Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Current Spotlight format, Yay or Nay?

ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
edited October 2018 in General Discussion
An actual poll this time...

At first I really didn't like this format and thought it was overly difficult and a huge cash grab (I'm sure @Kabam Miike will tell you)

However, once I wrapped my head around how to defeat Megatronus' 2nd incarnation, I have come to favour this format much more from a QoL standpoint. It takes way less time invested overall, and it's nice.

I'd like to see it changed permanently to this.. how about you?

Current Spotlight format, Yay or Nay? 51 votes

Yes! MOAR me time!
58%
ManthroJKLCanuck33SynthwaveMallowmanhoolienweeHumpyhampsterCharleshot25SparkShredderJOUSTSuperiorSoundwavethat1guyYoncemusPrimeSkBirdmanDonApisVavatronSwampratsBlackRazakRed_Eyes1121893 30 votes
No! I hate my life anyway, might as well stare at my phone MOAR!
3%
FlrsbwNice_Prime_yay_for_friends 2 votes
Undecided! I hate commitment.
5%
HrockPyrusPrimeDeadMemeBoi 3 votes
Can I have a free t3A?
13%
Faithz17BeerguzzlerToughTracked_SignalPJTheKingHunter咩嘎MegatronKitten 7 votes
Space shuttle
5%
Joker69UrAverageMalakaVanjie 3 votes
All of the above, because reasons.
11%
KillMasterCBooster_BlueDovahKingPhatBoy123DarkMatrixRoger_Raccoon 6 votes
Tagged:

Comments

• SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Yes! MOAR me time!
    Yeah I liked this format; anything new and different for this game is good. I still think there needs to be some kind of Epilogue Gauntlet after each Spotlight though, as a way to give us a little more content and a little more closure to each Spotlight from a story point of view.

Now if they could just come up with an auto-complete for easy, medium, and hard so we don't have to even open it and fight any bots. Maybe if you've completed a certain number of Masters or Experts it could be a feature that could be unlocked.
  • Yes! MOAR me time!
    Not sure if you saw that one Synthwave, didn’t seem to get much traction
  • Synthwave wrote: »
    Yeah I liked this format; anything new and different for this game is good. I still think there needs to be some kind of Epilogue Gauntlet after each Spotlight though, as a way to give us a little more content and a little more closure to each Spotlight from a story point of view.

Now if they could just come up with an auto-complete for easy, medium, and hard so we don't have to even open it and fight any bots. Maybe if you've completed a certain number of Masters or Experts it could be a feature that could be unlocked.

An epilogue gauntlet would be good, there was no closure about ultra Magnus in this spotlight, just prime. Would be interesting from a story point of view because after megatronus happened it’s not like they just return to the daily business lol
  • PhatBoy123PhatBoy123 Posts: 1,015
    All of the above, because reasons.
    Pingas
  • ToughTough Posts: 237
    Can I have a free t3A?
    T3A or
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Yes! MOAR me time!

I'm too lazy to look for it, but I've suggested this at some point as well a few months back.
  • Yes! MOAR me time!
    Synthwave wrote: »

An epilogue gauntlet would be good, there was no closure about ultra Magnus in this spotlight, just prime. Would be interesting from a story point of view because after megatronus happened it’s not like they just return to the daily business lol

Ultra Magnus' body was found in a ditch, with his remnants being eaten by Sharkticons. The Autobots were disgusted at this site and drove the Sharkticons off (the Sharkticons were equally upset that they lost their dinner). They tried to recover him, but there were no Junkions to save him this time. The Autobots were upset that one of their greatest leaders died (and by the fact that they couldn't forge his parts). The Autobots knew they could just pull another Magnus from the Space Bridge, but the Kabam lordz made it so that the chances at pulling another high quality 5-Star Magnus were impossible. Magnus is forever gone, and his funeral will be held tomorrow.

This is his Tombstone:
    7ge8p6j5dmin.jpg

But who cares about Magnus; what about Galvatron? Starscream said that Galvatron went up against Megatronus and got his shiny behind kicked. Poor Galvy, he lost Cyclonus and Megatronus probably threw him to the other side of New Quintessa or something. But memes never die and Galvatron is hella meme worthy, so it's safe to say he's probably taking another Plasma Bath... unintentionally.
  • VanjieVanjie Posts: 82
    Space shuttle
    pmauozqvmw8k.jpeg
    He really needs to jettison some weight.
  • Hey y'all!

Thanks for the feedback on this one and sharing your thoughts. I'll be passing it along to the rest of the team to look over. :)
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Yes! MOAR me time!
    If the new format stays in play, I would also hope that at least some of the t3A in the reward structure remains as well.

Right now I feel as though it is a perfect amount for the difficulty it represents.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Yes! MOAR me time!
    Vanjie wrote: »
    pmauozqvmw8k.jpeg
    He really needs to jettison some weight.

I still function!!!
  • Joker69Joker69 Posts: 345
    Space shuttle
    #spaceshuttleftw
  • SkBirdmanSkBirdman Posts: 391
    Yes! MOAR me time!
    I love me a good boss fight, and this was seriously well done this month.
  • Undecided! I hate commitment.
    I'm only undecided because I fear what boss may come in the future, yea it's nice you complete act 3 final mission and your done and only left to complete the others over and over again to fully explore it but he took a few revives (That I had) and 2 50 energon t5 repair kits again not bad for expert spotlight mission's. NO way I dare to try master yet lol. But future bosses could be ways worse so this format could potentially even prevent completion achievement so I will withhold judgment for now I think
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    edited October 2018
    Yes! MOAR me time!
    Just a little increase in rewards, and it's amazing .
    This format gives real feel of spotlight bot being a boss, rather than, in-lane bot of hardest lanes being stronger than the boss itself.
    And what we will get is a new punching bag for practice every month. And most of times, it's easier to take out one strong guy than several relatively weaker bots.
    Like now, we have only Megatronus Now, we'll plan and take bot for Him only, no worries of mid-lane bots and class balanced team.
    +++ TIME EFFICIENCY!
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    Yes! MOAR me time!
    This format gave me motivation to 100% Expert mode for the first time ever. I had been loathe to challenge anything beyond Expert 2-1 in previous Spotlight Missions because my bots were not strong enough to face the tougher paths beyond no mods. This setup made me think and although I still had fits in Expert 3-1, I enjoyed playing this format knowing the final boss was all I had to focus on in the Final Mission. I can see making my top bots stronger to the point that, one day, I may challenge the Master Spotlight.