Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Unlocking lvl 100 forge... Dumb

I've got some beef with how the system requires you to forge the immediate lower rarity bot into your current bot in order to unlock forge lvl 100..

It didn't bother me when it comes to 2* bots... I couldn't care less about them.

However, it DOES bother me that I have no choice but to sacrifice my forge lvl 100 3* Ironhide in order to unlock forge lvl 100 on my 4* Ironhide.

That's just piss poor. It takes A LOT of resources, time and energy to get a 3* bit to lvl 100. I realize I can technically wait until my 4* IH is close to lvl 75, and then send my beloved 3* to his death, but I really don't see why I should have to.

There has to be a better way. It just seems like one of two things... Kabam didn't think about it when it comes to higher rarity bots, or... They DID think exactly this, and want to force the players to sacrifice very powerful bots and start over, presumably because it will get them spending more $$$.

It needs to change, imo. There's absolutely no reason why lvl 100 should be locked out until you forge an identical lower rarity bot into the target.

Give me a single good reason why this is required.
Tagged:

Comments

• DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    It does cost a ton of resources to max out your 3*. But, ultimately, your 4* is going to be better. So unless you wanted to bring both your Ironhides on an AM or in quests, in the end your 3* will be useless. So if you're not ready to replace your 3* IH with your 4* in whatever set-up, then don't forge! Wait until you get a few more duplicate 4*s, and yes this may take a while. Rank 2 4* is weaker than a maxed out 3* :) Then, when you're ready to replace (Get your T3B Spark to Rank 3 your 4*), hit the forge! And you get a nice boost to your 4* bot. It hurts, for now, but over time your 3*s will feel as useless as your 2*s do now. Then once you have your super buff 4*, what use is that 3* going to be? A base defender at best, and who cares about base defending anyway :)
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    Yes, it's a senseless and illogical system to have an extra 25 forge unblockable in this way. I saw this problem within minutes of starting to play the game.

I tried to raise this issue around release as well. Mostly beta players commented to defend the system, with no reasons given except to 'not forge, it's a super late game option don't worry about it' type answers. Those being the only 'valid' responses in itself speaks to the fact that it's a poorly designed system.

Unfortunately, there's a lot of missing logic and no good reasons why some things are the way they are in this game. It has a lot of potential. I don't know why people are blind and can't be objective about the obvious flaws in the game. It's a fun game but it is a few steps away from being amazing. I don't think there's any point defending and trying to shield Kabam from problems. I noticed lots of hyper defensive beta players when I joined at release. I want nothing more than the game to be successful, I've suffered through every failed transformers mobile game so far, even non-English ones. I've seen the past mistakes and don't want them repeated.

Most of the gameplay mechanics are pretty good, only a few mechanics need an adjustment. Namely the forge/dupe system, bleed, evasion mid combo and some weird ai at times. Non gameplay elements include crashing/battery drain/overheating, prize structures and how to effectively monetise a game (including energon currency).

Muted responses from the team compounds the problems and player frustration.

I'm so serious about having a successful transformers game I've sent resumes to the previous failed games companies to offer to help (before they completely failed and collapsed the games) and even pitched my own game ideas to Hasbro directly.
  • We should at least get a refund on the alphas that were spent on the 3 star bots.
  • Hired_GoonHired_Goon Posts: 440
    There is currently nothing really wrong with the forge system. If you're truly so far along that you're worried about forging your 4* Ironhide beyond lvl 75 then you should be far enough along to see the awesome in forging a maxed 3* Ironhide. That's a metric ton of forge xp. Enough to probably cap a forge 75 to forge 100 plus the ore, gold and 4* bot crystal shards you will get with the forging as well.

Forging is very much endgame. It is a way for your old and not so useful bots to serve a higher purpose. Don't want to lose a bot, don't feed it to a bigger one. Simple. Noone is holding a gun to your head. By the time your 4* is capped at 75 and needing the tier below to unlock lvl cap 100, are you really going to care about the lower tier anymore?

3* is not endgame people. Don't stress losing them 6-12 months in the future when you have acquired a decent roster of 4* bots. That's just silly.
  • Hired_GoonHired_Goon Posts: 440
    We should at least get a refund on the alphas that were spent on the 3 star bots.

Alpha sparks are too easy to acquire anymore. Why should you be getting a refund?
  • edited June 2017
    Hey Guys,

Thank you for your feedback! It sounds like some of you guys are getting a little ahead of yourselves. The Forging system is an important factor in unlocking your Bots full potential, but it's not something you should be doing if you're still having trouble getting your Lesser Bots to a high enough Forge Level. It's a long term mechanic that you don't need to focus on right away.

That being said, I've already taken your feedback to the team!
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    I still like the ideas about using Sharkticons to forge
  • Greenie_81Greenie_81 Posts: 54
    Hey Guys,

Thank you for your feedback! It sounds like some of you guys are getting a little ahead of yourselves. The Forging system is an important factor in unlocking your Bots full potential, but it's not something you should be doing if you're still having trouble getting your Lesser Bots to a high enough Forge Level. It's a long term mechanic that you don't need to focus on right away.

That being said, I've already taken your feedback to the team!

Maybe a return of the gold used to rank up that bot would be good. It requires a lot of resources to rank up bots. When we forge. We lose those resources and depending on the bot tier that we are forging to, the returns of maybe a single level up on the forge bar is a poor return of investment. Getting the gold back or at least 75% of what was spent would be nice. Thank you.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    I'm not defending nor against it but you do get resources back when you Forge. Sure, you don't get all your ore back but a partial refund is more than adequate. Don't forget about the 3* or 4* shards you receive when forging.
  • Im still missing something... I have a 4 star unduped WB I forged My duped 3 star r3 WB (unknown forge level) into her and my max is still showing 75. Does the 3 star have to forge level 100? I ask because I forged my 2 star OG Prime (pretty sure not max forge level) into my 440 3 star OG Prime (and maybe others but his max level was unlocked at some point to level 100. I am not clear on the needed trigger for 75 to 100.
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    edited September 2017
    I can't read
  • dvsgod wrote: »
    Im still missing something... I have a 4 star unduped WB I forged My duped 3 star r3 WB (unknown forge level) into her and my max is still showing 75. Does the 3 star have to forge level 100? I ask because I forged my 2 star OG Prime (pretty sure not max forge level) into my 440 3 star OG Prime (and maybe others but his max level was unlocked at some point to level 100. I am not clear on the needed trigger for 75 to 100.

Hmm, that's odd. I'm going to ask the team to look into this. Do you happen to remember when you forged your Windblade? It doesn't have to be at Max level to unlock the 100 Forge Level.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752

kowjpn4m81cb.png
  • dvsgod wrote: »
    Im still missing something... I have a 4 star unduped WB I forged My duped 3 star r3 WB (unknown forge level) into her and my max is still showing 75. Does the 3 star have to forge level 100? I ask because I forged my 2 star OG Prime (pretty sure not max forge level) into my 440 3 star OG Prime (and maybe others but his max level was unlocked at some point to level 100. I am not clear on the needed trigger for 75 to 100.

Hmm, that's odd. I'm going to ask the team to look into this. Do you happen to remember when you forged your Windblade? It doesn't have to be at Max level to unlock the 100 Forge Level.

I just did this yesterday