Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

What is Optimus Primal's Best Incarnation?

What is Optimus Primal's Best Incarnation? 24 votes

Original
79%
French_BakerBumblebeeAnnatarBarricade1776SparkShredderJmdNightgauntSkBirdmanBumblebee254magnusprime777Jazz444BlackRazak1121893UrAverageMalakaHZEROScarredArachnid333OptimalOptimus_MV1KittenVanjie 19 votes
Transmetal
0%
Transmetal II/ Optimal Optimus
12%
Booster_BlueNemesisUnknownSycko5 3 votes
Beast Machines (I have to include it for fairness)
0%
Machinima POTP Optimus Primal
4%
Aendelan 1 vote
Machinima POTP Optimal Optimus
4%
Slayer 1 vote

Comments

• Optima1POptima1P Posts: 136
    Quick side note, Robot Masters doesn't count, as it is basically G1.
  • Original
    His first form is one of the best designs in the show. I really like how it combines Optimus Prime with a gorilla and I really like the color scheme. Also, the wrist cannons look sick.

Beast Machines, on the other hand, was an absolutely horrific design. His face, his oversized arms, were just ugh. And the fact that Beast Machines absolutely butchered his character doesn't help at all.
    His first form is one of the best designs in the show. I really like how it combines Optimus Prime with a gorilla and I really like the color scheme. Also, the wrist cannons look sick.

Beast Machines, on the other hand, was an absolutely horrific design. His face, his oversized arms, were just ugh. And the fact that Beast Machines absolutely butchered his character doesn't help at all.

Yeah. Primal went from a makeshift leader to a very unique Prime to a (insert disgusted sarcasm) spiritual, weird, humanoid-looking, rebel-alliance type figure.
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    Original
    Just can’t beat the original. 😀
  • Original
    I was never, ever a fan of the Transmetal designs or any of the others after the original Beast Wars designs really. They always looked kind of daft to me, and they seemed to defeat the object of taking an animal form in the first place.
    Nightgaunt wrote: »
    I was never, ever a fan of the Transmetal designs or any of the others after the original Beast Wars designs really. They always looked kind of daft to me, and they seemed to defeat the object of taking an animal form in the first place.

However, Optimal Optimus was a good idea. To me, he was worthy of being called a Prime later on and had this blend of his own personality along with Optimus Prime's that really went well together.

Also, Transmetals' beast modes became more tactical if anything, as the Energon became highly stable, and[/i those modes assisted in ways such as convenience of size or using their noses to track certain objectives. It was also a way to appeal to those who preferred Truk over Munkey.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Original
    Original for sure.
    I always fancied Furry, Robot-Batman!oh7aizr5klc7.jpg
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    Original for sure.

Uh... I meant the BW Cartoo-- oh never mind.
    Original
    Optima1P wrote: »
    Original for sure.

Furry Ro-Bat Prime VS Crotch-Munch MegaCroc: Dawn of Beastiality

Is the epic live action movie of my dreams
    Original for sure.

Furry Ro-Bat Prime VS Crotch-Munch MegaCroc: Dawn of Beastiality

Is the epic live action movie of my dreams

Indeed it is. WITH A SPECIAL STAN LEE CAMEO along with God Ginrai
  • Original
    I so have to go with the original!
    All the others where a little on the ugly side except for the Optimal Optimus mode, and I totally can’t stand what Machinima did with the character!
    They could have made him so much better, instead of just the guard of the requiem blaster that had never seen the outside of Cybertron!!
    I mean come on, what happened to his mission with the maximals on the axelon!
    Of how he saved all of time and space!
    I have to say it again, they could have made him so much better!
    The Machinima series was ok, but I really hope they do a lot better with the WFC-S, as the PWT was so my least favorite cartoon series
    Original
    All the others where a little on the ugly side except for the Optimal Optimus mode, and I totally can’t stand what Machinima did with the character!
    They could have made him so much better, instead of just the guard of the requiem blaster that had never seen the outside of Cybertron!!
    The Machinima series was ok, but I really hope they do a lot better with the WFC-S, as the PWT was so my least favorite cartoon series

Wot?
    WOT?
    So in depth, yet no mention of Primal's SIZE?
    Monkeymus is supposed to FIT in G1 Prime's cabin!
    Yet there he is, punching Megatronus, all while being the SAME SIZE AS GRIMLOCK.

EVEN THE DANG POTP OPTIMAL TOY MADE HIM SMALL
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited November 2018
    Original

Wot?
    WOT?
    Yet there he is, punching Megatronus, all while being the SAME SIZE AS GRIMLOCK.

Different continuity, different rules.

