Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Arena point awards

WARNING: I AM NOT AN EXPERT ON THIS SUBJECT AND LIKELY HAVE MANY THINGS WRONG. IF I AM WRONG, CORRECT ME. YOU MIGHT ACTUALLY CHANGE MY MIND.
I think arena points should have a bit more complexity to them, but with a better point award system. Right now, if you use a five-star bot against one-star bots, you get the most points.
What I believe is that points should be awarded based on the opponent tier you beat and what tier you used. For example, people who defeat five-star bots with one-star bots (if you actually have done that, you're a f*cking god) get the most points. However, one-star vs one-star would award a normal amount of points. In short, tier difficulty for you awards more points.

I think this would better reward people who challenge themselves in the arenas. It feels pretty crummy to only be given eight thousand points for beating a five-star with a three-star.

Comments

• KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    The points are related to not only your bot but the opponent's (5* vs 5* grants more than 5* vs 1*), but yours weighs more.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    I always thought arena points should take into account balance health as well. For example if I kill a bot with perfect fight, I should get more points than if I killed a bot with 5% health left.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Kabam needs to release their formula of Arena points. It's hard to solve a system of linear equations based on empirical values because... we simply don't know what parameters are taken into account. I guess the candidates include: player/enemy bot rating, play/enemy bot rarity. I'm not sure about: level, rank, or advantage
  • Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    Faithz17 wrote: »
    I always thought arena points should take into account balance health as well. For example if I kill a bot with perfect fight, I should get more points than if I killed a bot with 5% health left.
    That’s would be very helpful for APK users because it took them 1 hit to kill the AI.

• Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Mufc14 wrote: »
    That’s would be very helpful for APK users because it took them 1 hit to kill the AI.

Yeah but using APK would get them banned anyway. I was more thinking of the effort of manually fighting vs autofighting. For me I autofight in the background when I do other stuff but there are some friends that really manually fight for their arena points. I think they deserve more points for their effort.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Faithz17 wrote: »
    Mufc14 wrote: »

Yeah but using APK would get them banned anyway. I was more thinking of the effort of manually fighting vs autofighting. For me I autofight in the background when I do other stuff but there are some friends that really manually fight for their arena points. I think they deserve more points for their effort.

But are they REALLY BANNED?
    Seems lots of moaning/conspiracy theories about them still going about their business.
    And that would mean no CHINA alliances or players, since F2F is only available via Google Play or iOS app store?
    Which isn't the case.
  • KennyKenny Posts: 309
    edited October 2018
    I completely agree that your remaining health points should award extra points. Maybe even with a perfect fight bonus or something like that. As it stands arenas is just mindless mashing of the right side of screen until the opponent dies up until double digit streaks.

Also I believe fights need to award more points or the milestones need to come down a notch, it’s not worth grinding hours a day for a few arena crystals and some other reward. Or even a milestone reward boost would be appreciated instead of less points needed.

As it stands the rewards aren’t worth the grind imo, so I don’t do arenas much. This would give a little more motivation to grind them.

Going to hold my comments about any possible cheating going on.
  • Some very interesting ideas in here that I'll pass along to the team.

That said, on the topic of cheating... If you believe you have information on some wrong-doings in the game, please do not hesitate to let us know! We want this to be a fair place for all!
  • Some very interesting ideas in here that I'll pass along to the team.

That said, on the topic of cheating... If you believe you have information on some wrong-doings in the game, please do not hesitate to let us know! We want this to be a fair place for all!

This is good to hear.

If I can make one suggestion though for the dev team, please fix the sandbagging opponents. Ok, it’s an easy win but the points go down if your using one of your top teams, meaning less points (I’ll get a SS later, not on just now) or a more difficult fight than necessary for a weaker team. My usual last team (mix, hound, whoever’s left I’m not fond of) has absolutely no chance at r2 4* against a pair of r3 5* because they’re paired with a 1*. I don’t know the algorithms or anything for deciding whose bots you fight, but I don’t sandbag, and would prefer if the AI didn’t either. Sometimes the matchups leave me with no option because they’re ALL sandbag teams.

By any means, if a player is sandbagging then the AI can sandbag away on its own accord, but something to check if the player is sandbagging before the AI decides to do it itself would be great.
  • Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    Some very interesting ideas in here that I'll pass along to the team.

We are doing that & getting one answer all the time (we are unable to share specifics surrounding the investigation or outcome)
    Translation: who cares?
    If someone break through my 30k base using 3* without getting any damage then you must share specifics surrounding the investigation or outcome because it’s my base not yours.
    WARNING: I AM NOT AN EXPERT ON THIS SUBJECT AND LIKELY HAVE MANY THINGS WRONG. IF I AM WRONG, CORRECT ME. YOU MIGHT ACTUALLY CHANGE MY MIND.
    I think arena points should have a bit more complexity to them, but with a better point award system. Right now, if you use a five-star bot against one-star bots, you get the most points.
    What I believe is that points should be awarded based on the opponent tier you beat and what tier you used. For example, people who defeat five-star bots with one-star bots (if you actually have done that, you're a f*cking god) get the most points. However, one-star vs one-star would award a normal amount of points. In short, tier difficulty for you awards more points.

I think this would better reward people who challenge themselves in the arenas. It feels pretty crummy to only be given eight thousand points for beating a five-star with a three-star.

Yes. Yes. YES.
    zftfnkbpsfy4.png
    Especially on higher winning streaks, points matter to those of us with a: tosh roster/no money/wife
  • BlackRazak wrote: »

Yes. Yes. YES.
    zftfnkbpsfy4.png
    Especially on higher winning streaks, points matter to those of us with a: tosh roster/no money/wife

And this is exactly what I mean. His first fight was a four-star against a one-star and it received more points than the fight which was likely harder which was his Brawler Shark against the enemy Drift, whose rating was three times higher than his shark. Meanwhile, the one-star Bonecrusher's rating was six times lower than the Demolition Shark. This is what I find confusing and also what makes the arena system a little broken
    BlackRazak wrote: »

Yes. Yes. YES.
    zftfnkbpsfy4.png

And this is exactly what I mean. His first fight was a four-star against a one-star and it received more points than the fight which was likely harder which was his Brawler Shark against the enemy Drift, whose rating was three times higher than his shark. Meanwhile, the one-star Bonecrusher's rating was six times lower than the Demolition Shark. This is what I find confusing and also what makes the arena system a little broken

When your 3* R3 Wheeljack manages to beat a 4* R5 Megatronus... And you celebrate like a tool.. Then find out you get the princely sum of <9000 points.
  • AnienAnien Posts: 23

Playing the arena can train the technique. It is a very good way. It just takes too much time to complete. Is there a better way to do it?
  • Anien wrote: »

Playing the arena can train the technique. It is a very good way. It just takes too much time to complete. Is there a better way to do it?

Nope. Kabam keeps turning the Arenas into a grind session.