Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

The Best Bot: Tacticial

As JKIN made the best and each class, I decided to help him by putting one more topic.

The Best Bot: Tacticial 48 votes

Optimus G1
56%
DenisCanuck33BotSanicHbomb76PodlecJmdSeb1976Tracked_SignalVavatronSilentHunter2azizin_prime002Jazz444PeasShinokaizokuGrimes79TechnobotOptimalOptimus_MV1EliteDragonFunkie_Yoyohsb13 27 votes
Megatron G1
16%
HrockDaveJLAfterburnerCONTRAGalvatr0n27ScarredArachnid333Sycko5Kitten 8 votes
Dinobot
4%
PhatBoy123tEa 2 votes
Bumblebee
2%
Roosevelt_prime 1 vote
Starscream
6%
Silent_AssassinNorthernLightRCJKIN 3 votes
Cyclonus
12%
NutjobLegacy123BlackRazakTfpsoundwaveAirComm72Zero117V 6 votes
Ultra Magnus
0%
Shartickon Tacticial
2%
Joker69 1 vote

Comments

• Optimus G1
    Og prime all the way
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Megatron G1
    It's Megatron, Starscream, Cyclonus, Ultra Magnus, Prime, Dinobot in that order
  • Megatron G1
    This one is tough. They are all really good except "Bumblebee" who is like a slightly more powerful Scout without Scout abilities. The thing with this class is each of these bots are really good at specific things and specific match ups. They can be utterly dominant in the right setting, or they can have serious liabilities in the wrong setting.

Ultimately I went with Megatron. Used right he's the most powerful, with the most varied abilities and attacks. He stands up better against any random bot than the rest. Ultra Magnus is a very close second. I'm still learning Cyclonus somewhat but he's promising. G1 Prime is amazing for close range and the 2nd special, but if you can't get there you're in trouble. I'm surprised so many vote for him.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    This one is tough. They are all really good except "Bumblebee" who is like a slightly more powerful Scout without Scout abilities. The thing with this class is each of these bots are really good at specific things and specific match ups. They can be utterly dominant in the right setting, or they can have serious liabilities in the wrong setting.

Ultimately I went with Megatron. Used right he's the most powerful, with the most varied abilities and attacks. He stands up better against any random bot than the rest. Ultra Magnus is a very close second. I'm still learning Cyclonus somewhat but he's promising. G1 Prime is amazing for close range and the 2nd special, but if you can't get there you're in trouble. I'm surprised so many vote for him.

What level are you at that you're worrying about whether players can get to Prime's SP2??? Trust me, the good players can get to his SP2 AND SP3 over and over.

I love Megatron, he's my top Tactician and has a great toolkit but the damage Prime can deal at times is astounding.
  • JKINJKIN Posts: 514
    edited January 2019
    Starscream
    I suddenly realized I forgot the Sharkticons in my posts.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Cyclonus
    Ok, GS Megs most probably, but my favorite is the unpredictable Cyclonus.
    Fast, great at dodging attacks, and dishes out a fair amount of melee damage.

Like a fully formed Ramjet, without most the caveats.
    And his SPs work great. And that energy field!
  • NutjobNutjob Posts: 150
    Cyclonus
    It has to be Cyclonus, due to his ability to completely nullify Motormaster's strengths, as well as make the final phase of Primal laughable. His SP1 also cuts nicely through those armour buffs. His SP2 is kind of a waste of time, but SP1 and SP3 are great.

Motormaster is often one of the most overpowered fights in spotlights and AMs. He can wreck a whole team if you're a little unlucky, especially with lag being so common. Once he gets to low health, he can pretty much kill your fully healed bot with a single combo.

Cyclonus is the ultimate insurance.

