Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Game Development

Before I go off on my little rant, I would like readers to know that I don't know everything to the full extent. This is from the perspective of a player and fan of the game.

Forged To Fight was a game I immersed myself into because characters were becoming too hard to earn in the Contest. Back when I used to play, characters were earned by coming in a certain position in arenas. However, FTF doesn't actually feel that much different compared to the contest.
When I first got into this game, I searched for an official youtube channel and to my luck, I found it. At the time, the latest bot to drop was Jazz and it got me excited for the game. Now, I look at it in shame as the last video was a showcase for Megatronus.
Comparing this channel to the MCOC channel, they get updates, character spotlights, announcements, and all sorts of news. FTF? Meh, we have some character showcases.

That's the reason this game is dying down. The lack of communication between the players and the developers kills the game. This is true for most, if not all games on the market. Without communication between both parties, the game dies.

I've seen multiple videos and posts about the need to increase rewards or to fix obvious issues like the infamous Waspinator exploit. We've heard nothing from Kabam other than "Coming soon" and "We have big things planned!" yet we've seen neither. They're just beating a dead insecticon at this point.
The contest seems to have a video about each new update. Though infrequent, they at least get an e-news of some type. FTF doesn't get that whatsoever. All we get are hollow promises that something big is coming

What I think Kabam should do is hold a forum post that's either bi-weekly or monthly so there's at least SOME type of active communication. Even if the devs say they don't have anything special planned for the next month, it'd be better than letting it stew in a soup of Cesium salami and Beryllium baloney. Players are leaving because Kabam is doing nothing with this game and are watching this burn to the ground.

New bots? The players find out in the game before a forum post is made! Kabam adds the bot before the post is actually made which slows down hipe in my opinion. Adding the post before the bot gets people excited for what's to come. Yet Kabam decides to take the last two days of the month to add it. MCOC is getting champions left, right and straight down Cyclops' eyes. FTF? Meh, we get something every month. It's not even someone that we wanted, though a nice addition. Kabam is skating on thin ice by not adding the Warpath everyone wants by delaying it with randoms like Megatronus or Cyclonus.

While the following claim may never hold weight or actually happen if I were to have a seat in this mod-board, I'd overhaul the news section and actually keep some type of communication between players and devs. One of the reasons COD WW2 didn't immediately die is because Sledgehammer actually had a forum where they communicated with the player base! A game that was thought to die didn't just because of simple communication. While a mobile game can't exactly be compared to a big name, all I have to say is "Infinite Warfare".

What's to take away from this? Frickin communicate with the playerbase Kabam! That's the whole reason this game is dying! Just give the players what they want to a certain extent (obviously). Increase the rewards, fix known issues, and just frickin communicate with us!

Comments

• Kabam is the source of all our problems apparently. Lack of communication and laziness
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    I think if you use the word rant in your post, Kabam will close it down.
  • Darm0k wrote: »

lol it's been about an hour since I posted so I doubt it. Then again, maybe they're offline doing not their job.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Darm0k wrote: »

They've just closed "is the game dying". Out of courtesy, they may refrain from closing multiple similar threads in one day.
  • KennyKenny Posts: 309
    Darm0k wrote: »

They've just closed "is the game dying". Out of courtesy, they may refrain from closing multiple similar threads in one day.

I’m sure we’d all love to know where the terms of service is that he was talking about.
  • DonApisDonApis Posts: 544
    edited November 2018
    Slayer wrote: »
    [Removed By Moderation]

That rules from mcoc are most likely same as rules in tftf. But which terms are being talked by him?
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I wrote a thread similar to this yesterday and can't find it now... assuming it was taken down
  • Kabam doesn't care about this game any more. It deserves to be run by a better company like FoxNext. I mean, look at Marvel Strike Force! It's a totally different game, I know, but it's gone through a lot of issues and kind of flipped up, while FTF is heading straight to the ground and Kabam hasn't a bit of will related to saving it.
  • OptimalOptimus_MV1OptimalOptimus_MV1 Posts: 1,367
    edited November 2018
    With the way things are going kabam is probably going to close a lot of threads. I dont even think they care of our feedback and whenever there's a big bug or something they are lazy to act upon. Kabam must act better and actually listen to us. I don't hate kabam but I am annoyed at them.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 629
    Have yall stopped to think that maybe they're so silent is because December is gonna rock? Reverse psychology lol
  • Wow! We have a ranting thread streak here...

"Is the game dying?", "Game Development", "Why Are You Still Playing This Game?", "New content please Kabam", "Is Marcelo still making splashscreens for this game?", "Do you guys even purchase Deals and Bundles?", "KABAM NEED TO SORT IT OUT".

Phew... processed and approved.

