Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Wait, not Skyfire?

If you look at Jetfire's bio, it is a carbon copy of Skyfire. Whoever knows the history understands that (due to legal issues) Jetfire had to be called Skyfire. His appearance and logo indicate he is G1 style, but Skyfire is the true cannonical name of the G1 character. So tell me, what in Primus' name is up with that? Is he Dreamwave? Or IDW?
Tagged:

Comments

• BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Optima1P wrote: »
    If you look at Jetfire's bio, it is a carbon copy of Skyfire. Whoever knows the history understands that (due to legal issues) Jetfire had to be called Skyfire. His appearance and logo indicate he is G1 style, but Skyfire is the true cannonical name of the G1 character. So tell me, what in Primus' name is up with that? Is he Dreamwave? Or IDW?

Pah!
    Even the G1 bots are confused in Spotlight missions!

He has to keep telling em he's Jetfire, NOT SKYFIRE!
  • Optima1POptima1P Posts: 136
    BlackRazak wrote: »

Pah!
    Even the G1 bots are confused in Spotlight missions!

He has to keep telling em he's Jetfire, NOT SKYFIRE!

Just wait when MV2 Jetfire shows up! He'll be HECKA confused!
  • Optima1P wrote: »

Hes Generations, not G1. And the Generations toy was named Jetfire, which is what hes built off.

Not to mention the G1 toy was also Jetfire. It was only in the cartoon that he was called Skyfire.

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Jetfire_(G1)/toys
  • Optima1POptima1P Posts: 136
    SkBirdman wrote: »

Hes Generations, not G1. And the Generations toy was named Jetfire, which is what hes built off.

Not to mention the G1 toy was also Jetfire. It was only in the cartoon that he was called Skyfire.

The cartoon recorded it as "Jetfire" but was re-recorded as "Skyfire"
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    SkBirdman wrote: »

The cartoon recorded it as "Jetfire" but was re-recorded as "Skyfire"

In the 80’s cartoon he was named Skyfire after that he’s been and always will be called Jetfire ):