Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Bug with Tantrum Purify on Harm Accelerator

Hi, I think I have discovered a bug.

When using Tantrum on an enemy with a Harm Accelerator mod, his signature frenzy purifies the bleed. BUT under some circumstances the mod's bleed switches back on. I can confirm it isn't just the enemy bot causing an additional stack of bleed, it seems the harm accelerator switches back on and another 60 seconds of bleed appear.
I have encountered this quite a few times recently now. I haven't been able to analyse it for a full pattern yet, but it seems to occur when Tantrum reaches 10 Melee buffs, then the bleed mod switches back on.
Please can this be investigated and fixed if bugged?
Many thanks
Rez

@Kabam Tenebrous

Comments

• ktomovktomov Posts: 216
    edited October 2018
    That's not a bug. Shocks, bleeds, nullifies, and so on cause harm accelerator to come back after Tantrum's period of protection is gone.
  • Rezident_WeevilRezident_Weevil Posts: 77
    edited October 2018
    What 'period of protection'? It's a plain purify wipe just like Grimlock has.
    Why would just taking a status effect cause the harm accelerator mod to reactivate? It's supposed to be bleed for 60 seconds or until purified. Why should Tantrum keep getting a new 60 second bleed timer after he has already purified it (or the timer ran out)?
    Sound like a bug to me IMO :/
    vcyli31fm9i5.png

6 seconds
  • Sorry, I know the 'period of protection' you mean. But all that does is prevent new debuffs while Tantrum is frenzied. That shouldn't cause the harm accelerator to reapply a new 60 seconds of bleed just because you took a stack of status effect.
    Harm Accelerator is a damage debuf mod and as such as soon you get out of that 6 seconds period and you get hit with shock/bleed/acid, it turns back up. This is how it's meant to be. Otherwise Tantrum will be simply the bot of them all.

As of now it's well balanced, dunno what you're complaining for. Permament debuffs? That's not gonna happen and it shouldn't happen.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited October 2018
    ktomov wrote: »
    vcyli31fm9i5.png

6 seconds

No. He purifies all existing buffs first.

Then, he is immune to receiving any damaging debuffs for 6 seconds. It doesn't just prevent damage, it removes existing ones and makes him immune to receiving more for the duration of the sig. @Rezident_Weevil is correct. If the HA mod is turning back on without getting hit by a special attack, it is definitely a bug.

I don't play with Tantrum enough to confirm this bug, but @Rezident_Weevil is interpreting the Sig ability correctly.
    edited October 2018
    HA is turning back on when you're hit with special or with ranged causing bleed/shock/nullify so all is good. He's immune to anything until the frenzy expires That 6 seconds. I'm using Tantrum in every raid I do and for the first time I can say that the players is expecting a bit too much.
  • ktomov wrote: »
    HA is turning back on when you're hit with special or with ranged causing bleed/shock/nullify so all is good. He's immune to anything until the frenzy expires That 6 seconds. I'm using Tantrum in every raid I do and for the first time I can say that the players is expecting a bit too much.

No, I said the HA is turning back on for a new 60 second countdown when I reach the 10 melee buff cap. The purify is working fine, the 6 second immunity is working fine, and I understand that I can get fresh debuffs from the enemy bot attacks after the immunity period.
    You seem to be misunderstanding me - I'm talking about the HA mod's 60 second bleed reactivating when you reach 10 melee buffs.
  • As far as I am aware the HA mod's 60 second bleed doesn't reactivate for anyone else after it has been purified (such as by Grimlock).
  • DonApisDonApis Posts: 544
    Look like a bug for me
    edited October 2018
    You guys can't seem to understand that his is how Tantrum works and that's part of his abilities. Let's just follow the Intel report.
    Every 3 Melee Bonus Buffs

When Tantrum gains 3 Melee Bonus Buffs he gains Frenzy, granting +10~70% Critical Chance and a 20% chance to be Unblockable for 6 seconds. Additionally, when Tantrum becomes Frenzied, he Purifies all Damaging Debuffs and cannot be inflicted with further Damaging Debuffs for the duration of Frenzy.

So you get Frenzy on 3, 6 and 9 Melee buff. When you get at that point the bot gets its Frenzy and purifies all damaging debuffs - shock, acid, bleed (including the HA bleeds).

But if you're hit with shock/acid/bleed/special after that 6 seconds when after the frenzy, you get back to when you started - all damaging debuffs back on, including HA. Just try it on shock block path in spotlight and you'll understand how that works.

If he counter the HA for the whole fight or after getting to 10th melee buff, his whole 6 second frenzy/purify will be completely unnecessary ability, just write - he purifies all damaging debuffs and that's all.

Further when you get to 10 melee buffs you have two options. If you have power for SP3, use it.
    Special 3 – Bull Rush

Unyielding, unblockable, and completely unstoppable.

Tantrum gains 3 Attack Buffs and goes Unstoppable for 7.5~9.5 seconds.

Which means you get 3 more attack buffs. 10 + 3 =13, you get frenzy at 12 and purify all the damaging debuffs.

The other option is to step back to clear all melee charges and start again to 3/6/9/12.

For me everything seems like that's how it's meant to be and everything of that, including the renewal of HA effect is how it's planned.
    edited October 2018
    You guys can't seem to understand that his is how Tantrum works and that's part of his abilities. Let's just follow the Intel report.
    Every 3 Melee Bonus Buffs

When Tantrum gains 3 Melee Bonus Buffs he gains Frenzy, granting +10~70% Critical Chance and a 20% chance to be Unblockable for 6 seconds. Additionally, when Tantrum becomes Frenzied, he Purifies all Damaging Debuffs and cannot be inflicted with further Damaging Debuffs for the duration of Frenzy.

