Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Transformers Cartoon shows Thread

2»

Comments

• AnnatarAnnatar Posts: 101
    So, my TOP-5 favorite series is
    1. Beast Wars+Beast Machines
    2. Prime
    3. Victory
    4. Animated
    5. Galaxy Force
  • Annatar wrote: »
    Anyone watch Cybertron? I really love it.

Haven't really seen the Unicorn Trilogy, just never had the time to do so.

I did watch one random episode of Energon to see how bad it is, however.

I regretted everything!

Unicron Trilogy is bad indeed. You should watch original versions - SuperLink and Galaxy Force.
    Armada, by suprise, is decent and almost equal to Micron Densetsu, although they made they usual mess with Megatron\Galvatron.

Who said the unicron triliogy was BAD. Cybertron was EPIC and armada was good. It is ENERGON that sucks.
  • AnnatarAnnatar Posts: 101
    Who said the unicron triliogy was BAD. Cybertron was EPIC and armada was good. It is ENERGON that sucks.
    Well, i said it. Unicron trilogy IS bad, because there is no trilogy. Galaxy Force is totally independent series, and they DARE change dat girl Override into a dude! Not to mention, other characters and the plot that was butchered in both Galaxy Force and SuperLink.
  • Annatar wrote: »
    Well, i said it. Unicron trilogy IS bad, because there is no trilogy. Galaxy Force is totally independent series, and they DARE change dat girl Override into a dude! Not to mention, other characters and the plot that was butchered in both Galaxy Force and SuperLink.

Override was cool. She became an AUTOBOT, she became a soldier not a dude! Yeah cybertron may be by its own but the unicron trilogy is good, besides energon. It is a trilogy
  • Anyone watch g2? It looks like a toy commercial
  • Anyone watch g2? It looks like a toy commercial

I heard it almost killed the franchise. Had Beast Wars not come out, Transformers would be dead.
  • OptimalOptimus_MV1OptimalOptimus_MV1 Posts: 1,367
    edited December 2018
    Anyone watch g2? It looks like a toy commercial

I heard it almost killed the franchise. Had Beast Wars not come out, Transformers would be dead.

Perhaps. But how did they make g2 so bad. Also I'm sure it wouldn't be dead. More like prime, Cybertron, etc would eventually come
  • JmdJmd Posts: 45
    I've only ever seen the G1 Sunbow cartoon, Beast Wars, and the Machinima/Hasbro Combiner Wars web series (I tried Beast Machines but only lasted a few episodes). I watched the former two when they first aired, and Combiner Wars a few months ago. Except for Beast Machines, I love 'em all. The Shout! Factory G1 DVD box set's one of the only DVDs I own.

Transformers is lucky to have had so many good shows. Masters of the Universe and G.I. Joe are my second-favorite '80s toytoons, and between the both of 'em, I doubt they've had even half as many series as Transformers.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited December 2018
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned Beast Machines.... Unless you're all including it in the Beast Wars series (which it was an extension of, actually)

I found the lore, the characters and the animation (for its time anyway) to be 2nd only to G1 and Transformers Prime, both of which I rate equally as #1
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    @ScarredArachnid333 Beast Machines may have ruined things for you, but that opening theme was hot s*** in da club!

Seriously, BM isn't for everyone, but man, it really showcased a completely unexpected, dark and realistic take on our character's futures.

Megatron won, ffs.

And the mythology and high brow sci fi was completely appreciated by a college student. No kid gloves, there!
    Megs wrestling with his dark "secret" was super awesome.
    Felt the ending was rushed due to its cancellation.
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited December 2018
    Anyone watch g2? It looks like a toy commercial

Perhaps. But how did they make g2 so bad. Also I'm sure it wouldn't be dead. More like prime, Cybertron, etc would eventually come

Well, by the looks at what this says, Transformers could've faced cancellation:
    (Copy and Paste the whole thing please, including toyline)
    https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Beast_Wars:_Transformers_(toyline)
  • Manthro wrote: »
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned Beast Machines.... Unless you're all including it in the Beast Wars series (which it was an extension of, actually)

I found the lore, the characters and the animation (for its time anyway) to be 2nd only to G1 and Transformers Prime, both of which I rate equally as #1

I have a love/hate relationship with Beast Machines.
    afvap5xcjizv.jpg
    Ugh :s