Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Need some help understanding the best approach for setting up my base defense..

This is a tricky question, not really about setting up my base defense. I just recall reading somewhere that the more raid chips you have, the more you will get raided? Is this true?

I need to know this because what I wanted to do is level up all my base defenders, get around a 4,000 - 5,000 base defense. But I don't want to drive away possible raiders with a high defense.

I can't earn raid chips through raids. I just can't do raids anymore. All the game offers me are 6,000+ matches, over and over. I can only win a raid if the defense rating is around 3,000 - 4,000, spread evenly among the defenders, none of this 1,000+ rating in the center points bullcrap.

This is due to excessive loading times between battles when I raid, and my bots are not strong enough yet to handle anyone over an 800 level very quickly. I know part of this is my skill, but this is not really a question of my skill. When fighting a bot at a level of 800 or more you have to have a bot around the same level, or its hits do little damage, and as soon as the higher level bot pulls off a special, you're dead.

So the only way I can stock up on raid chips is through defending successfully and away missions. I just need to know if the frequency of raiding is in some way determined by how many raid chips you have. If it is then I can make my base as strong as I like. But if players are doing the same thing I do and simply skipping high level defenses, then I have to set everything up for that.

Appreciate your help with this!

Comments

• KennyKenny Posts: 309
    Sorry to tell you, but defending is next to impossible. Good luck there.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    I think you're overthinking this.

As far as I know, the amount of chips you have has zero influence on how much you get raided, so don't worry about that.

If we're talking strictly defense, I would focus on bots and mods and coming up with good pairings for them.

Place your best defenders on the middle nodes with mods that make sense for them. On the last node an often popular mod has been an awakened Nightbird's Mark, the higher the sig the better. The reason behind that being most of the raider's bots will be beat up by the time it gets to the last node and the Nightbird mod gives instant death to bots who are below a certain amount of health.

Maybe a better approach would be to just screen shot your bots and mods and folks on here can help you out.

In terms of raiding offensively, you probably just need more time to develop the skills needed to take a 6000 base. The best of us in this game started in the same spot you are, so don't get discouraged, just keep practicing and you'll get better. It's all repetition and muscle memory and whatnot anyway, so the more you do it, the better you get.
  • When pairing you with an opponent, the game picks opponents with a similar number of medals to you.

The frequency with which you get attacked corresponds roughly to how often you raid someone else. A few hours after you stop actively raiding, the system begins to select you as a raid target less often. After a long enough cooldown (24 hours?), attacks on your base mostly stop.

The only time raid chips enter the equation is if you have zero chips. This *seems* (based on a couple of experiences) to stop raids on your base, but I can't be sure about that.
  • MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    Recipe for a good base defence = 5* Megatronous + 4* Robot resource mod, add another 4s Megatronous + 3* RR mod, a sprinkle of 5* and 4s Wheeljack with HA mods.
    Garnish with Scorponoks with tech mods.
    If you don't have all of those ingredients your base defence won't stop anyone.
  • LOL, I just fought a Scorponok on a tech mod for the first time yesterday and HOLY COW DO I EVER HATE THAT GUY.
  • tEatEa Posts: 65
    Lots of different ways, but good players will always beat you. I go for gold income
  • m00nshinem00nshine Posts: 189
    nd8chogz8d3l.jpg
    Tech mod makes for looong raid fightsfz29kw9n6sk1.jpg
  • JKINJKIN Posts: 514
    Synthwave wrote: »

As far as I know, the amount of chips you have has zero influence on how much you get raided, so don't worry about that.

Actually, when you Raid you steal the opponent’s Raid Chips, so when others Raid you and it’s successful you get chips stolen from you.
  • Synthwave wrote: »
    The frequency with which you get attacked corresponds roughly to how often you raid someone else.

I noticed these in mine. There are times that I sit on 100K chips without getting touched. And then there are times I only have 10K and get raided nonetheless.

It seems I get offered for raiding when I do raid/defense related activities. This includes raiding someone, making changes on my base (rearranging, upgrading, etc.) and spending chips. Those last two I'm not too sure about, but it seems to be the case.
  • JKINJKIN Posts: 514
    JKIN wrote: »
    Synthwave wrote: »

Actually, when you Raid you steal the opponent’s Raid Chips, so when others Raid you and it’s successful you get chips stolen from you.

