Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Bot Intel Report - Jetfire

Comments

• KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Jazz444 wrote: »
    Jazz444 wrote: »
    We've had two months of god-tier bots. Guess we need some lower tier bots....

Who is the 2nd god bot I only see Megatronus with the power

God-tier e.g. best bots on the game. Not literal dogma based god. The other bot I was referring to was Scorp.

Ok I don’t rate Scorponok as good as Megatronus
    Megatronus is the god bot type
    not Scorponok but he’s still a good bot 👍

Scorpy is a tough defender on tech console and has nasty trick in room 3 in AM. That's making him the best Warrior ftm. But no where near god-tier.
  • Seems like Jetfire won't be one of my mains, but is still nice. His unique playstyle is definitely an opportunity to experience the game in a new way.

@Kabam Miike Any chance for some sort of trophy system? Something like getting rewards for accomplishing feats, for example:

- used Jetfire in Story and parried 10 melees
    - used jetfire in Arena and reflected 10 ranged
    - etc.

Potential benefits of such system are:

- might breathe new life to old content (e.g. require that the feat be done in Story, etc.)
    - might convince players to try the new bot/mechanic (and thus experience the game in a new way)
    - seems easy to implement. Maybe a feat/objective tracker is all that's needed
  • New botão
  • New botão
  • Jetfire is HUGE
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Jetfire is HUGE

And no dodgy glow on Android!

74aqac2l2cq6.png

• DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    So far I LOVE Jetfire. I also appreciate the scale you put him in...I was afraid he wouldn't be as big as he's supposed to be.
    I can also appreciate the specials... awesome sauce
    So I tested JF, he can reflect multiple shots in a row, you just have to tap-tap-tap on the left. But it's not simple at all to get to a convenient parry position.
  • I find that Parry shield is difficult to do consistently, and I am good at parrying in MCOC. The big difference is that in MCOC there is no sidestepping and long ranged attacks. The risk of getting hit due to a missed parry is too high.
    Yes. Sidestepping changes everything.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    @Kabam Miike you were right, Jetfire's sp3 is is pretty awesome and the sound is epic..his specials overall are great
  • CeltCelt Posts: 190
    is it me, or we'll probably get something in the last week of this spotlight ? Since it's again 5 week long mission
  • PyrusPrimePyrusPrime Posts: 177
    edited December 2018
    @Kabam Miike is jetfire' s sp2 off a bit it? The 2nd hit of his sp2 only hits if done with opponent against the wall or it knocks them too far get back too connect with second part of attack
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    Celt wrote: »
    is it me, or we'll probably get something in the last week of this spotlight ? Since it's again 5 week long mission

maybe the week or two before the EOM..I assume for the holiday bumblebee event
  • I haven't awakened my Jetfire yet. How is the healing so far ? Otherwise he has been a bit disappointing as to make him effective you have to constantly build shocks by parrying. However it is very hard to consistently parry and one mistake costs a lot of damage. It's not worth it so far to me.
    Has anyone been able to counter after parrying the first hit of the AI's melee combo?

I've played him for a tiny bit and you really have to change the way you play FTF for him. If I were to use the melee parry, I might as well do what the AI does - "parry" the first hit and hold the block for the rest of the combo. But why do that and take damage when I can just dodge. Right now..I think play Jetfire similar to a Shockwave. Dodge the melee and "parry" the ranges for the charges.

Curious to see how the higher level players play him..if at all.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Voltron wrote: »
    Has anyone been able to counter after parrying the first hit of the AI's melee combo?

I've played him for a tiny bit and you really have to change the way you play FTF for him. If I were to use the melee parry, I might as well do what the AI does - "parry" the first hit and hold the block for the rest of the combo. But why do that and take damage when I can just dodge. Right now..I think play Jetfire similar to a Shockwave. Dodge the melee and "parry" the ranges for the charges.

Seems like the melee parry wasn’t too well thought out by Kabam.
    Darm0k wrote: »
    Voltron wrote: »

Seems like the melee parry wasn’t too well thought out by Kabam.

yep..or the Wordsmith(s) didn't know what parry means. This is really just a block buff ability that has a range reflect. If they didn't use the word parry, we wouldn't have this parry expectations of him and I think he would have been more well received. Playing him as a bot with a block buff isn't too bad.. you can build up the charges pretty quick just on ranges alone.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Yeah the melee parry feature of him is fundamentally broken, as far as I'm concerned. You don't parry anything, you just bounce them back a little bit and then they proceed to keep hitting you after that. My impression of the initial bot intel report was that you would be able to actually counter after a successful parry.

Since parrying is rarely done in this game, a counterattack seems like the appropriate reward to the risk of trying to parry. You miss the parry, you eat a combo. You time it right, and it rewards you with a successful counter and an energy charge. His low damage output perfectly balances this, so it's just baffling to me why Kabam didn't design him to truly parry. It really would put him firmly in the middle of the pack on the bot roster, but instead Kabam seems content to keep him on crutches.