So you get Frenzy on 3, 6 and 9 Melee buff. When you get at that point the bot gets its Frenzy and purifies all damaging debuffs - shock, acid, bleed (including the HA bleeds).

But if you're hit with shock/acid/bleed/special after that 6 seconds when after the frenzy, you get back to when you started - all damaging debuffs back on, including HA. Just try it on shock block path in spotlight and you'll understand how that works.

If he counter the HA for the whole fight or after getting to 10th melee buff, his whole 6 second frenzy/purify will be completely unnecessary ability, just write - he purifies all damaging debuffs and that's all.

Further when you get to 10 melee buffs you have two options. If you have power for SP3, use it.
    Special 3 – Bull Rush

Unyielding, unblockable, and completely unstoppable.

Tantrum gains 3 Attack Buffs and goes Unstoppable for 7.5~9.5 seconds.

Which means you get 3 more attack buffs. 10 + 3 =13, you get frenzy at 12 and purify all the damaging debuffs.

The other option is to step back to clear all melee charges and start again to 3/6/9/12.

For me everything seems like that's how it's meant to be and everything of that, including the renewal of HA effect is how it's planned.

I love it when people spread misinformation. All it does is confuse the players that don't know any better.

You are either trying really hard to troll everyone, or simply talking about stuff you don't fully understand, just like @SparkShredder. Have you used Tantrum on an HA mod? Have you ever used him at all?

If you did, you would know that HA turning back on without getting hit by a special isn't supposed to happen after it gets purified.

Purification is specific in this game. It removes an effect permanently until such conditions are met that it is applied again.

Tantrum does not purify for 6 seconds, he simply purifies every 3 attack buff stacks, just like exofilter purifies every 3 debuffs. He is also immune to any damaging debuffs being applied for those 6 seconds he is unstoppable.

You are confusing the two effects, they are not the same even though they happen simultaneously.
  • DonApisDonApis Posts: 544
    edited October 2018
    @ktomov you seem not understand what @Rezident_Weevil had explained.
    Just did couple of raids and even though I rarely get to the phase of 10 charges, I've tried and blocked till I had them, against MV1, Primal and Bludgeon. All the 3 times I've reached 10 melee buffs this DID NOT triggered HA bleed. What triggered them is the special the enemy put and that's how HA work!

Now, @Manthro, stop acting like Mr Know it all, because you've said "I don't play with Tantrum enough to confirm this bug, but @Rezident_Weevil is interpreting the Sig ability correctly." I do. My raid squad consist of Galvatron, Shockwave and Tantrum ever since I got Tantrum. Probably I I've never landed on HA to get 2000 medals or haven't used Tantrum at all, ranked him to 5 just for the lolz? My advice to you is to stop trying to shove your - you're a newbie and don't understand the things, I'm playing longer thus I'm right, everywhere. Sometimes you can be wrong too ;)

8992qt94m5ty.png

As you've said I've never used? Or I don't know how the HA works. Here's what its ability is

2qnn4pvkutn3.png

Add an additional stack of Bleed.

Here's the funny part and why you all are confusing it with Grimlock's ability. That's an additional stack on special. So you've purified the first HA bleed effect, but when you take a special it starts again, because it's additional.

The reason why Grimlock don't get another stack when special hit is because of his Sig ability - he shrugs off any Damage Debuffs, which what HA bleed is.

dlqflwyxqq50.png

• VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    edited October 2018
    @ktomov you're are correct in that a new attack will give you a new DOT but that is not the issue.

Weevill, he's talking about the DOT reappearing after Tantrum purfies the DOT and not taking an attack of any kind that would give an NEW DOT.

Voltron wrote: »
    @ktomov you're are correct in that a new attack will give you a new DOT but that is not the issue.

Weevill, he's talking about the DOT reappearing after Tantrum purfies the DOT and not taking an attack of any kind that would give an NEW DOT.

Never had such an issue. Since I got Tantrum 3 months ago, I'm using it constantly to counter HA and I was never under HA bleed without taking a hit-special. And I may say I've done quite a lot raids in this event alone, so it's not something that wasn't issue weeks ago and simply appear right now.
    Just did couple of raids and even though I rarely get to the phase of 10 charges, I've tried and blocked till I had them, against MV1, Primal and Bludgeon. All the 3 times I've reached 10 melee buffs this DID NOT triggered HA bleed. What triggered them is the special the enemy put and that's how HA work!

Now, @Manthro, stop acting like Mr Know it all, because you've said "I don't play with Tantrum enough to confirm this bug, but @Rezident_Weevil is interpreting the Sig ability correctly." I do. My raid squad consist of Galvatron, Shockwave and Tantrum ever since I got Tantrum. Probably I I've never landed on HA to get 2000 medals or haven't used Tantrum at all, ranked him to 5 just for the lolz? My advice to you is to stop trying to shove your - you're a newbie and don't understand the things, I'm playing longer thus I'm right, everywhere. Sometimes you can be wrong too ;)

8992qt94m5ty.png

As you've said I've never used? Or I don't know how the HA works. Here's what its ability is

2qnn4pvkutn3.png

Add an additional stack of Bleed.

Here's the funny part and why you all are confusing it with Grimlock's ability. That's an additional stack on special. So you've purified the first HA bleed effect, but when you take a special it starts again, because it's additional.

The reason why Grimlock don't get another stack when special hit is because of his Sig ability - he shrugs off any Damage Debuffs, which what HA bleed is.

dlqflwyxqq50.png

Now you're just saying the exact same thing I was saying. You didn't even read my post, lol. We all know you get another stack of bleed when you get hit by a special attack.

That was never the bug reported by @Rezident_Weevil

Pay attention, man. We are talking about the same thing.

I just can't confirm the actual bug the OP is referring to, which is an automatic renewal of HA bleed stack without recieving an unblocked special attack.