Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Spotlight Mission: Crossfire

13»

Comments

• Any advice for 3.2? I cannot beat Megatronus.
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    edited December 2018
    Any advice for 3.2? I cannot beat Megatronus.

I just defeated him with my Wheeljack 4*
    When his mod says resist Ranged attacks don’t shoot far away
    When his mod says resist special don’t use any special attacks cause they’ll do nothing
    When his mod says Resist Melee don’t punch or shoot use a special attack

You’ll be fighting for a couple minutes or more just dodge when ya can and do the complete opposite attacks when you see what shield Megatronus has got

I hope this helps buddy 👍😁
    Jazz444 wrote: »
    Are the objectives being buffed as well or no?

I want to know that too buddy (:
    @Kabam Miike another question are the monthly objectives being buffed

I promised Miike I wouldn't say anything, so instead you get just this before tomorrow.skd4tajg7fwp.gif

Thanks so much I love the new objectives
  • Canuck33Canuck33 Posts: 244
    Jazz444 wrote: »
    Any advice for 3.2? I cannot beat Megatronus.

I just defeated him with my Wheeljack 4*
    When his mod says resist Ranged attacks don’t shoot far away
    When his mod says resist special don’t use any special attacks cause they’ll do nothing
    When his mod says Resist Melee don’t punch or shoot use a special attack

You’ll be fighting for a couple minutes or more just dodge when ya can and do the complete opposite attacks when you see what shield Megatronus has got

I hope this helps buddy 👍😁

I actually disagree with this, when his resistance is up you should still attack as normal as It builds up your power bar as well as distracts megatronus from attacking you. He wont gain extra power from your attacks as he just has his base power gain. So dodge a lot, bait his sp1 as much as possible and look for openings to get your shots in. Be patient because he will smash you if you're not.

Just try to avoid wasting your specials during special resistance of course, that doesn't help the cause any.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Anyone notice that each chapter mentions Past, Present, and Future.

This could be a reference to a Christmas Carol, which had the Ghost of Christmas Past, Ghost of Christmas Present, and Ghost of Christmas Future. Guess this is about Christmas after all.

I guess that means to expect Megatronus to be the final boss for spotlights to come...
  • Bw megatron could replace him one day
    Technobot wrote: »
    ljl0pspscbr8.png

This could be a reference to a Christmas Carol, which had the Ghost of Christmas Past, Ghost of Christmas Present, and Ghost of Christmas Future. Guess this is about Christmas after all.

It isn’t just the Chapters... look at the Mission Titles in each Chapter and say them together as a sentence...
    For the Past Chapter: Be Not Afraid Of Greatness
    For the Present Chapter: Uneasy Lies the Head That Wears a Crown
    For the Future Chapter: Passing Through Nature to Eternity

Those three quotes are from Shakespeare. The first one is from Twelfth Night, the second from Henry IV, Part 2, the last from Hamlet.

You’ve cracked the case my friend the new bot for 2019 is UNICRON
    The Great Orson Wells voiced Unicron 👍🎁👏😮💡😊
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    What's with the red-eyed Bumblebee in the Spotlight art?
    ljl0pspscbr8.png

It isn’t just the Chapters... look at the Mission Titles in each Chapter and say them together as a sentence...

Those three quotes are from Shakespeare. The first one is from Twelfth Night, the second from Henry IV, Part 2, the last from Hamlet.

Nice! I did find those Act titles oddly abrupt, now it makes sense.
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited December 2018
    ljl0pspscbr8.png

Huh, never noticed where there were from, that's pretty cool. I wonder if that hints at anything.
    ljl0pspscbr8.png

Okay, where’s Kitten and his nerd gif?
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Darm0k wrote: »
    ljl0pspscbr8.png

Okay, where’s Kitten and his nerd gif?

I can’t be asked to find it sorry..
  • CeltCelt Posts: 190
    Okay, I just fought Tronus on last mission and ...
    Oh boy, I have to say that he's actually really hard. I don't know if I'm just bad today or they actually just pumped up his IA, but oh god he did rekt me hard. I mean the Tronus we fought earlier ( Megatronus spotlight ) was kinda way easier and I didn't even have my 5* Megatronus at this time.
    I don't know if you have also have that feeling but oh man, I really hope I don't spend too much energon on this spotlight.
    Is it me or Megatronus have a " Nightbird's mark " effect on his SP2 ?
    That's the second time he finish my bot with a sp2 making 3-4k PLUS 15k freaking damage. And I'm not talking about the punch he makes when he comes close, I'm strictly talking about the thunder/light attack itself and that's all
    I don't know if this a side effect of SP2, and I doubt it really hard. So anyone who got through the same ? I tried to screenshot it this time but couldn't, if this happens again( and it would be really troublesome if this is the case ) I'll try to screenshot it.
  • Celt wrote: »
    Is it me or Megatronus have a " Nightbird's mark " effect on his SP2 ?
    That's the second time he finish my bot with a sp2 making 3-4k PLUS 15k freaking damage. And I'm not talking about the punch he makes when he comes close, I'm strictly talking about the thunder/light attack itself and that's all
    I don't know if this a side effect of SP2, and I doubt it really hard. So anyone who got through the same ? I tried to screenshot it this time but couldn't, if this happens again( and it would be really troublesome if this is the case ) I'll try to screenshot it.

Life steal. He took 8-14% of his health from you, which is why its almost instakill for you.
    SkBirdman wrote: »
    Life steal. He took 8-14% of his health from you, which is why its almost instakill for you.

Was it red damage? If so, then yeah, life steal.
  • Can I get some advice on how to defeat scorponok
    That explains a lot.
    Nvm then, thanks for the answer guys ! @Darm0k @SkBirdman

In short... don’t use Megatronus.

Best bots to use are a duped Grimlock or a duped Tantrum. Anybody that has Purification abilities is good here.

Key to beating Scorponok is avoid getting hit by his heavies or his Special 2 when he has a venom charge. That will inflict Venom Backfire, which will activate when launch a Special Attack. Multiple Venom Charges will also cause damage if they expire simultaneously. Also, if Scorponok connects on his Special 1 attack, Dazed is activated. If you try to launch a Ranged Special Attack while you are dazed, it will miss.

Bring someone who does heavy damage in single hits. Shockwave sp2 works wonders with heal block, galvatron sp2, anything that deals more damage than he repairs. Then just ninja away from his heavies and you should be good.

Brawler, as mentioned, bring a purifier. You can do without the bleeds. Personally though I bring shockwave if I know scorponok is there
  • Ok what about a duped motormaster
  • Ok what about a duped motormaster

Easy, play patiently and wait for his dash, sidestep, combo, backstep, rinse and repeat. Don’t throw heavies, and try and bait only sp1s out of him, don’t let him get sp2. Just take your time and you’ll do fine.

Or bring starscream, Magnus or duped g1 megs, and strip him of his beloved melee buffs. Makes things even easier
  • @Orion_pax13 might be best to make a seperate thread for this in future for others to find, rather than here, this thread isn’t really the place for questions on vs specific bots. Helps anyone looking for a duped motormaster counter to find with searching through different threads
  • I have explored Spotlight mission - expert - Chapter2 but 10000 jetfire chips not awarded.
    Ok what about a duped motormaster

t0mp8phz9sej.gif
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Kitten wrote: »

t0mp8phz9sej.gif

Yeah it doesn't really work, I've tried 😥
    BaRdYaAmN wrote: »
    Kitten wrote: »