Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

BUMBLEBEE Needs Our Help?!?

2»

Comments

• Options
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    And space monkeys/alien squids further enhance the "Bay was respecting Canon!" argument.
    But i draw the line at glasses (Q), and MULLETS

Literally EFF OFF, Bayformers fans.
    Try defending those. 😕

0lwj59hsdq08.jpg
    d0pn05l5jb9j.jpg
    nrzbis6mukh1.jpg

Actually, Jazz did have eyes under his visor, as proven in the comic Target: 2006
  • Options
    BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited December 2018
    @ScarredArachnid333 visor, OK.
    Prescription Glasses.

o1mlyr8tbox6.jpg
    "KILL ME"
  • Options
    Prescription Glasses.

o1mlyr8tbox6.jpg
    "KILL ME"

Yeah, normal glasses don't make sense.

That's what happens when Bay tries to make the Transformers look too human.
  • Options
    ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited January 2019
    Prescription Glasses.

o1mlyr8tbox6.jpg
    "KILL ME"

Yeah, normal glasses don't make sense.

That's what happens when Bay tries to make the Transformers look too human.

We were literally 1 movie away from Bay adding pubes to Megatron and a Windblade with a camel toe that transforms into a robot camel.

Then Travis Knight had to ruin everything by making a QUALITY movie.

Which fans have avoided due to a 200% decrease in viewers' brain cell death.

And Bumblebee was going to become a real bumblebee in the next Bay film.

And Eddie Murphy was going to be the main human character, as a Warlord in Canada with, his royal chair being a Decepticon. Curse you Travis Knigh for s̶a̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ruining the dream. Grrr
  • Options
    Now, let's see what CBR thinks about the Transformers designs.

https://www.cbr.com/transformers-movies-cartoons-things-better/
  • Options
    Sycko5Sycko5 Posts: 206
    I'll watch it ASAP, i love TF
    Gonna see it tomorrow! Happy New Years everybody!
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    AAGZ0921 wrote: »
    Michael Bay was the worst thing ever to happen to the transformers franchise. Also, all his movies you can clearly tell he ignores all forms of counsel from his military advisors. I'm an OEF OIF vet, and my wife hates going to the movies with me, I disect every single thing if is military related. Michael Bay is probably the biggest offender of them all.

Worryingly, there are HUGE numbers of Bayformer cultists that HATE the new movie, citing a lack of T&A, 'plosions and lack of toilet humor.
    This is America today.
    They like Murdermus Prime, and also mock "cute" Bumblebee.
    Actually heard men in their early 30s say Bay did EMOTION better; then cited the RotF scene where Shia LeDouche scolded Bee for blowing up his home, thus making him cry.
    FML

They were also single and hated (well behaved) kids in the cinema.
    And the fact the hero is a GIRL.
    "She wasn't even sexy, what was the point?!?"
    Twunts.
    HAILEE STEINFELD is beyond your wildest dreams.

Are Michael Bay's Transformers movies stereotype fodder for Incells?
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    AAGZ0921 wrote: »
    Michael Bay was the worst thing ever to happen to the transformers franchise. Also, all his movies you can clearly tell he ignores all forms of counsel from his military advisors. I'm an OEF OIF vet, and my wife hates going to the movies with me, I disect every single thing if is military related. Michael Bay is probably the biggest offender of them all.

Worryingly, there are HUGE numbers of Bayformer cultists that HATE the new movie, citing a lack of T&A, 'plosions and lack of toilet humor.
    This is America today.
    They like Murdermus Prime, and also mock "cute" Bumblebee.
    Actually heard men in their early 30s say Bay did EMOTION better; then cited the RotF scene where Shia LeDouche scolded Bee for blowing up his home, this making him cry.
    FML

Possibly just people who think a good film needs to have action and explosions. When films actually need to have more than that. This is why I think Logan was one of the best superhero movies of all time because the movie was centered around the emotional journey of Wolverine and the ending of his tale, not just the action. And of course, why Bumblebee is the best TF movie.
  • Options
    DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Genuinely one of the worst films I have ever seen in my entire life.
  • Options
    AfterburnerAfterburner Posts: 21
    edited January 2019
    You have sold your soul to the devil if you think helping this movie helps the fandom at all. It's time for TransFormers movies, not movies with 5 minutes of TF and 2 hours of some random yellow robot and a guy that looks like Starscream but isn't while some wannabe model attempts to sing.