I've posted this already in another thread, but here's what Kabam should do:

1. Remove the stun synergy that he gets from Starscream and give him a different synergy. Apply a very short stun to Jetfire's successful melee parry (either as an official stun debuff or not; but definitely a window that allows the player to quickly counterattack).

2. Fix his special 1 to give the 20 seconds worth of ranged damage officially listed in the bot intel report instead of the 10 seconds he's getting now.

3. Replace the pointless shielding he gets from using his sp2 with 5 charges with a power drain similar to Shockwave that drains power proportional to the number of energy charges he currently has.

That's it. I think he'd be a decent bot to use with those changes and even then, he's going to still be a very challenging bot to use. But as he stands right now he's just a big towering hunk of metal that's only good as a synergy support bot that you just bring along for Shockwave or Starscream.
    Synthwave wrote: »
    1. Remove the stun synergy that he gets from Starscream and give him a different synergy. Apply a very short stun to Jetfire's successful melee parry (either as an official stun debuff or not; but definitely a window that allows the player to quickly counterattack).

To add to this, I would say any melee parry should not do any damage to Jetfire. For parrying a heavy melee attack, maybe not stun the attacker, but prevent the block from being broken and no damage. As you said, you should get some reward for the risk.
  • Ok, I’m going to have a bash at defending kabam here. Don’t flare up at me for pointing this out.

Kabam has stressed several times that they treat mcoc and tftf as separate despite their natural similarities. Many things are worded differently, like cruelty, precision and such just being Crit rate buff, Crit Damage buff over here. Everyone expecting mcoc style parry should have noted that no stun is mentioned like in mcoc, and that the closest we have to mcoc parry is concussive block, mix’s sig and synergy with dinobot and Jetfire. If they were giving him an mcoc style parry, they probably would have just called it concussive block.

I understand why people expected it, I kind of did as well. But looking thoroughly at it all the only conclusion I can come to is it’s purposefully the way they made him.

However, the need to include mixmaster is totally unnecessary, Jetfire and dinobot should have the ability in their own. Mix’s sig adds a damage buff whereas neither Jetfire or dinobot gain such buffs. It’s poor that in order to properly utilise one defensive bot, you have to include mix, who is totally unrelated to bots who suit either teams respective ideal setups.
  • Jetfire is by no means a bad bot, he looks great and his special animations are top notch. I guess we tend to compare to the previous bots in which he pales in comparison in view of damage and utility. He is definitely not a bot you would want to use up your resources on. Hopefully Kabam will tweak him to improve his abilities.
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    Mutantdoc wrote: »
    Jetfire is by no means a bad bot, he looks great and his special animations are top notch. I guess we tend to compare to the previous bots in which he pales in comparison in view of damage and utility. He is definitely not a bot you would want to use up your resources on. Hopefully Kabam will tweak him to improve his abilities.

I agree with you Kabam needs to make his shields, and abilities better
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    edited December 2018
    Kabam has always been great about introducing new game mechanics though and Jetfire has such potential to be one bot who introduces a great parrying/counterattack mechanic.He will be incredibly sub-par if they don't make some alterations to his play-style to allow that true parry and get rid of the superfluous shielding from his special 2.
  • It would be very useful if Jetfire could negate Aim Enhancer or Reflect ranged paths
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    edited December 2018
    Synthwave wrote: »
    Kabam has always been great about introducing new game mechanics though and Jetfire has such potential to be one bot who introduces a great parrying/counterattack mechanic.He will be incredibly sub-par if they don't make some alterations to his play-style to allow that true parry and get rid of the superfluous shielding from his special 2.

That shield Jetfire’s got stinks it should’ve been a reflective shield
    I love Jetfire don’t take me wrong I’ve asked for him a long time
    I have fun playing him but he’ll never replace Wheeljack, Shockwave, Soundwave, etc
    I'm a little disappointed that parrying Blaster's ranged doesn't prevent interference from sticking to you.
    Darm0k wrote: »
    I'm a little disappointed that parrying Blaster's ranged doesn't prevent interference from sticking to you.

Then the same can be said for deceleration. They are both calculated using the hitting box only.
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    Mutantdoc wrote: »
    It would be very useful if Jetfire could negate Aim Enhancer or Reflect ranged paths

He reflects unblockable ranged attacks. Haven’t tried against melee.

I’m not getting the fuss. If he stunned on every “parry” he’d get crazy powerful. I’ve had him stun 2-3 times a fight with Scream synergy and it makes a fight very easy. It’s very easy to parry after a combo. It also reduces damage while blocking quite a bit. Considering he can heal I think it’s pretty fair. At a low sig his heal is slight but at a high level it would heal more than the damage from blocking.

The shield is fairly useless on s2 as well as the heal block. Perhaps power drain based on charges and a shield would be good. Or make his shield shock block would be interesting and would go with his parry. Otherwise it doesn’t seem useful over s3. Considering the shock damage plus 3 charges to either heal or increase power rate makes it his best special.

I’m liking him. Most bots have one bad special.
  • Unless kabam introduces an actual perry mechanic then JF will be arena trash for me.