Maxing melee buffs and spamming sp2 playing patiently for as much charging with as little melee to interrupt as possible. Of course cheetor has the synergy but 1v1 smashing him as quickly as possible is what matters, especially with a Crit reliant scout.

Outside BC, I’d say any of them are fair game, but since he can’t be discounted, prowl gets my vote
  • Canuck33Canuck33 Posts: 244
    Windblade
    i voted WB for her ridiculous bleeds and high damage output. but props to barricade and cheetor here also, barricades backfire is fantastic and cheetor as mentioned above is one tough customer.
  • Barricade
    Bonecrusher can't make you bleed if you just spam Ranged Attacks. And even if, Bonecrusher manages to knock Barricade down, Barricade can go all Evadey, back away, and spam Ranged. Barricade is the perfect being.
  • Windblade
    I can regularly take WB against Bludgeon and Drift and easily smoke them. Hound and Hot Rod are easy to deal with too. Arcee is slightly annoying for me and not really a challenge unless she's on the EMI or Laser Defense mods, but I still like my odds. BC is the only challenge from a warrior when I use WB and my odds aren't that great but I'm good enough with WB that I can still be ok with a BC fight.

I agree with many others, about Cheetor, and especially Barricade too--its always nice seeing a warrior suicide themselves from stacks of Backfire! I prefer WB over other scouts just because I'm so comfortable with her, but Cheetor and Barricade are both solid choices. I'm starting to like Prowl, but when I play him, I never seem to get the damage out of his SP2 that the AI gets almost every time.
  • Prowl
    Prowl. With lag and the way AI loves to hold their specials, power control is everything and Prowl is KING when it comes to power control
  • Windblade
    Exclude BC, WindBlade can kick any warrior because She herself is "warrior-in-disguise", and Kabam made her Scout to fool Other bots.
    Seriously She's pure anti Scout.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Prowl
    Bonecrusher can't make you bleed if you just spam Ranged Attacks. And even if, Bonecrusher manages to knock Barricade down, Barricade can go all Evadey, back away, and spam Ranged. Barricade is the perfect being.

Unlike IH who applies dot upon ranged heavy, Barricade's heavy does normal damage, he will take like forever to dance around playing ranged game.

Unlike IH who applies dot upon ranged heavy, Barricade's heavy does normal damage, he will take like forever to dance around playing ranged game.

Don't forget about Backfire.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Basically, any scout should be good against any warrior except for Bonecrusher because of the bleed (I mean what other bot can you have a perfect and still get KO’ed?).

This thread should pretty much just be about what scout is good to use against BC.
  • Prowl
    Darm0k wrote: »
    Basically, any scout should be good against any warrior except for Bonecrusher because of the bleed (I mean what other bot can you have a perfect and still get KO’ed?).

This thread should pretty much just be about what scout is good to use against BC.

Maybe with the exception of evade based scouts, who might struggle against drift in the hands of a less experienced player, bonecrusher is the only problem here. That said he’s a pain for anyone who doesn’t bring a suitable brawler.

Discounting BC, prowl is the easy answer still. Windblade maybe a close second because of bleeds, but power control and melee buffs to counter the reduced attack from class disadvantage is good compensation.

What other bot can you have a perfect and still get KO'd? Cyclonus.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    edited October 2018
    Red_Eyes wrote: »

I think if you get caught in that dark energon field or whatever it’s called, it counts as a hit against you taking away the perfect. Just like Mixmaster’s concussion block. Plus I believe all the hits you get on Cyclonus will do more damage than you getting hit with that field.
    Red_Eyes wrote: »

I think if you get caught in that dark energon field or whatever it’s called, it counts as a hit against you taking away the perfect. Just like Mixmaster’s concussion block. Plus I believe all the hits you get on Cyclonus will do more damage than you getting hit with that field.

Perhaps you are right with the first part, I can't say for sure.

As for the second part, it depends on how strong the Cyclonus is.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    any bot on a HAM :p
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited October 2018
    Barricade
    Regularly beating 4800+PI Megatronus in Arenas with my 2400PI 4* r4 BARRICADE.
    LOVE YOU BARRY
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited October 2018
    Cheetor
    I think many responses are missing the focus of the question at hand... Best scout in class DISADVANTAGE matchups.
  • KaiKai Posts: 6
    Windblade
    WB FTW. Criticals stack which is deadlier especially when she is duped.