Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Bugged Update

Ok I just downloaded a small update a little while ago and been having problems since the download.

1) The size of the download showed as 91mb. But I apparently downloaded 128mb of the 91mb.
2) The game has crashed more than a dozen times since downloading it only a few hours ago. The game crashes right before an arena match starts, and often when doing missions right before a fight.
3) AI lets arena and special mission opponents pretty much do whatever they want to do, regardless of what I do. Examples include, but are not limited to: Activating a special attack WHILE stunned, ignoring me blocking while they dash in and combo me, not getting hit while standing STILL (and not using evade!), sidestepping 3-4 times PER basic ranged attack I make and including sidestepping back into the path of my ranged attacks and still not getting hit by them, initiating a block while I'm already 2-3 hits on them in a combo, counterattacking me while I'm still in a special attack despite being hit by the special attack, and my favorite--them doing more damage than me with basic and ranged attacks despite me having an attack rating 2-4 times higher than them and a power rating anywhere from 500-2,000 or so higher than them, and so much more! This isn't bitching because I'm outclassed or something, and I know these gripes come up here and there, but this is pretty much during every fight since this update.
4) And now, its crashing and reloading in the middle of fights!
Tagged:

Comments

• Yesterday the game runs well but today, after update, the miss commands returns...
  • Hey @Halloweendm,

Our team is investigating these issues right now. Could you tell me what device you're experiencing this on?
  • ktomovktomov Posts: 216
    edited January 2019
    counterattacking me while I'm still in a special attack despite being hit by the special attack

That exact same thing happened to me today and I thought I was going crazy. After launching Shockwave SP1 and he hit Mixmaster with his blaster, while the animation of shooting was going, Mixmaster launched SP2 on me. My jaw dropped.

• BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Extra laggy and more freezes since the Jan 7, 2018 update on these devices:

Motorola moto c plus, MT6737, 2-16GB, Android 7.0

Motorola moto e⁴ plus, MT6737, 3-32GB, Android 7.1.2

Motorola moto X⁴, SD630, 6-64GB, Android 9.0

BUT NOT ON

Motorola Moto Z2F, SD835, 6-128GB, Android 8.1.0

Motorola e5 plus, SD425, 3-32GB, Android 8.0

Motorola moto M, Helio P15, 4-32GB, Android 7.0

@Kabam Miike
  • STRaiGHTiLLa78STRaiGHTiLLa78 Posts: 7
    edited January 2019
    I too have been having issues since the update on January 9th when the kabam logo changed.

I can’t start a battle in any mode because the game freezes during the loading screen. It also freezes when I go to the bot level up screen which is frustrating because it’s during the bot level and rank up alliance event.

I tried reinstalling the game which I thought worked at first because I got past the loading screen to a battle but nothing was working right (couldn’t attack, shots from the enemy were freezing midair, power bars were glitched) and the game froze a few seconds later. Then it was back to freezing during loading screens after that

I play on an iPhone 6 model A1586
  • Iphone 8 plus
  • Hey @Halloweendm,

Our team is investigating these issues right now. Could you tell me what device you're experiencing this on?

iPad Mini 2, w/all latest updates and OS in place.

I also still have my old phone, LG Stylo 2, which plays infinitely worse, but now its like infinitely worse X2 on that thing. The only reason I even keep the game on the phone is for purchases. For whatever reason, Apple likes to deny most in-game purchases I try to make, but no problem with that on Android.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    The interface text is still garbaged MSID_XXXX thing since JF month. Either in English or Chinese.
  • Electra99Electra99 Posts: 14
    edited January 2019
    I too have been having issues since the update on January 9th when the kabam logo changed.

I can’t start a battle in any mode because the game freezes during the loading screen.
    Similar problem- can’t play. My game crashes in every fight— starting today Jan 10 with download of new update. Usual troubleshooting has not improved issue. I have an an iphone6 with latest iOS. I will keep trying, and hope it resolves. Fingers crossed!
  • dndelidndeli Posts: 2
    Iphone 7, latest os,

Since the addition of the generic bot chips, I've been having crashes and probably corrupt files occurring. Crashes during ad views (either 5 energon or 9 energy ads), and during the start of fights. AI seems to be draining more resources as the phone is getting hotter. I think the equivalent .ini files that stores achievements and the like through the iOS game center keep getting corrupted as I receive notifications for unlocking the same stuff such as team power achievements. In the past week, I've had the game center ask me to fill the password to my apple account multiple times, usually during a fight in any mode.
  • On a Moto G6 (4GB RAM) variant, running Android Oreo with November 1, 2018 update.

Even with reboot and clearing the cache.
  • I’m having the same crashing issues as everyone is mentioning! I’m playing on an iPhone 6 Plus on the latest iOS and I can’t enter any of the fight modes. It crashes EVERY time I try. I was able to start the alliance mission and move to a fight, but crashed 3 times in a row trying to start the match. Please help. Alliance is talking about kicking inactive participants
  • I’m having the same problem to
  • JKINJKIN Posts: 514
    Ok I just downloaded a small update a little while ago and been having problems since the download.

