Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Developers thoughts!

For those of you that are not aware, on 12-13 October @Kabam Miike adressed the MCOC community. The tittle was “developers thoughts:improving alliance wars”. I found this both interesting and alarming. In the post he talks about looking at the future of the game and actually shared the vision going forward. Listed pillar goals and details, what I interpreted as the future going forward. I think it gave the MCOC community very important information. He even went on to address unfair play.

Now, that MCOC community got some love it’s time for the TF to get some of that same love! TF is the superior game, by a lot. Marvel gets more shine, but if we are talking what’s the better game it’s TF hands down. I want to highlight some things and I am here to bring negativity, I just want this game to get the credit it deserves.

1. Comic con. You missed a huge opportunity to bring this game to the world. Now I don’t the behind the scenes part it would take to get a booth set up, but at the minimum you could of had some kind of promotion. Let’s get a boss challenge going or something. I bet a lot of folks would gravitate to this game if there were more exposure.

2. Bot balance. It’s great that you don’t rush and put out two bots a month, but if that’s the case it’s your duty to make sure the current bots are passing the test of time. It should not take you eight months to make a change to pirmals and hound sidestep. That’s just one example. I get it there are coding issues that you have to work on, but come on man.

3. Arena/forging. It’s a nice idea, but I noticed a few things it’s good and bad. Forging bot cost a lot, not only resource but your arena points suffer. For instance, if I’m looking to forge my 5* bot it’s going to take 95% of my 4* roster. Cooldown timer for 5* are unrealistic. Now I cannot beven reach the final milestone.

4. Spotlight. This has been the best and most challenging spotlight to date. Nothing but great things to say. Storyline was great too!

5. Raids. Seems like a fail. I am not sure if you need to creat a whole new event, I think you just need improve raids. Other then raid week, why raid? Every now and then there are good items in raid store but even the. I don’t want to raid, it’s not challenging at all. Release all the mods already. Why put resources into base defense if I am just going to lose all my medals. I do 5 raids and get like 60 medals lose one raid and lose 50, say what. There are plenary of ideas the the community put on the. Let’s do some kind of event for raids.

6. Unfair play. So you failed on this one. Biggest issue, you let alliances who had players banned get OG Prime? I don’t care if they contbuited points or not. People are still cheating in raids. I mean come on already.

7. Deals no issue you guys need make money I get it. Occasionally make a good offer please.

What do you need form us, the players? More youtubers? Let us know please, we love the game and want to continue this journey for a long time. But, I’ve got to be honest it’s not looking good man. Good ole mike had a Lincoln reference, Lincoln never told a lie, but that was a lie.

As a player who has spent A LOT, I need some actual feedback like MCOC got. Tell us the plans like you did for them. Now, you said there was going to be an acceleration of plans but no timetable was associated with it. Why keep secrets, just tell us when we can expect stuff. If I know to save money for a deal that’s coming in Christmas i will do that. But if I don’t know what’s coming in not spending a dime anymore. I am not always in a financial position to give money out of the blue.

This post isn’t here to be negative, I just want to encapsulate my feelings in one post. Again. This is by far my favorite game mobile or console. I would love to keep playing and paying, please give me a reason to.
Tagged:

Comments

• WHERE'S HOUNDS BUFF KABAM?
  • This game has more opportunities and more potential to be greater than MCOC. I just think there isn't as much commitment to this game since "Marvel is Marvel, of course they're gonna get the big bucks". But if this game had more passion in it, more dedication to this game, then this game could be the greatest mobile game in the world. And I'm not just talking about Kabam''s dedication, I'm talking to the whole TFTF community. We can all work together as a unity to make sure this game can survive; don't be afraid to post issues or ideas, but don't be too harsh on the game since that can create unwanted problems. Instead we should work together to create the Perfect Game, whether through making the game or giving constructive feedback/suggestions, or just having plain old fun. Because that's why we bought the toys or watched the shows of Transformers; to have fun.
  • PhatBoy123PhatBoy123 Posts: 1,015
    edited October 2018
    This game has more opportunities and more potential to be greater than MCOC. I just think there isn't as much commitment to this game since "Marvel is Marvel, of course they're gonna get the big bucks". But if this game had more passion in it, more dedication to this game, then this game could be the greatest mobile game in the world. And I'm not just talking about Kabam''s dedication, I'm talking to the whole TFTF community. We can all work together as a unity to make sure this game can survive; don't be afraid to post issues or ideas, but don't be too harsh on the game since that can create unwanted problems. Instead we should work together to create the Perfect Game, whether through making the game or giving constructive feedback/suggestions, or just having plain old fun. Because that's why we bought the toys or watched the shows of Transformers; to have fun.

