Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Is Primal Good?

I just got Primal as a 5*, is he good?

Is Primal Good? 26 votes

Yes
65%
Faithz17Hbomb76Tracked_SignalBlack_ThoughtMr_WonderfulOprime3rdVavatronRoosevelt_primeSilentHunter2Chrome2279ScarredArachnid333KittenBi1b0BagginsCarrotBoy2khsb13Euler314Hijacker2531 17 votes
No
3%
Funkie_Yoyo 1 vote
Well, that's just Prime.
30%
Joker69SparkShredderserdoodDaveJLOptimalOptimus_MV1Sycko5mac10smg_ToaOfGreenJKIN 8 votes

Comments

• Yes
    Some notes on Primal:

1. Primal is required for Beast Wars synergy, which is FANTASTIC for dealing with DOTs.

2. If you can awaken his signature, Primal heals when a bleed expires...and with BW synergy, it expires as soon as you use a heavy attack. On Harm Accelerator base nodes, if you start below 100% health then you can repair health at the start of the fight.

3. Primal is good for dealing with the ubiquitous Nanojack on a Harm Accelerator. The initial HA bleed (which you can immediately purify) adds a bleed effect to Primal's SP1, helping you get through Jack's shields.

4. Primal's critical armor makes him decent against Scouts as well as Warriors.

5. Primal's heavy is weird; it's ranged but counts as melee, so it can trigger some effects as if you struck the enemy with a melee attack. (It also temporarily removes your critical armor, so use the heavy sparingly against Scouts.)

6. Primal has a strong but unreliable SP2. The first attack can miss even when the enemy is recovering from your combo, and then you lose the rest of the attack. It's a longstanding bug.
  • ReworkRework Posts: 122
    Some notes on Primal:

4. Primal's critical armor makes him decent against Scouts as well as Warriors.

And Demo bots. I've withstood SP3s from Ironhide and Megatron with very little damage.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Yes
    I love the fact that his heavy counts as melee yet I can stand far far away. So it works great against those mods that require a melee hit to reset the timer.
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    Yes
    Some notes on Primal:

6. Primal has a strong but unreliable SP2. The first attack can miss even when the enemy is recovering from your combo, and then you lose the rest of the attack. It's a longstanding bug.

You are dead-on with all of these points.

Every single AM fight with Primal misses SP2, except for when you finish a combo with the opponent against the wall. It is comical because even when the opponent is still stunned from the combo attack, it will still miss. Even crazier is that sometimes the AI will block the 2nd and 3rd hits of the sp2, but then try to sidestep and get caught with the 4th hit, almost like it feels bad that the 1st hit didn't connect.
  • Jay32Jay32 Posts: 169
    If you finish your combo with a light attack he won't miss his sp2.
    Yes
    Jay32 wrote: »

Thanks, I'll be sure to try it. Going to be hard to break the habit, though.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Jay32 wrote: »

I medium combo into S2 all the time without any issue.

Once in a blue moon it might miss, but I haven't experienced this issue in a long time. May affect different devices to varying degrees.. who knows.
    Yes
    I wonder if the medium hit knocks them back further than the light hit does?
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    edited January 2019
    Well, that's just Prime.
    I wonder if the medium hit knocks them back further than the light hit does?

I think there is a difference in recovery after a light and medium too. So not sure if it's something to do with the sp just launching quicker and thus the model hasn't moved as far from the hitbox than it would have done after the medium attack delay.

I find if you delay launching the sp2 for a moment then it solves the missed hit issue. Same applies to Ramjet sp2 as well.

Would be interesting to see the push back effect from a light or medium ending attack though.