If the game worked smoothly all the time, maybe I would choose differently, but even just a touch of lag, which is incredibly common, can lead to your demise at the hands of Motormaster.
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    Optimus G1
    No competition besides Megatron (:
    Megatron G1
    Nutjob wrote: »
    It has to be Cyclonus, due to his ability to completely nullify Motormaster's strengths, as well as make the final phase of Primal laughable. His SP1 also cuts nicely through those armour buffs. His SP2 is kind of a waste of time, but SP1 and SP3 are great.

Motormaster is often one of the most overpowered fights in spotlights and AMs. He can wreck a whole team if you're a little unlucky, especially with lag being so common. Once he gets to low health, he can pretty much kill your fully healed bot with a single combo.

If the game worked smoothly all the time, maybe I would choose differently, but even just a touch of lag, which is incredibly common, can lead to your demise at the hands of Motormaster.

You've obviously not experienced the Cyclonus bug where he doesn't stun when MM charges...

Also, time his sp2 to coincide with his melee and ranged buff, then you'll see it's actually his most powerful SP unless you're fighting an armoured op.
  • NutjobNutjob Posts: 150
    Cyclonus
    DaveJL wrote: »

You've obviously not experienced the Cyclonus bug where he doesn't stun when MM charges...

Also, time his sp2 to coincide with his melee and ranged buff, then you'll see it's actually his most powerful SP unless you're fighting an armoured op.

Yes, at times the field doesn't proc when MM attacks. I had put it down to two things: Sometimes if you're a little close he attacks without charging, so hence no unstoppable. The other time seems to be when you dodge. I think if the timing is good on the dodge, the field doesn't proc. It seems to be a penalty for timing it right!

With some experimentation, I find that if you just kind of stand and wait for the charge, it seems to work every time. Therefore, I don't know if it's a bug, or how the mechanics work.
  • Sycko5Sycko5 Posts: 206
    Megatron G1
    For me, it’s mainly a tie between g1 megs and g1 prime. Both are exceptionally good at what they are made for. I’d have to go with g1 megs, as his ability to steal a Buff is what makes mods on master like Relentless Assault irrelevant. OGP synergy and damage is what makes me choose him over
    G1 Megs at times.
    Megatron G1
    DaveJL wrote: »

Yes, at times the field doesn't proc when MM attacks. I had put it down to two things: Sometimes if you're a little close he attacks without charging, so hence no unstoppable. The other time seems to be when you dodge. I think if the timing is good on the dodge, the field doesn't proc. It seems to be a penalty for timing it right!

With some experimentation, I find that if you just kind of stand and wait for the charge, it seems to work every time. Therefore, I don't know if it's a bug, or how the mechanics work.

I just stand and spam ranged shots repeatedly and it seems to work, but I'm pretty sure that's not how it's meant to work!

I've also never understood the other mechanic of nullifying unstoppable with a hit or whatever it is
    edited January 2019
    Starscream
    First of all, thank you, EliteDragon.

Now, the reason I chose Starscream is because of his null Ray. Now, just think about it: How many bots generate tons of buffs, and in Raids and Arena, masteries? How would you like a dupped Starscream on your team that can nullify everything that’s not a debuff, dealing 5x the damage of a regular ranged attack MINIMUM?

Undupped: OP. Very solid bot.
  • Optimus G1
    JKIN wrote: »
    First of all, thank you, EliteDragon.

Now, the reason I chose Starscream is because of his null Ray. Now, just think about it: How many bots generate tons of buffs, and in Raids and Arena, masteries? How would you like a dupped Starscream on your team that can nullify everything that’s not a debuff, dealing 5x the damage of a regular ranged attack MINIMUM?

I am thankful for the opinion and idea. Keep up the incredible post.
    edited January 2019
    Starscream
    Correction to my post:

Now, the reason I chose Starscream is because of his null Ray. Now, just think about it: How many bots generate tons of buffs, and in Raids and Arena, masteries? How would you like a dupped Starscream on your team that can nullify everything that’s not a debuff, dealing the damage of a regular ranged attack + a crit + extra shock damage?

• Joker69Joker69 Posts: 345
    Shartickon Tacticial
    G1 megs for me