Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Kabam, you NEED to respond to the community meltdown in some way

NightgauntNightgaunt Posts: 178
edited January 2019 in General Discussion
I understand that you guys aren't really permitted to just go full disclosure on whatever is or isn't happening behind the scenes, but I implore you, you desperately DESPERATELY need to formulate some sort of official response to the concerns in the community that the shutdown of this game is either imminent or incoming. When you announced the generic bot chips, and the end/hiatus to monthly bots, I'm pretty certain that the desired effect wasn't to send the community into the most volatile "the game is dying" meltdown I've ever seen in any game I've played. For all we know, it may be the case that you're taking a few months out to address bugs or work on a major update to the game, or giving us time to upgrade our squads for a new game type, but if this is the case then you have to tell us at least something. Any comment about the impending death of the game in your generic bot chip discussion thread has been flatly ignored, as has any discussion of it elsewhere, and that is worrying the hell out if this community Kabam. If you don't get on top of this fast, whatever big plans you have for the months to come will never see the light of day because your community will have jumped ship and taken their money with them. The quickest way to kill a game is for the community to keep saying the game is dying, and the power is in your hands to address this, Kabam.

@Kabam Miike, @Kabam Vydious, and the other Kabam mods and admins, the floor is yours to tell us something that will put this community at ease.
Tagged:

Comments

• They won't tell us anything, I'm sure we all know that. They'll keep giving the same answer: "We'll say something when we have enough information about it."
  • I will literally cry if Forged to Fight shuts down! I have invested a lot of time and money into this game and I am sure many others have done the same! Do you not realise Kabam that if you had put out the content to keep players interest and fixed the bugs in the game then your gamers community would not be diminishing?
    I realise that there may be issues like licensing that is stopping you from moving forward but you cannot just leave the loyal fans of this game in the dark by leaving us subtle hints and tips!

Do the right thing and let us know!

Regards

A loyal player of Transformers Forged to Fight.
  • VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    Yeah...

db6wzcx9nuby.gif
  • One of my alliance members made a point that the featured bots are on hiatus. This is of course neither confirmed or unconfirmed, but this could mean that FEATURED bots have come to an end, but bots could still be released. Allowing you to say skip Hound but still earn chips towards the next bot.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    One of my alliance members made a point that the featured bots are on hiatus. This is of course neither confirmed or unconfirmed, but this could mean that FEATURED bots have come to an end, but bots could still be released. Allowing you to say skip Hound but still earn chips towards the next bot.

That's EXACTLY what they've said will happen. You aren't exactly revealing anything groundbreaking here by showing us you understand the announcement.

Not sure why you think the FACT that there will be no new bots is neither confirmed nor unconfirmed when it's literally been announced that they have no plans to introduce any new bots in the future.
  • DaveJL wrote: »
    One of my alliance members made a point that the featured bots are on hiatus. This is of course neither confirmed or unconfirmed, but this could mean that FEATURED bots have come to an end, but bots could still be released. Allowing you to say skip Hound but still earn chips towards the next bot.

That's EXACTLY what they've said will happen. You aren't exactly revealing anything groundbreaking here by showing us you understand the announcement.

Not sure why you think the FACT that there will be no new bots is neither confirmed nor unconfirmed when it's literally been announced that they have no plans to introduce any new bots in the future.

Buddy, all it says is "In place of a new Bot released monthly." This does not confirm that new bots will never be in the game again. It just confirms that as of right now there are no plans yet.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited January 2019
    The community is hilariously ignorant, in my opinion.

Every single day since launch there has been no shortage of comments from players claiming this game sucks, they hate it, it's dying, it gonna shutdown, or what have you.

Constant gas thrown on the fire for two years. Now that there is a legitimate possibility all those chicken littles may finally see their daily prediction over the past 730 days come true, everyone is crying.

Kabam doesn't "need" to inform us of anything, no matter how you try and ask them. If the game is getting sunsetted and they inform us, players will stop spending.

If they don't tell us, the rumour mill will stop spending anyway. The whole reason this game may shut down is the lack of spending in the first place, so why would you think the money coming in is of any consequence to them?

Enjoy the game if you love it. Don't pay any mind to anything else.
  • Manthro wrote: »
    The community is hilariously ignorant, in my opinion.

Every single day since launch there has been no shortage of comments from players claiming this game sucks, they hate it, it's dying, it gonna shutdown, or what have you.

Constant gas thrown on the fire for two years. Now that there is a legitimate possibility all those chicken littles may finally see their daily prediction over the past 730 days come true, everyone is crying.

Kabam doesn't "need" to inform us of anything, no matter how you try and ask them. If the game is getting sunsetted and they inform us, players will stop spending.

If they don't tell us, the rumour mill will stop spending anyway. The whole reason this game may shut down is the lack of spending in the first place, so why would you think the money coming in is of any consequence to them?

