Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Megatronus Life Steal Ignoring Shields

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious

So IMO Megatronus on Robot Resource is overpowered for many reasons. Now I've read the other silly posts about the counters which is fine when you're talking low level bases but not when facing a 9-10K bot on the last node. There are relatively few good counters to him. The only good counters are techs with shields however since his lifesteal apparently ignores shields on top of his sig already nerfing shields he gets a bit ridiculous.

This completely takes skill out of the equation, avoiding probably 5+ specials only to get hit with s3 Mirage still takes 80-90% damage if lifesteal triggers. Shields should still be a counter to it to make it somewhat fair. It's only going to get worse as more people r4 him.

At this point there is no effective counter if lifesteal just bypasses shields. I'm fine working around the sig triggers but you can't just dance around forever with him on RR.

The only other suggestion is that you adjust RR. Again IMO, in the same way HA was originally fixed from stacking on missed specials, RR should have a cooldown after a special is used and/or it should not stack damage for missed specials. Megatronus when invincible can almost get straight to s3 and when he uses s3 he gets an immediate s1.

Again I'm not talking Meg at 4-5K, those are usually fine but can still be broken if all these things happen in a single fight, but 7-8k+ it's broken. This is almost the same problem HA had when stacking where no matter how skilled you are the fight can be impossible.

To me it's quite literally the same as when every single base had BC and HA but now we have Meg and RR at least once. It's pretty clear something is unbalanced when it's on every one.

Comments

• KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    So it's not silly to think a 9k+ bot should be offed in seconds? Those who grinded their bumper off and upgraded a 5* R4 Megatronus should sporadically score a defense win. I see no problem in it, as raid defense is part of the fun part for the player base. Before HA was nerfed, those with Mv1 had their advantage. Now it's R4 Rhinox. It's only fair. Raid shouldn't be a one way street reeking of entitlement.
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    So it's not silly to think a 9k+ bot should be offed in seconds? Those who grinded their bumper off and upgraded a 5* R4 Megatronus should sporadically score a defense win. I see no problem in it, as raid defense is part of the fun part for the player base. Before HA was nerfed, those with Mv1 had their advantage. Now it's R4 Rhinox. It's only fair. Raid shouldn't be a one way street reeking of entitlement.

I don't think it should be offed in seconds. It's great to always remember why the forums are a waste of time. Also buying doesn't equal grinding. Wouldn't buying your way be more entitled than someone who grinds their way through the game only to face a match that isn't won or lost with a combination of bots and skill? Maybe your a buy-to-win = fun guy.

If people ever read posts and process the information it's about something simply not being impacted by any type of skill. I never said there shouldn't be defensive wins. I've picked the wrong bot team and lost raids because I played poorly. No matter how skilled you are a counter of one single bot (Rhinox) is not "fair".

Your argument about HA is also dumb and that's why it was fixed because it was not "fair". It was even acknowledged back then when getting ticked to death by stacking bleeds even while avoiding specials was not "fair" to the player base. When something can't be countered at all with some type of skill it's not balanced. A single bot being a counter is not balanced. Even if the lifesteal mechanic didn't ignore shields that fight is still very difficult and would often end up winning the raid defense for them regardless.

I just find your opinion about having a one bot counter be "fair" interesting.

• KennyKenny Posts: 309
    kranders wrote: »
    It's great to always remember why the forums are a waste of time.

This.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I have to agree with this thread. Although Megatronus is a God, he should be limited in some aspects because he is definitely far OP when paired with RR. Proel cannot keep up, they say KB is a counter but the AI makes sure you aren't hit with the ranged shots that cause power leak. There literally is no skill you can muster up to defeat this pairing without the proper counter bot.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Shockwave does ok in about 3/4 fights but it seems very random as to exactly how much damage Megatronus' specials do. I just got s3'd whilst hitting him, which was odd. Could see the damage number whilst I was getting ragged about, it was fun. I died.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    instruction on fighting Tronus with RR.

Step 1 - Play a perfect fight
    Step 2 - Watch Tronus gain a SP3 when he's invincible
    Step 3 - Watch Tronus gain a SP1 when beating you with SP3
    Step 4 - Pray you don't die from SP3
    Step 5 - If not dead, mash screen and hope you can dodge Tronus from SP1 as you get up
    Step 6 - Watch Tronus gain a SP1 when beating you with SP1
    Step 7 - If not dead, mash screen and hope you can dodge Tronus from SP1 as you get up
    Step 8 - repeat until dead
    :D

my record..one SP3 and three SP1s in continuity...almost as bad as watching Master Spotlight Scorp take you from 100 health to zero because he keeps on stacking the stun.
    DaveJL wrote: »
    Shockwave does ok in about 3/4 fights but it seems very random as to exactly how much damage Megatronus' specials do. I just got s3'd whilst hitting him, which was odd. Could see the damage number whilst I was getting ragged about, it was fun. I died.

not sure if this is the answer but with a duped RR mod.. each SP attack (including misses) increases the next SP attack.

how does Shockwave's power leak shock work against Tronus? Better than Rhinox's lock? Rhinox will be better if he didn't have that cool down...but then again that invincible can negate all that.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Has anyone tried Jazz? Confusion is excellent against Megatronus as well. He can't control power as well as some other techs or scouts, but he has the ability to not only easily bait specials, but also lock out sp3 indefinitely.

Just throwing out another option for matchups.

If you lose momentum on power control, he can indeed overwhelm you, not arguing that.
  • Manthro wrote: »
    Has anyone tried Jazz? Confusion is excellent against Megatronus as well. He can't control power as well as some other techs or scouts, but he has the ability to not only easily bait specials, but also lock out sp3 indefinitely.

If you lose momentum on power control, he can indeed overwhelm you, not arguing that.

Jazz's confusion is unreliable. I have a four star Jazz at rank 4. When i hit the ai with a confusion debuff, the AI won't use the special 70% of the time. I even stood there without attacking or sidesteping and still the AI refused to use a special attack.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Manthro wrote: »

He's a bit too flimsy and landing confusion in time and baiting it out is quite difficult. It's harder to do that and then manage to land any meaningful damage too - feels like the entire fight is centred around just trying to keep Mtronus confused and baiting, so his HP doesn't drop too much.

@Voltron you need a stack of 4 shocks or more to actually drain Mtronus power on RR without any brain drain synergy. However, even slowing it down makes the fight manageable enough and the shocks do a fair bit of DoT so it's pretty good either way. The trouble comes when he activates his sig and then no more DoT.

Barricade does ok against him - if you can manage to bait out one or two specials and keep him backfired, you can sometimes get him low enough to get him backfired to the point of suicide. Would imagine it to be better with Grindor synergy.
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    edited December 2018
    I dont find robotronus an OP combo. I just use a duped wheeljack at good level of sig, say 46, and just keep on Brawling
    And the upgrades are really helpful it's almost everytime i stun and power drain tronus with sp1
    I dont have nano repair i can only imagine if i had it , it would be no loosing against tronus , baiting tronus sp1 and sp2 is childs play . He is more intended to trigger sp1 or sp2 when you are dashing back. Because he thinks its hard for the opponent to dodge a split second lightning strike while dashing back but when you practice a little on wasp sp1 its all easy
    for sure it's a leveled up RR thing. I just had Arcee do a "Tronus" on me. Launched a SP3 (no luck in baiting her SP1) and then followed up with 2 SP1 on me..all in one combo. Typical game laws where I couldn't block when I was getting up. She had a third SP1 but the AI decided not to use it.

Same with IH on another base. He was able to gain a SP1 by the end of his SP1 animation. Luckily, he was easier to bait but it was like instant SP1..one after another.