1) The size of the download showed as 91mb. But I apparently downloaded 128mb of the 91mb.

Okay, let me just say this once and for all: It's normal for extra MB to load.

Sometimes, after an update, when I am forced to download assets, I have to load 200MB more than what they show me, which is usually 500-600 MB
  • It may be normal for Kabam, but I've never heard of it happening with other updates like that. Also, don't go out of your way for me. I don't need you telling me anything "once and for all", I've never discussed anything with you before now as far as I remember. You wanna just say 'hey, sometimes downloads have extra assets' or something, cool, but you're coming off as a jerk not an expert at anything.

And, your comments aside, 128mb of a 91mb download IS something wrong. And mentioning that adds to all the other things that are wrong since that update. Kabam has a lot to fix, and accurate download numbers is just one more thing on their list.
  • The same has been on my iPhone 5. Maybe I’m just out of date.
  • Because of this update.... I couldn’t open any game modes.... the game crashes constantly when I enter AM or Other missions.... I couldn’t play AM for two days....
  • Miss commands on all fights and overheating (a lot).
    Almost impossible to play!
  • Having the issues on iPad mini 3 and iPhone 6s
  • tEatEa Posts: 65
    Anyone who’s been playing a while know there’s always new glitches with new updates. It’s the Kabam way of life.
  • tEa wrote: »
    Anyone who’s been playing a while know there’s always new glitches with new updates. It’s the Kabam way of life.
    One or a few minor things are to be expected, but this update is causing near-constant crashes! That's a little more serious than a few weird things that usually come with updates.

@Halloweendm it’s no where near as bad as the Megatronus update. Still sucks though
  • @tEa how bad was the Megatronus update? Because this update made the game completely unplayable for me. Game doesn’t just freeze sometimes, it’s EVERY time. I’m missing out on arenas, couldn’t get more signatures for item use AE because of it. Can’t help my ally’s in AMs, can’t do raids and I’m losing time to complete all the spotlights. I haven’t been able to start a battle for the last 3-4 days.
  • lightningbaronlightningbaron Posts: 595
    edited January 2019
    Granted the app has gotten more prone to bugs and crashes, it amazes me how many people are trying to run this game on antiquated Apple hardware with minimal RAM and expects the game not to crash. :lol:
  • In case this helps anyone (disclaimer- it may not help) ...I just updated my device from iPhone6 to iph8+, which resolved the unplayable fight-load crash bug I had since last week. Nothing else worked. I can play again!: Me Grimlock happy:).
    Granted the app has gotten more prone to bugs and crashes, it amazes me how many people are trying to run this game on antiquated Apple hardware with minimal RAM and expects the game not to crash. :lol:

I use iPhone X & still have plenty of problems. As game grows some devices will become obsolete, but it’s not all hardware. There plenty of software issues
  • @Kabam Miike is there a solution coming up for this? It’s been 4 days and I missed my AM completely
  • I’ve missed out on a bunch of arenas, and I’m in danger of being kicked out of my alliance because I can’t participate in the weekend AMs with all the crashing. I love this game and would like to continue playing. All I’m needing right now is assurance that the bugs are being looked into and not ignored.
  • P.S. I was a big fan and regular player of Star Wars Uprising and I’m really hoping that these glitches aren’t a sign that TFTF is going in the same direction as Uprising and being dumped
  • Ditto here.

Since the in-game update (not App store update), this great game has been practically unplayable. It crashes out to the phone home screen so frequently. Whilst it used to do this maybe every 50 fights or so for me, now its every 2 or 3! And it's doing it all over the place, rather than just towards the end of loading the combat arena. Pretty random, typically some sort of transition, accessing bot screen etc.

Severe frustrations -
    1. Playing with boosts active, I wasted more than half my boost time on re-loading the game between crashes.
    2. The game is now crashing out actually in combat, usually just as the first move is made. The downside here is that it is treated as a 'quit' and your bot forfeits 50% health when you reload. I was grinding a mission with more than double the recommended rating, and couldn't complete due to numerous crashes.
    3. Now I can't confirm this last point, but I think it's still using up device resources whilst idle. I say this as twice now recently I've woken up do a dead (out of charge) phone, having fallen asleep playing the game.

Device is Apple iPhone 6 running iOS 12.1.2

This game was running totally fine on this phone and iOS ver before the update to game version 876688, where the Kabam logo changed. This is not a hardware issue, it is a buggy update that's been released into the wild.

Another odd thing to note. To eliminate memory/processes as a factor, I shut down my phone and restarted. probably for the first time since this update. On relaunching the game, I had notifications all over the place. All my bots were flagged as 'New' (though points/ranks unchanged. I had 13 new Raid warnings, but they were all historical events. All crystals, store, achievements & missions were reset to 'new' (green star).

I've endured the occasional buggy version before but this time its far more than a mere annoyance.