Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Monthly Objectives - If already done?

2»

Comments

• VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    edited January 2019
    From support:

Hello Commander,

Thank you for reaching us about your concern regarding the Monthly Objective rewards. I totally understand your confusion about this matter since you already have a 5-Star Jazz but still unable to unlock the rewards. Upon checking, do know that you can receive the rewards intended for the acquisition of a 5-Star Jazz if the bot is acquired within the event duration.

But I believe that he has been earned prior to this Monthly Event. With that instance, you will be unable to receive the rewards unless you duplicate the bot. I hope that this adds clarification regarding this inquiry. We will appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter. Should you have further concerns, please reach us at any time.

Best regards,

Mario
    Kabam Support

@Kabam Miike ?

It can’t be both!

k216jysju30b.png
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited January 2019
    Vavatron wrote: »
    From support:

Hello Commander,

Thank you for reaching us about your concern regarding the Monthly Objective rewards. I totally understand your confusion about this matter since you already have a 5-Star Jazz but still unable to unlock the rewards. Upon checking, do know that you can receive the rewards intended for the acquisition of a 5-Star Jazz if the bot is acquired within the event duration.

But I believe that he has been earned prior to this Monthly Event. With that instance, you will be unable to receive the rewards unless you duplicate the bot. I hope that this adds clarification regarding this inquiry. We will appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter. Should you have further concerns, please reach us at any time.

Best regards,

Mario
    Kabam Support

@Kabam Miike ?

It can’t be both!

k216jysju30b.png

Yes it can.

You will retroactively receive the rewards for bringing those bots to rank 2 prior to this event if you've already drawn one and leveled it, since you can't do that again.

However, in order to get the rewards for actually obtaining the bot you have to obtain one during this event, which you can, in fact, do by drawing a duplicate.

The wording of those rewards is very specific "get 5* Motormaster/Bludgeon/Jazz DURING this event".
    m8y4xb6z0cnb.png
    Manthro wrote: »
    From support:

Hello Commander,

Best regards,

Mario
    Kabam Support

@Kabam Miike ?

It can’t be both!

k216jysju30b.png

Yes it can.

You will retroactively receive the rewards for bringing those bots to rank 2 prior to this event.

However, in order to get the rewards for actually obtaining the bot, you have to obtain one during this event.

The wording of those rewards is very specific "get 5* Motormaster/Bludgeon/Jazz DURING this event".

That sucks, so punished for buying a $100 crystal deal?!
    edited January 2019
    @Kabam Miike explain to me how it makes sense that I’ll complete every objective this month except for getting 5 Star Jazz, while he sits in my inventory because I bought him from an exclusive 1-time offer?

Edit: @Manthro I think you might be wrong. Spoke to folks (Top Tier players) on Line, everyone is under the impresssion (as was I) that the 5 star Objectives will be retro awarded manually.

If that’s not true, there are going to be a lot of upset players.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited January 2019
    m8y4xb6z0cnb.png
    Manthro wrote: »
    From support:

Hello Commander,

Best regards,

Mario
    Kabam Support

@Kabam Miike ?

It can’t be both!

k216jysju30b.png

Yes it can.

You will retroactively receive the rewards for bringing those bots to rank 2 prior to this event.

However, in order to get the rewards for actually obtaining the bot, you have to obtain one during this event.

That sucks, so punished for buying a $100 crystal deal?!

How are you being punished? It doesn't cost you any more or less bot chips/money to get the bots from the store.

This is going to happen to all players as these events roll on every month, since many of us will already have the featured 5* bots in our roster already.

It sucks, yes... But it is going to affect all players eventually
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited January 2019
    It does say during the event, where the characters are the highlight. I believe nobody got their monthly awards when they got Megatronous early (remember that offer?).
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    So Miike was saying the retro reward applies only to the "5* re-featured to rank 2" objective, but not "get a 5* re-featured" one?
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    @Kabam Miike explain to me how it makes sense that I’ll complete every objective this month except for getting 5 Star Jazz, while he sits in my inventory because I bought him from an exclusive 1-time offer?

Edit: @Manthro I think you might be wrong. Spoke to folks (Top Tier players) on Line, everyone is under the impresssion (as was I) that the 5 star Objectives will be retro awarded manually.

Then they can’t read. Just because you thought it was worth money to gamble on a pool of bots doesn’t mean you should be rewarded twice. Are the rewards poorly constructed, yes probably. But as Manthro said it will likely affect everyone at some point. It’s pretty clear that Kabam doesn’t think everyone should be getting all the objectives. You’d think all the “top tier” players would learn by now when the decision to open your wallet is yours alone.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    My understanding is same as Manthro’s. You can’t R2 the same bot if you have already R2 him before, so they will manually adjust and give those out. However you can, and you need to, pull 5* Jazz/ Bludgeon/ MM again during this event to get that other objective. Otherwise, most people would already have 3* or 4* versions of these bots but I don’t think everyone would automatically get the respective objectives’ rewards.
  • JKINJKIN Posts: 514
    edited January 2019
    I forged about 50% of all my 3*s into my 4*s.

Just... an unrelated side note here. Don't mind me.
  • Vavatron wrote: »

Getting a 5* MM/ Blud/ Jazz is possible during this event. Whether it's your first one or duping the bot. It is possible to get one.

The problem with R2 of 5* is that you can't go back and redo it; Nor can you forge the bot away to open that option.
    Kabam recognizes this issue and are willing to manually reward those that already have an R2 version of the featured bot.