Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Tips 'n' Assistance

BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
edited October 2018 in General Discussion
Hey guys,
I've seen loads of newbies rage-quit out of sheer hopelessness and frustration.

So let's HELP with some pro tips, simple assists and how-to's. NO CHEATS or illegal stuff.

Remember, sharing is...
Ah heck, sharing makes you a decent person!

Comments

• What kind of help are they looking for? I will offer any advice I can.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    What kind of help are they looking for? I will offer any advice I can.

And that's the spirit!
    This forum surprising has no BASIC GUIDES.
    Thanks in advance @Black_Thought , I hope this is a sticky thread to help the noobs or for pros to share Intel.
  • first thing is first, get use to each bots specials and playstyle. Being a ninja can make up for a lot, especially early in the game.

Need resources? Raid store provides a lot on a daily basis, for new players in particular.

Get after some arena. Now you don’t need to play them all, just one like t4b t3c and t2 ones. That will help you rank up your bots.

Pick a team and stick with it. So if you forge it will cost a lot of resources. It could take months to rebuild so make sure you pick a bot that YOU play well with.

Remember that things take time, I remember when I was unable to do the hardest Spotlight. I was frustrated, but I built my roster and it made it easier.

Can’t think of too much, but it’s a start.
  • lightningbaronlightningbaron Posts: 595
    edited October 2018
    I am a newbie myself, maybe about a month.

I used to play Street Fighter using Guile, Ryu, Vega, or Bison. Each have their style; as each bot and class have in this game.

You are not going to win all the battles. I have learned from playing others in arena. When I first played, I stuck with daily missions and acts. Eventually moved to arenas. Over time, you keep grinding away to earn energon or ores to update your bots. It's only going to get harder. I recently joined an alliance that I like. I am not the strongest player nor do I have the strongest roster. It won't happen overnight. Who is to say a one star bot cannot defeat a three or four star bot. You have to challenge yourself to different difficulties whether it's with daily missions or in the arena. Stick with a 3-5 bots as your goto bots, but this is not to say ignore the rest of the roster. The RNG has a tendency of throwing tacticians at me, most recently scouts. Even the bots in the bottom need to be upgraded to win each round.

You will not always get the bot you want. Duplicates may be annoying, but it does enable signature of the bot. I did not get a 4 stars bot until near the end of the Cyclonus campaign. It was followed by Optimus Prime, Megatron, and Hound. The other I got Hot Rod. Don't give up. I still don't care for a 4 stars Megatronus (nice to have) but got a 3 stars on the first crystal using energon. You want to get to 21-30% or 31-40%, you try to earn 160,000 points in the daily arena. It would be nice to keep a 3x multiplier. I usually drop 2 of 3 rounds after 7-10 opponents to reset the difficulty level of opponents and reset the multiplier.

To forge or not to forge is something I have been on the fence.
    I am a newbie myself, maybe about a month.

To forge or not to forge is something I have been on the fence.

FORGE!
    But only if you have over 12x 4* plus >30x 3*.
    Handy for the EXCREMENT EXCITEMENT that is ARENAs.
    Patience isn't only KEY, but is the key to your SANITY!

GRIND like a randy teen boy on questionable substances!
  • McBusketMcBusket Posts: 174
    Okay, so I may be way off mark here so take what I say with a grain of salt newbies!
    ill break it down in numeric order to simplify. If I had to do it all over again.

1. check out the Youtuber iNightSkies https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCML03UG7b0nZZQMzs6Sb4Ww He goes over a lot in his videos on how to play and what certain things and aspects or the game that you need and should know.

2. In the very begging of playing CONSERVE GOLD.. You will cherish it and need it to rank up you're hopeful upcoming 3* bots. If you were to use your Gold and Ore pick 3 bots at this level you will only be about a 2* fyi that work very well for one another. look at synergies who gives who what kind of boost. and rank those 2* up to finally get you into completing Easy on Story maps and then Easy on the Special maps to start getting you into more bot chips..

3. In the very beginning something i did not know right away. SAVE ALL BOT CRYSTALS ANY BOT CRYSTALS till the beginning of a new month or when A new bot is realized in the raid store. When you open those crystals and if they duplicate you will earn your self what everyone calls (Bot Chips) this will help you obtain your first 3* or 4* a heck of a lot quicker.

4. WELCOME TO THE GRIND! if you're able to participate in Arenas start learning to enjoy grinding out the arenas during the (BOT CHIPS EVENTS) as far as you can go hopefully up to 3x multiplier (for points) Rinse and repeat.. when you're first starting off the sooner you get a rooster of 3 stars the better off you are. just to save you money (Kabam your eyes for this part) don't send money on energy to buy crystals just GRIND GRIND GRIND! you will get daily crystals save them ALL till the beginning of the month but don't forget to click on CLAIM but don't open them...

5. Try joining an Active alliance.. This was my number 1 fault I stayed with a crappy alliance for WAY to long and didn't get any of the rewards because nobody did anything! Find one that is some what open to newbies but willing to open up alliance missions for you to join in on Easy just to start making more and more Freebee stuff. bot crystals, ore, gold, sparks which you will need.

6. Horde and build up your energon in the beginning even do the crappy ads at 5 Energy per watch. if you watch the 3 short AD videos that is 450 energon cubes for 30 days of play. DONT BLOW IT ON Premium Bot Crystals save them for when Kabam actually runs a good deal such as gold ( which fyi its been about 1200-1500 energon for 500,000 gold! think of all the bots you can rank up with this.

7. Be apart of the community spread the word on how great a game like this is, and every now and then give Kabam a swift kick in the butt to get their butts in gear! on New material!