The only way we actually get something better is to completely break from the current team. The only way that happens is by failure - which this movie appears to have at least achieved a moderate degree of failure. After the last two and how much Paramount is hurting, it hopefully is enough to end this insulting garbage.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    You have sold your soul to the devil if you think helping this movie helps the fandom at all. It's time for TransFormers movies, not movies with 5 minutes of TF and 2 hours of some random yellow robot and a guy that looks like Starscream but isn't while some wannabe model attempts to sing.

The only way we actually get something better is to completely break from the current team. The only way that happens is by failure - which this movie appears to have at least achieved a moderate degree of failure. After the last two and how much Paramount is hurting, it hopefully is enough to end this insulting garbage.

Bit harsh.
    Did you ever read any of the earlier 80s UK weekly comics, or the Ladybird, Big Looker books?
    This movie is pretty much a homage to those G1 stories.
    I felt it was the best possible way to go.
    Couldn't just ignore the Bayformers fans, so they threw in some of the aesthetics and physics as well.
    And Hailee is a multiple award nominated actress.
    We obviously don't deserve her, then.

ax96ibgrlllf.jpg
    lozssax5f9sm.jpg
    fanjefh9zpzp.jpg
    cqh8cha26d3u.jpg
  • Options
    PhatBoy123PhatBoy123 Posts: 1,015

I think Scarred is happy it isn't November XD
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    DaveJL wrote: »

Please explain why.

And don't say "the lead is a female." You'd be surprised how many times I've seen that.
  • Options

Bit surprised by the hate.

The director's a TF fan, and wants to give us more of these

pkaz55e3llu3.jpg
    ycsq0isjkbwx.jpg
    r6ikx63n2v7y.jpg
    8hwdodxtq26i.jpg
    e4pcouys1xlc.jpg
    1cqdg4uwn9uf.jpg
  • Options

Please explain why.

And don't say "the lead is a female." You'd be surprised how many times I've seen that.

It was literally just another Bayformers film.

Big deal, we got to (barely) see some G1 design for about a minute of the entire film. That was probably the most disappointing thing because it was the best thing about the film. It's like they put it there just to put it in a trailer to entice people one last time. Hell, if the Megatron scene was cut to follow Bay canon (Bay was a producer btw so I dunno why people overlooked this as being another Bayformers film) then why didn't the rest of it follow Bay canon? Apparently Bee was on earth for WW2 wasn't he? It's just a load of utter rubbish and they should have just either done a good standalone reboot and not given any nods or respect to the Bayformers canon at all.

There was also just more nonsense with all this emotional rubbish. Cheese galore. Too cliché. It wasn't funny because it felt like the same rubbish humour from the other 5 Michael Bay films (the scene in the house?) and far far too much focus on the human aspect of it (especially the lead) than any decent action. All this face touching heart wrenching anguish etc.

I've no issue with a female lead, but I do have issue with the fact the film is mainly centred around her, her family problems and her dead daddy problems. There was no need for such a large portion of the film to centre around her.

Sorry, but I didn't go to see a film about a girl with dead daddy issues who is scared to go diving, which is oh so convenient for the ending. I went to see a good action film about robots, of which there was very few robots and very little action. The action scenes that were there were ok, the best being the end but even that was a bit repetitive and corny. I do wonder if they set up that final scene JUST so she could do a good ol' dive and get over all of her issues. I mean, what are the chances? Come on. Cringiest thing I've ever seen. That damn salute followed by the wave? COME ON. Bee was literally just shooting those guys a bit earlier. It doesn't make any sense. In fact, there are a few things that don't make any sense, but whatever. They are mainly minor flaws in comparison to the rest of that utter disgrace.

My brothers girlfriend, who doesn't know a thing about Transformers, said she loved it because "it's basically a chick flick isn't it, with a few robots?"
    That's how I knew I wasn't being overly critical.
  • Options
    Bit surprised by the hate.