I have 1 issue, the rng, I'll open a premium and see 7 4*s in a row, land on one, and it'll move onto a 2* next to it. the rng sucks, mcoc loves me, level 13 and already have two 4*s... from premiums, in tftf, all of my 4*s are from shard crystals, if that doesn't scream broken rng I don't know what does.
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited October 2018
    PhatBoy123 wrote: »
    This game has more opportunities and more potential to be greater than MCOC. I just think there isn't as much commitment to this game since "Marvel is Marvel, of course they're gonna get the big bucks". But if this game had more passion in it, more dedication to this game, then this game could be the greatest mobile game in the world. And I'm not just talking about Kabam''s dedication, I'm talking to the whole TFTF community. We can all work together as a unity to make sure this game can survive; don't be afraid to post issues or ideas, but don't be too harsh on the game since that can create unwanted problems. Instead we should work together to create the Perfect Game, whether through making the game or giving constructive feedback/suggestions, or just having plain old fun. Because that's why we bought the toys or watched the shows of Transformers; to have fun.

I have 1 issue, the rng, I'll open a premium and see 7 4*s in a row, land on one, and it'll move onto a 2* next to it. the rng sucks, mcoc loves me, level 13 and already have two 4*s... from premiums, in tftf, all of my 4*s are from shard crystals, if that doesn't scream broken rng I don't know what does.

For me it was the Opposite. At level 8 in this game I got a 4-Star Bonecrusher (Premium Crystal) and a 4-Star Mixmaster (Tier-3 Knight Crystal that I don't remember how I acquired). I MCOC, I got a 4-Star Captain America when I was at level 14.
  • Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    Let me assure you@black_thought that you put more effort in this post than the entire Kabam team in a year.
    Good stuff man.
  • Black_ThoughtBlack_Thought Posts: 392
    edited October 2018
    Oh boy no comment aye?
  • ms-0KyK94.gif
    4087whroian9.gif
    That’s what response we got
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Synthwave wrote: »
    Give'em a little more time; they're a little busy trying to figure out how to extinguish the raging dumpster fire they started in the raid chips thread.

Are they really trying to figure it out? Do you have this mixed up with the for game-that-must-not-be-named.
    Synthwave wrote: »
    The sad thing is they know how to extinguish the fire, they're just being too stiff-necked about it to restore the raid chip amount to what the players thought it would be for this month.

Yeah, they'll come back and say, "we heard the voice of the people and want to make it right so for the rest the raid event, it'll be equal to last month's rewards." And this will be next week Wednesday evening.
  • Hey OP,

Please remember, these forums are about Transformers: Forged to Fight, and not to discuss other games, even if they are also created by Kabam. It's also important to remember that these are 2 very different games, and just because something happens for one, doesn't mean that we'll be doing them for both. At this time, we have no plans to create any of these Developers Thoughts posts for Transformers. When we have more to talk about in the future, we may do one.

As for some of your points: Our presence at Comic-Con was not a "Kabam Presence", it was specifically for Marvel: Contest of Champions. We have attended events to show off Forged to Fight in the past (the game premiered at PAX East), and decisions on conventions to attend are based on if a certain convention/event makes sense for each game. We didn't feel our opportunities at NYCC suited TFTF, so we didn't have a presence there, but had a lot of opportunities to work with our partners from MCOC, so chose to showcase that game there.

Bot Balance is not the same as fixing a bug. Bugs can never have a guaranteed timeline because there are many different factors involved in every bug that differentiates them. One can take much longer to investigate/determine the issue than another, and then the fix could take differing amounts of time as well.

As for Arena/Forging, this is a tricky one, because all of the choice to do this is going to fall on each individual Commander. Do you see value in Forging your bots right now? Or should you wait? Yes, Forging gives you an advantage in strength, but it does cost your Arena points... The choice is going to be yours!

We're happy to hear you enjoyed the current spotlight! It's pretty different to anything we've done in game before, but I also really liked it!

Raiding: I'm going to be blunt... If you don't like Raiding, don't do it. Where you spend your time in game is up to you. We've put a lot of different ways to progress into this game. That means you have a lot of choices on what you can do, and what you focus on. We can't tell you what to do, and when. That is up to you.

We try our damn best to make sure that we catch anybody that cheats, but we don't have nearly as many eyes as all of our players! If you come across anything that doesn't look right, tell us! We can investigate from there.

As for deals, we get that not every deal is going to be ideal for everybody. But that doesn't mean that any deal is not for anyone. Different players need different things at different times, and different players will value different items differently. We've gotten a lot of feedback on our offers as of late, and will take it into consideration for the future.

Now, I'm going to close this thread down, as I have covered all of the topics as much as we are going to, and won't have any more to add. I hope this cleared up some of your concerns though!
This discussion has been closed.