And I have to agree @magnusprime777 they really messed up his character. Optimus primal is supposed to be a bit that is more down to Earth than most Prime's (or in this case down to Cybertron). He cracks jokes, does smart-alec remarks, and sometimes just wings it. In POTP, he was just a dull character that could've been anyone because of how dull he is.
    Original
    Could anyone here IMAGINE the laughs to be had if Michael Bay tried to incorporate Beast Wars?

Anything Hopkins: You see, Cade, Quintessons were a robotic race of rapists. They impregnated mountain gorillas, alas only one reached full term. He was to lead the others riding atop an undersized, purple tyrannosaur. To fight for our brave American troops.
    But Hitler.
    *cue Linkin Park song*
    Hitler and Osama bin Laden corrupted the brave, magenta dinosaur. He no longer allowed the oppression that is being ridden.
    *cut to American flag, drenched in Bud Lite*
    Did i mention Israel?
    *EXPLOSIONS*
  • Original
    Could anyone here IMAGINE the laughs to be had if Michael Bay tried to incorporate Beast Wars?

Anything Hopkins: You see, Cade, Quintessons were a robotic race of rapists. They impregnated mountain gorillas, alas only one reached full term. He was to lead the others riding atop an undersized, purple tyrannosaur. To fight for our brave American troops.
    But Hitler.
    *cue Linkin Park song*
    Hitler and Osama bin Laden corrupted the brave, magenta dinosaur. He no longer allowed the oppression that is being ridden.
    *cut to American flag, drenched in Bud Lite*
    Did i mention Israel?
    *EXPLOSIONS*

Can you imagine what Bay would've done if he got his hands on Blackarchnia? My god.
    Original
    Blackarachnia?

Michael Bay's deep thoughts:
    Clearly voiced by Lil Kim, and is a robo-hooker intent on infecting humans with the hate plague.
    To the gonads.
    And she wears a Burqa.
    Coz Bay NEEDS TO OFFEND.

Wot?
    WOT?

And I have to agree @magnusprime777 they really messed up his character. Optimus Primal is supposed to be a bit that is more down to Earth than most Prime's (or in this case down to Cybertron). He cracks jokes, does smart-alec remarks, and sometimes just wings it. In POTP, he was just a dull character that could've been anyone because of how dull he is.

After seeing your analysis, I have to agree. I had liked him at first, but only because of the merchandise. When Primal was announced as the next Prime, I was STOKED. It seemed predictable, but it was exciting because (for me) Optimal Optimus would be coming at a more affordable price as well as having Optimus Primal. HOWEVER Making Primal become nothing more than a backpack was disappointing.

Also @BlackRazak, he was punching out Rodimus Cron, who was basically the same size, so, no difference. He was also slightly taller than Grimlock.
    Original

Wot?
    WOT?

And I have to agree @magnusprime777 they really messed up his character. Optimus Primal is supposed to be a bit that is more down to Earth than most Prime's (or in this case down to Cybertron). He cracks jokes, does smart-alec remarks, and sometimes just wings it. In POTP, he was just a dull character that could've been anyone because of how dull he is.

After seeing your analysis, I have to agree. I had liked him at first, but only because of the merchandise. When Primal was announced as the next Prime, I was STOKED. It seemed predictable, but it was exciting because (for me) Optimal Optimus would be coming at a more affordable price as well as having Optimus Primal. HOWEVER Making Primal become nothing more than a backpack was disappointing.

Also @BlackRazak, he was punching out Rodimus Cron, who was basically the same size, so, no difference. He was also slightly taller than Grimlock.

Backpack?
    Everyone knows CROSSBODY bags are IN.
    Optimal Optimus is slavenly sticking to the 90s.

Machinima/Kabam:
    Let's get Beast Wars fighting the G1 Bots, that would be pure badassery!

Reality:

3iyc4vdtkc3x.jpg
    nhhajd8iw38a.jpg
    hxxvifq5uy3y.jpg
    edited November 2018
    Original
    G1 vs Beast Wars:
    Forged to STOMP

TBF, Hasbro started it!

Starscream:
    Shut up, Skywarp!

Wheeljack:
    They see me Rollin', they hate it....

Prime:
    Worse driver EVER

Megatron:
    Devastator! Sit up front! Soundwave, you've been terrible, you sit in the back!

7lx2ysm5poki.jpg

y8qejphquzsy.jpg
    bcpgh3aty4u0.jpg
    df7pl44n4a0o.jpg
  • Original
    @BlackRazak Yeah I forgot about the size thing, you’re so right!
    And @ScarredArachnid333 Yes I totally agree with you on that one!