Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Is Prowl's power drain good enough for raid Tronus?

As specified in the title would u guys cinsider prowl's sp1 good for draining a typical megatronus on robot resource?

Comments

• That's who I've been using and it works. He'll still get his spc3 off every now and then if his ai blocks and holds but it's a good option.
  • Thx for responding but i also have to ask if jazz is a decent option for tronus?
  • In theory he should be. I haven't really tried him. That power gain is so fast you're gonna eat an occasional spc3 with even the best power control bots. Really one of the best options is a high sig tech shark. At high sig lvl his spc1 power drain is the strongest in the game. Get hit by it in spotlight or am and you'll see.
  • Yes. Tech Sharkticon is a terrific matchup against Megatronus precisely if you can continue to connect with his Sp1 against the God. Drains Megatronus' power down to zero if he is less than one bar. Another great matchup against Megatronus is Scorponok (yeah, I had to eat some crow over this one...). To beat Megatronus with Scorponok, you have to execute a basic two-step plan. First, when you reach one bar on the Power Meter, find a way to connect on your Special 1 attack. That will trigger dazed. If Megatronus launches a Special 1 or Special 2 attack while he's dazed, his first shot will miss and then all you have to do is a timely dodge of the 2nd part of the attack. Also, every time you get a power bar, you will get a venom charge. When you launch a heavy attack, any venom charges will be inflicted on Megatronus as Venom Backfire. If he chooses to launch a Special Attack with any Venom Backfires in effect, he loses health in the process. Multiple Venom Backfires can also inflict damage if they simultaneously expire without the Fallen launching a Special Attack. In short, if you keep connecting with Sp1 and Venom charged heavies against Megatronus, you can win. In arenas, I've beaten Maxed Out 4* Fallens with ratings over 4000 with just a 2600 rating 4* R4 Scorponok.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    With Prowl, you have to be right at every attempt to drain his power. One mistake, one relic of obedience, and your charge/sp1 cycle is interrupted, then he's out of control.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Prowls sp1 cannot keep up with Megatronus on RR. He builds power FAR too quick. I have found Skorp and Blaster are good, as well as Rhinox. Skorp and Blaster make it hard for him to land ranged shots so you can easily dodge and survive. I have a 5/50 4* Prowl fully forged with a 30ish sig...he gets decimated.
  • Well his Power drains keeps up, but replicating Power Gain is not so good.
    My advice : if you wanna use prowl, don't charge power, be offensive and fill power (ignore resistance at all) then, use sp1 quickly to drain him to zero. Then it is safer to charge buffs, slowly and steadily, make that power gain useless.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    He's talking about raid, so Robotronus he meant. Not Replicatronus.
  • He's talking about raid, so Robotronus he meant. Not Replicatronus.

Ahh sorry,
    Okay, then he can keep up, just make his sign is above 15/20 so you can one combo and sp1 him to zero.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    My Prowl cannot keep up with a RoboTronus. He can get him down once but he builds WAY to quickly and blasts SPs as they fill
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    My R4/50 Shocky can keep up with him. Using an R4/50 Megatronus as an example (with a 4* RR Mod), I was able to keep him from reaching SP3 the whole fight. It’s an all ranged game where I absorb Tronus’ light ranged and return light back chipping away at his Power Gain just enuf so I can then hit him with SP1 to really keep it down. It’s not perfect and I often get to SP3 myself and that is also a big power drainer to him.
  • VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    I’ve actually been ripping up Megatronus with Barricade. He fires his specials so often, backfire ruins him.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Prowl is not good enough.

When you see Megatronus you shoudnt even try. Just quit the raid and get a matchup you don't need to use skill for.
  • DrShotgun wrote: »
    Prowls sp1 cannot keep up with Megatronus on RR. He builds power FAR too quick. I have found Skorp and Blaster are good, as well as Rhinox. Skorp and Blaster make it hard for him to land ranged shots so you can easily dodge and survive. I have a 5/50 4* Prowl fully forged with a 30ish sig...he gets decimated.

I'm also finding more success with Rhinox than with Prowl. But maybe because my Prowl isn't awakened, so I can't get to sp1 fast and often enough.

What's great with Rhinox is that you only have to do a heavy to power lock. And so, you can power control from the get go and as often as possible.