The director's a TF fan

Shame the production aren't.
  • Options
    Well done, overseas markets!
    Bee coming along nicely, and is STILL to open in JAPAN.

But let's give the lil yellow fella a helping hand.
    Repeat viewings from TF fans stateside will help tremendously.

I NEED THAT CYBERTRON MOVIE
  • Options
    I saw it, and I thought it sucked. I’m old, maybe in the minority, but that’s my opinion. This movie was made for 13 year olds.
  • Options
    Based on article, it has grossed $407 million ($100 million domestically; additional $307 million grossed worldwide).
    https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/bumblebee-solidly-profitable-according-to-viacom-ceo/42748/

I want my Beast Wars movie, but we're not getting it unless Bee does well.
  • Options
    Based on article, it has grossed $407 million ($100 million domestically; additional $307 million grossed worldwide).
    https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/bumblebee-solidly-profitable-according-to-viacom-ceo/42748/

I want my Beast Wars movie, but we're not getting it unless Bee does well.

Even though I highly agree with a Beast Wars movie, I feel like that should be saved for the final phase of the Transformers film saga (if we even get there). It would conclude the ongoing conflict between Maximal/Autobot and Predacon/Decepticon and it'll finally fix Cynertronian society that has been flawed due to the fallout of the Great War.

Or the Maximals and Predacons could still exist in the present day with the Autobots and Decepticons. They'll just be special teams like the Combaticons and Dinobots.
  • Options
    I saw it, and I thought it sucked. I’m old, maybe in the minority, but that’s my opinion. This movie was made for 13 year olds.

13 year old girls. Was a chick flick with more emphasis on the little girls personal problems than anything Cybertronian.
  • Options

13 year old girls. Was a chick flick with more emphasis on the little girls personal problems than anything Cybertronian.

It was an experimental film. I think it went to focus on the girl's problems to see if a Transformers movie on earth could do good since the others didn't. The other Bayformers films did focus on the Cybertronian's problems, how they had to find McGuffins to save their planet (Transformers 1, Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon) and their distrust of humanity (Age of Extinction, the Last Knight). Those films didn't work, so they decided to experiment and make the human have more problems, which made it more of a heartful film.
  • Options
    I'll watch it ASAP, i love TF
    ASAP!
  • Options

It was an experimental film. I think it went to focus on the girl's problems to see if a Transformers movie on earth could do good since the others didn't. The other Bayformers films did focus on the Cybertronian's problems, how they had to find McGuffins to save their planet (Transformers 1, Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon) and their distrust of humanity (Age of Extinction, the Last Knight). Those films didn't work, so they decided to experiment and make the human have more problems, which made it more of a heartful film.

Too much anthropomorphism and too much emphasis on the humans. I think it just needs to be outright action with quality scenes and designs rather than these clichés and new designs and concepts.

Honestly it feels like the robots help the humans eather than the humans help the robots. They should take the animated series and do a live action film based on that.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Too much anthropomorphism and too much emphasis on the humans. I think it just needs to be outright action with quality scenes and designs rather than these clichés and new designs and concepts.

Honestly it feels like the robots help the humans eather than the humans help the robots. They should take the animated series and do a live action film based on that.

No. Not that one. You don't mean the original animated series right? If so, they need to make a MASSIVE redo of the characters and plots. No one what's to see an idiotic Megatron that retreats every 5 seconds. No one wants to see a human go inside a Transformers Body and go on a rampage. They can keep the designs and give everyone a lot more survivability (unlike the other Bay films), but change some plots and some personalities because honestly I give the original show a 4/10 at best. Ignore the flaws and it's a fun show; it's a guilty pleasure.
  • Options
    Just so you guys know, I don't hate G1, I just find it to be a tad bit overrated. I went into the show with HIGH expectations, which is probably why I was surprised to see stuff like this:
    a7svzwkg7f0q.jpg
    These were the episodes that I particularly hated, where Megatron gets some new McGuffin. I hate those episodes the most because it's the same copied and pasted plot with Megatron retreating at the end. But there were great episodes such as the first episode and the Dinobot centered episodes (surprisingly). So I don't hate G1, but there are some flaws I can't go over.