Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

How about Reskins?

VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
edited January 2019 in General Discussion
Hey @Kabam Miike ,

While new content is on hold, particularly new bots, can you add some Reskins? That would be a particularly fun idea for a event, like Bee’s Gauntlet.

Something like The Golden Lagoon:

18y27pq4hy9f.jpeg

...it’s not that big a stretch for Kabam.

ruwgnlnpykek.jpeg

Comments

• VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    ...and this is not Character Suggestion, it’s Content Suggestion!
  • Kabam just needs to let us paint our own bots. I want to paint Tactician OP in white, so I can get my Ultra Magnus.
  • It would be cool of they had color pallets/skins for each bot. Some could be references to other characters, some could be original. Kind of like Super Smash Bros or Marvel vs Capcom.

Only problem is that if we do that with characters like Statscream, then Skywarp and Thundercracker would remain skins.
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    If we're not getting new characters then... NEMESIS PRIME (G1 & Mv)
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    If the game ships with a skin system on the first day, Kabam will get enough money so that this kind of thread never comes out.
  • JKINJKIN Posts: 514
    No. Just no.
  • tEatEa Posts: 65
    Bots in fights are often metallic instead of painted. By glitch not design. I think I’d rather see Kabam spend time & resources on other things like fixing glitches or actually doing a real revamp like they promised
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 629
    JKIN wrote: »
    No. Just no.

Why? It will resolve people asking for the same bots from different universes. You are acting like it is a stupid idea. I believe it will be a good idea.

It was too late for that anyways because we started with 2 different optimuses.
    No. Just no.
  • MarkxMarkx Posts: 21
    They could also make their own Transformer
  • They could even make an entire story arc with this involving the shattered glass dimension!
  • My opinion on this is that this is an epic idea!!!
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    No. Just no.

Why? It will resolve people asking for the same bots from different universes. You are acting like it is a stupid idea. I believe it will be a good idea.

Well, I would expect the benefit of having the same bot from different universes is then having differing abilities. But no new bots... :(

Personally, I don’t see the point. It’s still the same bot with the same abilities, but just looks different. I’m not totally against the idea, though, just wished we’d get new bots.

And yes, I’d probably customize a bot or two.
  • VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    TBH I'll take repaints over nothing.
    Some ideas off the top of my head.
    G1 Optimus Prime > Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, Shattered Glass OP, Toxitron
    Grimlock > G2 Grimlock
    Dinobot > Beast Wars Grimlock
    Soundwave > Soundblaster
    Prowl > Streetwise
    Starscream > Any Seeker
    Jazz > Ricochet
    Bumblebee > Cliffjumper
    Sideswipe > Red Alert
    Mirage > Dragstrip
    Wheeljack > Slicer
    Kickback > Ransack

Great post. Awesome tag for you @Barricade1776
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    edited January 2019
    I'd paint OP Prime black with a quickness. I love Nemesis Prime
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited January 2019
    This would've worked with Seekers,
    Prowl-Bluestreak-Smokescreen, Megs-Armada Megs-Hero Megs, too!
    There, instant 9 new characters.
    No hardcore coding or work necessary.

Like Street Fighter 2 Turbo Edition.

They could've even milked Prime G1 to death.
    Pepsi, Bathing Ape, Gold, etc.
    Sheesh, what a missed opportunity.

No. Just no.

Actually, this is a great idea. I don’t know what I was thinking when I posted that.
  • JKIN wrote: »
    No. Just no.

Actually, this is a great idea. I don’t know what I was thinking when I posted that.

Oh really?
    No. Just no.

Oh really?

Yeah! This would add a lot of new skins and cosmetics, which would be a win-win for both Kabam and us, and then that would be like new bots, kinda.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Literally sneak in a black Optimus, call him Nemesis, make him a demo, hurrah Kabam!

For a company working with Hasbro, they really really really haven't gotten the hang of this repaint business
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    Literally sneak in a black Optimus, call him Nemesis, make him a demo, hurrah Kabam!

For a company working with Hasbro, they really really really haven't gotten the hang of this repaint business

Hahahahahahahaha
    I didnt use caps because of how true this is.
    Hahahahaha
  • JKIN wrote: »
    No. Just no.

Oh really?

Yeah! This would add a lot of new skins and cosmetics, which would be a win-win for both Kabam and us, and then that would be like new bots, kinda.

Maaaaaagic!