"Update is the right of all sentient players"
    Soooooo when's act 4? :smiley: or maybe you know just a wink or something lol.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited November 2018
    Hey Commanders.

The conversation is getting a little volatile, but rather than close the thread for becoming non-constructive, I'd rather say a few things to hopefully get it back on track. When we say "we can't say anything until it's ready to be said," there's a reason for that. The most common response we get is "just reassure us, say SOMETHING, that's all we want."

When someone posts on a thread that's being followed, there's a notification. We know you're anxious to hear what's next, what we're working on or what we've got in store. We share that passion; we're just as excited to give it to you! But those notifications can be misleading or disappointing if we don't actually have anything to share, if we're just essentially saying nothing. Worse yet, if something changes or doesn't work out between when we share the information and when it's finished, then we've got egg on our faces because we've set an expectation that now cannot be met. I know it's frustrating to hear, but we want to make sure that when we make an announcement or confirmation, we're giving complete, accurate and up-to-date information.

Additionally, we have rules in place for a reason--it keeps the discussion focused, keeps the contents of the forums family-friendly, and allows for constructive exchange of information between our Teams and the Community. We don't arbitrarily censor things because we don't like what's being said, but how it is said is important. When a post violates our rules, we take action, be it closing/deleting the thread or providing the poster with a warning or, in extreme cases, a ban.

We hear you. We are grateful for and appreciate constructive feedback. We learn from you, and we're elated when we have things we can share with you--it's a great feeling when we can drop some info and we see the excitement and discussion spring from it.

We are grateful for and appreciate the passion you show for our game, and we know you're anxious for updates and info--we want nothing more than to give it to you! But please understand that in order to prevent misinformation, false expectations and/or misunderstandings, we have to be very careful about the information we share and how/when we share it.

Please don't think our caution is indifference, that our hesitation is apathy. We genuinely do care.

Thanks for that post.
    Sounds genuine and passionate, which is all we've ever wanted from you guys.
    You can hear the desperation almost, from what appears to also be a FAN of the game and someone who's proud to be part of the team, despite the lack of output.

We love the game, and genuine love dictates we want what's best for it, including a long, exciting life.

This is unprecedented from a mod, an actual plea for understanding.

Have a happy Thanksgiving!
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited November 2018
    Why do I have the impression that this very long post is just an expansion of the simple sentence "We have nothing to share for the moment"? Why isn't it possible that MCOC's forum posts about whatsnext can be here?
  • Why do I have the impression that this very long post is just an expansion of the simple sentence "We have nothing to share for the moment"? Why isn't it possible that MCOC's forum posts about whatsnext can be here?

Exactly why I made this.Us as players need a little more than a "we'll get to you when we have info". Even if they were to say "We have something big planned, but we don't know when we'll release it." is better than "We'll get back to you." It's better by so many miles and Kabam would rather take the lazy way out. We get updates so last minute and it, personally, ends up being so lackluster. The last time I actually got hyped for a character was Wheeljack, that was entirely because of personal bias. If we don't get enough news about the game, hype goes down and eventually, so does the player base.
    Staff, all we ask is an actual forum post that we can actually criticize. It seems your biggest problem is either the lack of content or the fact your player base is dying. If a post about future updates, with even the smallest of hints about what's to come, the player base might slow its decline.
  • ( ._.)
    This.
  • @Kabam Custos we're not blaming the forum admin/mods for lacking announcements, even because you guys are very interactive and share your opinions in discussions and polls. Our anger is with the Kabam development team itself, people who should be equally divided into the sectors of TFTF and MCOC. But apparently, ever since April, 80% of the TFTF crew jumped off to MCOC, which quite explains the game's lack of content.

We don't want you guys to give us something new (fake), we want the developers themselves to give us something new, because we're tired of the same splashscreen and new Bot every month system. It's boring and causes this game to barely survive, while MCOC has Dungeons, AW, Challenges, exclusive Champions, devolper's thoughts, interactive society events, etc.

@Synthwave 's comment quite explains our feeling, as the number of "Agrees", "Likes" and "Awesomes" demonstrate.
  • HrockHrock Posts: 132
    At this point I’d settle for news that a new splash screen is coming; as sad as that may be ( ._.)

Why not just copy the art image from spotlight section spread across easy to masters and slap ftf logo over it each month. Make it look like game is current 😂
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Hrock wrote: »
    At this point I’d settle for news that a new splash screen is coming; as sad as that may be ( ._.)

Why not just copy the art image from spotlight section spread across easy to masters and slap ftf logo over it each month. Make it look like game is current 😂

I’m sure there would be people who would complain that Kabam is so lazy that they reused the art from spotlight.
    What if they have been developing stuff but for some reason it's not coming out the way they want it to?
  • Hrock wrote: »

Listen, at this point I’ll take it lol.