Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

About the opening splash screen

I don't know why I didn't notice this before, but on the opening screen where Soundwave is stomping on Blaster, it looks to me like that's a sim card stapled to Soundwave's shin. Or is that just my imagination?

Comments

• Options
    I don't see it. I do understand the way some of the chins are illustrated, they are very strong. Especially with Jazz and Motormaster. Starscream's chin is also strong but still believable. Last thing: if Ultra Magnus's eyes were softer (like on Mirage and Prowl), it would make him seem more heroic than villain.
    I want to acknowledge the overall artwork is top notch. It would have been a dream come true to have been able to work on this, I'd be gushing all over. The art direction is great. I'm not a fan of how the bots are (really shiny) but it does a good job of communicating physical health at the end of a match.
  • Options
    Shin, not chin. Just above his foot that's on Blaster. Maybe just random design but it looks like a sim card to me.

Also, yes, I like the art overall. However, that splash screen and some other places have the robots with heads that are disproportionately smaller than what they should be for their body sizes.
  • Options
    97zlpxqzrkn7.jpg
    Now that you mentioned it...
  • Options
    Ah! Shin!
    I ranted.

I suppose it could be mistaken for a SIM card but it's not overtly so. Possible the artists took inspiration from a memory card shape.
  • Options
    BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Issy543 wrote: »
    97zlpxqzrkn7.jpg
    Now that you mentioned it...

SD Card superior!
    Internal memory inferior!

Soundwave totally an Android guy
  • Options
    SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    I hope Marcelo comes back and does a new one soon.
  • Options
    I don't know why I didn't notice this before, but on the opening screen where Soundwave is stomping on Blaster, it looks to me like that's a sim card stapled to Soundwave's shin. Or is that just my imagination?

Did anyone also notice that said shin details are upside down? Also, it would be nice if the TR toy had the same arms as FTF Soundwave.