Enjoy the game if you love it. Don't pay any mind to anything else.

I am with you on that sir. I think these changes are a good thing for the next few months honestly. Give us all time to level and rank current bots, forge and replenish the bots we lost, and just all around get better with the bots we have.

I will continue to play and I honestly do not see why so many are panicking right now.
  • GtronGtron Posts: 117
    Mods aren’t going to respond to worries of game ending. They only respond if yo want to talk about fixing is..mmmmmmmmm
  • @Manthro

I've not been ignorant in the slightest to the constant complaints and claims of the game dying. I've reiterated my point to people several times over the last few months that the quickest way to kill a game is for the community to repeat over and over again that it's dying. Frankly, I didn't think that Kabam owed anyone any reassurances either at that point, and I'm still optimistic that this is simply Kabam repositioning themselves to spend some time fixing bugs or adding a new gametype.

However, about half of the front page of these forums currently comprises of posts related to the impending death of the game. For any newcomer to the game and the community, this is going to be very off-putting, and I'd rather not see one of my favourite games killed off while the devs are taking a break from monthly bots, simply because Kabam failed to respond to the panic in the community, whether that panic is justified or not. I'm just trying to get them to tell us what's happening so my game doesn't die, dude.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Nightgaunt wrote: »
    @Manthro

I've not been ignorant in the slightest to the constant complaints and claims of the game dying. I've reiterated my point to people several times over the last few months that the quickest way to kill a game is for the community to repeat over and over again that it's dying. Frankly, I didn't think that Kabam owed anyone any reassurances either at that point, and I'm still optimistic that this is simply Kabam repositioning themselves to spend some time fixing bugs or adding a new gametype.

However, about half of the front page of these forums currently comprises of posts related to the impending death of the game. For any newcomer to the game and the community, this is going to be very off-putting, and I'd rather not see one of my favourite games killed off while the devs are taking a break from monthly bots, simply because Kabam failed to respond to the panic in the community, whether that panic is justified or not. I'm just trying to get them to tell us what's happening so my game doesn't die, dude.

Whether people are right or wrong about the game dying, what you said in the second paragraph is pretty much the crux right now. Why would anyone spend money or time on this game if they're convinced the game is dying and the developer doesn't care to change their mind?

If people have doubts then Kabam does owe them, the consumers of its product.

• This whole thread has been ignored
  • Sycko5Sycko5 Posts: 206
    The only way they know how to respond is delete threads and comments.
  • Red_Eyes wrote: »
    Nightgaunt wrote: »
    @Manthro

Whether people are right or wrong about the game dying, what you said in the second paragraph is pretty much the crux right now. Why would anyone spend money or time on this game if they're convinced the game is dying and the developer doesn't care to change their mind?

If people have doubts then Kabam does owe them, the consumers of its product.

Agreed 100%! Kabam needs to give us clarity on the future of this game! If they address our concerns and confirm that they simply need time to revamp the game...for example. We can all happily continue playing knowing that new content is being worked on! New players will always join but the foundation of the old players must be strong to attract and keep them.
  • Jscrilla wrote: »
    Tech support is in India, that guy read his response off the wipe board that they prepared in advance.

We are better off if Kabam was in India lol!
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    edited January 2019
    Jscrilla wrote: »
    Tech support is in India, that guy read his response off the wipe board that they prepared in advance.

Probably, the grammar is off.

The feedback and suggestion form is powerful??? Not in my experience.
  • Sorry for typo..dragon dictation sucks
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Kabam is being severely chained up by the master of puppets
  • Joker69Joker69 Posts: 345
    edited January 2019
    Where did u find that?
  • GtronGtron Posts: 117
    @Jscrilla where are you getting confirmation of game shutdown April 2019
  • Kabam Mike: :D
  • I agree that: Kabam needs to respond about this. They need to confirm that they aren't shutting down, and they're working on something or not. Leaving a community to panic and scream over this, doesn't look good.

I don't agree: This game is dying. I used to in the heat of the moment, but I don't now. It will if we keep throwing fuel on the fire though. I want kabam to confirm things for us, but the community will kill this game. I hope kabam says something, I love this game aswell
  • MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    5c7tw6l0rdoc.jpeg
    You know we are asking because we care. We want this game to live again.
  • VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    edited January 2019
    It also affects our choices regarding spending. It’s unethical to sell offers (products) when you know they will only be available for a limited time (expire) @Kabam Miike

Yes, we all understand the game will eventually die, all mobile games do. Also, I know the products we buy all still belong to Kabam. But this is about treating your customers fairly. The way you would want to be treated.

I run a business, I abaise by these rules too, sometimes I feel conflicted but I also have to look myself in the mirror.

I know we all agreed terms of service, but that doesn’t make it anymore ethical.
This discussion has been closed.