Just joking kabam don't ban the post!
  • McBusketMcBusket Posts: 174
    8. Sorry forgot a big One in the beginning do as many of the away mission as possible!!! It gives you nothing but freebies!

9. Work, grind, to try to get up to leave 40 I believe your daily crystals will no longer give you worthless 1star bots

If anyone would like to add or modify or heck even correct me please do so! I’ve actually been contemplating starting from level 1 again just so I can see if I can do it better and faster this time around !
  • This is a great idea for a thread, I'm going to have to keep an eye on it for tips myself!
  • PhatBoy123PhatBoy123 Posts: 1,015
    Here's a tip: If someone in a raids top defender is a 5 star megatronus with RR, change opponents, you're screwed
    Hi, does anyone know the Spotlight Bot price increase factors in the store?
    i.e.
    3 star - 10k, 15k, etc
    4 star - 100k, 140k, etc
    5 star - 1.5m, etc?

A full list from 1st to 21st purchase would be AWESOME, and help those GRINDING arenas.
  • DonApisDonApis Posts: 544
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    i.e.
    3 star - 10k, 15k, etc
    4 star - 100k, 140k, etc
    5 star - 1.5m, etc?

A full list from 1st to 21st purchase would be AWESOME, and help those GRINDING arenas.

You can check this out at the featured store
  • BlackRazak wrote: »
    i.e.
    3 star - 10k, 15k, etc
    4 star - 100k, 140k, etc
    5 star - 1.5m, etc?

The store says 21 is the limit for the 3 star?, but what happens when you purchase more than 1? At the moment, I don't think it adds a second Megatronus? Certainly would like to know too.
  • PhatBoy123 wrote: »
    Here's a tip: If someone in a raids top defender is a 5 star megatronus with RR, change opponents, you're screwed

The reasons I upgraded my Robot Resource!
    But If you're a good enough, you can try RHINOX against him.
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    edited October 2018
    i.e.
    3 star - 10k, 15k, etc
    4 star - 100k, 140k, etc
    5 star - 1.5m, etc?

The store says 21 is the limit for the 3 star?, but what happens when you purchase more than 1? At the moment, I don't think it adds a second Megatronus? Certainly would like to know too.
    @lightningbaron
    It gets duped, like when you open a crystal.
    Duping this way, gives everything you'll get from a crystal pull: Shards, Ore, Gold.. But they will added to your inventory/stash in background. It won't tell you, that you got this and that.
    Even buying for first time (when you don't have the bot),, will give you shards of next tier, like when you get a new bots from crystals.
    DonApis wrote: »
    i.e.
    3 star - 10k, 15k, etc
    4 star - 100k, 140k, etc
    5 star - 1.5m, etc?

I think it ONLY states the price for the 1st? What i meant were the SUBSEQUENT purchases, it doesn't state the price for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. of each class.
    This would help TREMENDOUSLY.
    Unless i never noticed the price list.
  • CeltCelt Posts: 190
    DonApis wrote: »
    i.e.
    3 star - 10k, 15k, etc
    4 star - 100k, 140k, etc
    5 star - 1.5m, etc?

I think it ONLY states the price for the 1st? What i meant were the SUBSEQUENT purchases, it doesn't state the price for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. of each class.
    This would help TREMENDOUSLY.
    Unless i never noticed the price list.

You can have this information : by doing the math yourself
    Exemple : if you try to but 2 4*, the price will be 240k, assuming that the second purchase = 140k.
    Try buy 3 and the price is 420k = 180k for the third purchase ( 420k - 240k )
    So the math is quite simple, add just 40k chips each time you buy the next one( the second 5* is 1M3 chips )
    That's great @Celt ,
    So i assume 3* is 10, 15, 20, 25...(+5),
    4* is 100, 140, 180...(+40) and
    5* is 1m, 1.3m, 1.6m (+300)?

And I played a dirty trick, too,, placed Megatronus, with 3* r4 (gives more power than 4* r2) at boss node,, placed a prowl ahead with a Security Module, (which has >100 more PI than RR) , which made Prowls PI more than Megatronus, so anyone raiding won't know, who is waiting for them!!!
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    PhatBoy123 wrote: »

And I played a dirty trick, too,, placed Megatronus, with 3* r4 (gives more power than 4* r2) at boss node,, placed a prowl ahead with a Security Module, (which has >100 more PI than RR) , which made Prowls PI more than Megatronus, so anyone raiding won't know, who is waiting for them!!!

Now they all know.
    RE: Bot cost (3*, 4*, 5*)

OK, I'm a daft git, all i had to do was punch in the appropriate number of bots to find out how much each subsequent dupe costs.
    Sorry guys, i facepalm myself in embarrassment.

Now they all know.

So better pack your rhino up!!
    Ooh,
    To RANK UP your Commander Level,
    KEEP PLAYING MEGATRONUS BOSS BATTLE, preferably hard, expert and master.
    JUST 2 fights, with lots of ORE, too.
    Occasional bonus energon as well.
    Ignore the HORDE crystals suggestions.
    Your luck is your luck.
    It's RNG.
    Random.

My 22 (so far) 4* dupes in a row and NOW 2x 5* of terrible bots is TESTAMENT.

KABAM wees on you, and you better like the whiff of ammonia.
    TIP:
    DON'T BELIEVE the 'mission recommended rating' for your squad.
    i.e. recommended rating of 1397, this is RIDICULOUSLY understated.
    You'd need bots of 3,000+ Pi EACH MINIMUM, that and ninja on crack reflexes.