Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Obscure Questions Of The Day

Ok so here goes: is Soundwave actually saying something during sp 1&2?
On sp1, I'm fairly sure he's saying "Operation: Power Drain", and on sp2, I think I hear, "Destination..."
Bonus Question: Kabam Miike: is it pronounced "Mike" or "Me-Kay" like Takashi Miike, the Japanese horror director?
Tagged:

Comments

• DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    this has been asked before and I believe it wasn't solved
  • iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    edited December 2018
    I haven’t listened that closely, but from what little I did hear, it sounds like the Soundwave vocal clips might be reversed.
  • wat..
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    edited December 2018
    Sp1 he says "alert....averted"
    Sp2 he says "disc 2, launch"....
    Sp3 not so sure...he starts with "air"...then can't make out the rest. I asked this question a long time ago and have listened to it at length.
  • Anyone else here Tantrum and Primal growl whenever they are hit?
  • DrShotgun wrote: »
    Sp1 he says "alert. averted"
    Sp2 he says "disc 2, launch"....I'll get sp3...can't remember right off

Disc? Wouldn't it be cassette or tape tho?
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    Sp1 he says "alert. averted"
    Sp2 he says "disc 2, launch"....I'll get sp3...can't remember right off

Disc? Wouldn't it be cassette or tape tho?

I thought the exact same thing
  • Anyone else here Tantrum and Primal growl whenever they are hit?

I meant to write "hear" instead of "here" my mistake.
  • lightningbaronlightningbaron Posts: 595
    edited December 2018
    Soundwave is saying something, but can't make it out as I usually have the volume turned down.

It would be better if he said something like "Laserbeak eject; Operation ..." Or "Ravage eject..." In the cartoon, Soundwave usually calls out the name of the cassette; e.g.: Rumble eject. Operation tidal wave.

Can Kabam "upgrade" Soundwave and Blaster by giving us the other cassettebots?
    I'd love for a mod to chime in on this..
    @Kabam Miike
    @Kabam Vydious
    Can you guys shed some light on Soundwaves script?
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    I always thought it was just noises that sound like soundwave, just not actually words 😑
  • JKINJKIN Posts: 514
    I actually play TFTF without sound (I have no life), and I can hear much more that way.

Soundwave does say stuff, but there seems to be DIFFERENT sounds coming from him at different times, even though he is using the same specials. Sure, some are... basically nonsensical, and some you can actually form words, but they vary.

I can confirm he saying "*UNKNOWN* 2, launch" sometimes on his special two, and he says *Operation* at the start of his special one sometimes.
  • During Soundwave's sp2 I think I hear him say "Ravage" when Ravage ejects
  • GtronGtron Posts: 117
    I have sound turned off, but I have a question about Soundwave. Anyone see the Robot Chicken episode of where are they now? Soundwave’s current job is a port-o-potty
  • Soundwave is saying something, but can't make it out as I usually have the volume turned down.

It would be better if he said something like "Laserbeak eject; Operation ..." Or "Ravage eject..." In the cartoon, Soundwave usually calls out the name of the cassette; e.g.: Rumble eject. Operation tidal wave.

Can Kabam "upgrade" Soundwave and Blaster by giving us the other cassettebots?

lmao doubt they'll add Rumble, Buzzsaw, Ramhorn or Rewind to their specials.
  • JKINJKIN Posts: 514
    Grindor grunts or something at the end of his Special 3.