Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Raids, Raid defense and raid rewards, should there be change of the rewards?

ktomovktomov Posts: 216
edited October 2018 in General Discussion
So I was thinking, well I'm thinking about that since I've started playing the game. Now with the raid event, I thought it's the right moment to pick up that matter. The raid system is not planned well. Now after couple of months I can't close my eyes and simply don't see the flaw in the base defense earned chips.

So I'll give you my situation. Constantly between 1400-1500 points, getting around 15-17k raid chips, fighting bases with ~20k rating. Getting above 1500, I'm fighting bases that gives 15-17 raid chips, but are on 25k rating. That's fine, chips are chips and I'm happy with what I get. The problem is the Base defense earnings.

That's why the whole thread is. Why should I have strong base, if that drags me down? As I've explained above, I get if not the same, but pretty close the same amount of raid chips, even though I'm fighting stronger bases. Why should I try to be on high rating, when all I get from successful defense is 600 raid chips? That's the flaw. We are getting handicapped, by the rating. Higher rating -> higher base to fight. That lead me to put 800pi bots on base defense, just to lose every raid and keep my rating in between 1300-1500. BTW, that lead me to constantly losing fights on purpose. Doing raid, and not fighting at all, just quiting it, so I can keep my rating low.

Am I the only one that think that the raid defense rewards should be way better? I'm not saying to be like they're like you've raided but, some 10k chips will be good for it.

Why else I would get that energon offer for mods, when I don't want my base to be strong? As of now, the only thing that makes people have strong base is just when you tap on their name, to see the high bots pi.

In short: High base -> high possibility of win -> 600 raid chips -> you have higher index -> you fight stronger opponents = same rewards.

We need better rewards if our base defense is successful. That's it.

So this thread wont change anything, I know, but wanted to ask the fellows in here. Do you want better rewards for base defense?

Raids, Raid defense and raid rewards, should there be change of the rewards? 21 votes

Yes
95%
AnnatarDevastator71xJamesssDrShotgunJhn314Rshxanadu2112DovahKingBlack_ThoughtDarkMatrixBlackRazak1121893VoltronCeltKenner1980SoundwaveGOA125ktomovOptimalOptimus_MV1SwarmIntellectRuinousPowerVanjie 20 votes
Nah, all good
4%
Kitten 1 vote

Comments

• KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Nah, all good
    all good for me right now, of course would not complain if rewards got even better though ;)
  • ktomovktomov Posts: 216
    Yes
    Kitten wrote: »
    all good for me right now, of course would not complain if rewards got even better though ;)

You're happy with 600 raid chips rewarded for a successful base defense, leading to getting your rating higher.

Can you please explain why you find it good?*

* I'm not taking a dig, just genuinely interested of knowing why you would be happy of building strong base to be awarded with crumbs.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    ktomov wrote: »

You're happy with 600 raid chips rewarded for a successful base defense, leading to getting your rating higher.

Can you please explain why you find it good?*

* I'm not taking a dig, just genuinely interested of knowing why you would be happy of building strong base to be awarded with crumbs.

Pride of a job well done in defending my base is my reward
  • ktomovktomov Posts: 216
    Yes
    Manthro wrote: »

Good point and I agree with that. But do you get any benefits, besides the pride of your base being strong enough to withstand couple of attacks?

• BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Yes
    Manthro wrote: »

Good point and I agree with that. But do you get any benefits, besides the pride of your base being strong enough to withstand couple of attacks?

I HAVE NO PRIDE.
    Thanks to the janky 4* roulette, I've gotten NO NEW 4* IN 18 ATTEMPTS.
    Despite missing 15 4* Bots.
    Hence the cannon fodder on my cruddy base.
    Oh how i envy you geezers with SPARE 5* to put on guard duty!!!
  • KennyKenny Posts: 309
    It’s literally impossible to win on defense anyways. Once you hit a certain point there’s really no such thing as a “strong base”, because of this I don’t care about the defensive win rewards.

Also, you can run through any base within 4 minutes or so just heavy spamming and not even bothering to dodge. Lately I’ve stopped dancing around and have just pummeled the defender in the corner.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Yes
    I feel there needs to be a time limit to how often one can be raided. I'll grind all afternoon to get to a certain medal count, trying to reach a reward level then lose every last medal I've worked so hard for in the time that I sleep. You can NEVER catch up unless you soend on raid shields....then the minute your shield goes down you're raided.
    Yes I'd like some changes.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Yes
    Plus Q bases NEED TO GIVE MEDALS
  • Yes
    So I was thinking, well I'm thinking about that since I've started playing the game. Now with the raid event, I thought it's the right moment to pick up that matter. The raid system is not planned well. Now after couple of months I can't close my eyes and simply don't see the flaw in the base defense earned chips.

So I'll give you my situation. Constantly between 1400-1500 points, getting around 15-17k raid chips, fighting bases with ~20k rating. Getting above 1500, I'm fighting bases that gives 15-17 raid chips, but are on 25k rating. That's fine, chips are chips and I'm happy with what I get. The problem is the Base defense earnings.

That's why the whole thread is. Why should I have strong base, if that drags me down? As I've explained above, I get if not the same, but pretty close the same amount of raid chips, even though I'm fighting stronger bases. Why should I try to be on high rating, when all I get from successful defense is 600 raid chips? That's the flaw. We are getting handicapped, by the rating. Higher rating -> higher base to fight. That lead me to put 800pi bots on base defense, just to lose every raid and keep my rating in between 1300-1500. BTW, that lead me to constantly losing fights on purpose. Doing raid, and not fighting at all, just quiting it, so I can keep my rating low.

Am I the only one that think that the raid defense rewards should be way better? I'm not saying to be like they're like you've raided but, some 10k chips will be good for it.

Why else I would get that energon offer for mods, when I don't want my base to be strong? As of now, the only thing that makes people have strong base is just when you tap on their name, to see the high bots pi.

In short: High base -> high possibility of win -> 600 raid chips -> you have higher index -> you fight stronger opponents = same rewards.

We need better rewards if our base defense is successful. That's it.

So this thread wont change anything, I know, but wanted to ask the fellows in here. Do you want better rewards for base defense?

They should make the chip rewards greater than or equal to the total rating of bots you defeat in raids
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Nah, all good
    Rework wrote: »
    The entire raid matching system needs a COMPLETE overhaul. The current system has a fundamental flaw in that the Medals count used for matching does not have a direct relationship to base strength. Players can change their base strength to manipulate the system. I've faced bases of strength 7000 and 27000 back to back. At least in the early days, we had a choice of 3 bases to attack.

To make things worse, the chip reward levels are based on base strength and not on medal count. Raid matching and rewards should be based on the same metric.

And then you throw in that successful Defense yields almost nothing in the way of rewards.

Oh, and there's also the Revenge button that almost never works...

The whole system needs to be fixed.

it needs a ... rework
  • ReworkRework Posts: 122
    it needs a ... rework

I didn't want to be the one who said it! ;)