Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Wondering why I can't Rank-Up these bots any further.

I'm pretty new to the game, and have been trying to find the answer to this:

Once I get a bot to [for example] RANK 2/3, and then max it out to LEVEL 20/20, why can't I upgrade it to the next rank?

As you'll see in the screenshots attached, I seem to have the sparks & gold to Rank-up this Rhinox, but the upgrade button at the bottom is faded out.

I assume there's some requirement I'm not aware of.

36vc0vk2pssk.jpg

I'm also trying to figure out what the icon on my top-3 bots is indicating, on this second picture. I can't upgrade any of those, so I assume it's related.

Thanks in advance for the help!

2b5b8lhnaj2q.jpg
Tagged:

Comments

• VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    edited January 2019
    You don’t have the T1 Basic Sparks to do it.

ei18h8l8ea1k.jpeg
  • Ohh, I thought the Tech Spark could be used instead. Do I need both?
    Or what's the purpose of the class specific sparks?
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    Ohh, I thought the Tech Spark could be used instead. Do I need both?
    Or what's the purpose of the class specific sparks?

you need both.

Basic sparks are the generic sparks that you'll need for any bots.

Each bots belongs to a certain class, so you'll need those specific class sparks.

What's the purpose? - so you have to play the game and earn different resources. As you level up onto higher Starred bots, there will be a third spark, called alpha sparks. And each type of spark have their own level called Tiers. They do get easier to earn as you go up in level and join a good alliance. Part of the grind
  • Thank you so much for the detailed explanation -- that all makes sense now.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    edited January 2019
    I'm also trying to figure out what the icon on my top-3 bots is indicating, on this second picture. I can't upgrade any of those, so I assume it's related.

Thanks in advance for the help!

2b5b8lhnaj2q.jpg

That arrow icon means your bots are level maxed and needs a rank up (where those sparks come to play)....for example, that Rhinox is maxed at rank 2 and needs a rank 3 for further leveling. The easiest way to tell if you can rank up your bot is by that icon. If you have enough spark resources, that icon will glow. Right now, it's dark so you don't have enough sparks.

Once you fully rank up and level your bot, that bot will have a blue star icon.