Oh, I see what you mean now. Okay, I’m not wrong but I’m not right either.
  • Funkie_YoyoFunkie_Yoyo Posts: 33
    edited January 2019
    You'll used a raid ticket to entry a raid event, it's like you've entered 1 ticket into the raid pool, the more you raid, the more entries you've entered, this will also means higher chance you'll be raided. The raid medal is to determine your opponent, someone with a similar level of raid medal. Raid chips have no relevance on the number of times you'll be raided.
  • Kenny wrote: »
    Sorry to tell you, but defending is next to impossible. Good luck there.

I have 3 or 4 successful defenses so far.
  • DreamBlissDreamBliss Posts: 107
    edited January 2019
    OK, thank you all for clearing this up for me. I haven't followed anyone's guides or anything for my setup. But I may now move my NightBird's Mark to the final position. I have it paired with a 3-star, awakened Arcee. With all my pairings I go by how the bot fights when I have fought with it, or using it, and what it's specials are on awakening. As I said in my reply above, I have something like 3 or 4 successful defenses. I have no relics in place yet and am saving up for some.

It sounds like the more you raid, the more you get raided. So if I don't raid, I will likely not be raided very much if at all. That doesn't work for me. I need to either be actively and successfully attacking or defending. So I guess I will level up my base defenders and mods a bit more, and power up some of my better bots to create a sort of 4,000 - 6,000 level strike force. If my raiding bots are level 1,500+ I should be able to handle whatever ridiculous pairings the game gives me.

I'll power up my 4-star Megatron, 4-star Hot Rod, 4-star Hound and 4-star Bumblebee. Between these and my almost fully powered up 3-star Jetfire I should be able to attempt these 6,000+ level raids. But I am SOOooo tired of the game telling me I failed, when the time ran out on me, or the game glitched whenever I launched an attack, or my bots fail to respond to my commands and get KO'd. I guess I will just have to swallow the losses, and simply exit if it is obvious I can not win due to excessive loading or too high level bots.

Kabam really should rework the raiding system. Maybe give 10 raids to choose from at various levels of defense, from low to high, so a guy like me can pick the one he wants.
  • As you successfully raid and your medal count goes up, tougher players will attack your base.
    Consensus around here is that your base defense cannot win that arms race.

But! Losing a defense has a benefit: it lowers your medal count, which in turn means that your attacking team will be matched against less powerful players. Lose more defenses = win more attacks, in general.

If you're going for medal count achievements or store purchases that are gated behind medal count, make a push to hit that target number and then let the medal count drop back down again. It's not worth stressing over. Over time, as the strength of your raid team increases, your baseline medal count will climb organically along with it.
  • MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    If you are a new player don't spend too much on base defence. Your resources are more useful in ranking up your best bot teams for AM and raid attack.
    When we talk about defence being impossible, we are talking about when your raid medals are about 2000 and above
  • I wonder why successful defenses are harder at 2000+ but doable at 800+? Is that because if you have 2000+ medals, you will be paired with 2000+ medal users, who have incredibly strong offensive teams?

Boy I wish some of these mechanics Kabam has in place were detailed, in plain English, somewhere. I'm the kind of player that wants to understand how everything works so he can use it to his advantage. Knowledge is power and all that...
  • Raids are harder at higher levels because there’s hard counters to most bot and mod combos, paired with high player skill it makes a mockery of the raid system.

High end raid defence is useless because everyone just strolls through your base anyway. Very few bot/mod combos out there are actually effective at keeping a good player away from your chips
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Raids are harder at higher levels because there’s hard counters to most bot and mod combos, paired with high player skill it makes a mockery of the raid system.

High end raid defence is useless because everyone just strolls through your base anyway. Very few bot/mod combos out there are actually effective at keeping a good player away from your chips

Felt that way after 1st month and 1.5K base.
    Still feel that way after 9 months and 20K base.
    Guarantee I'll STILL feel that way after 1yr and 25K base.

YOU WILL GET RAIDED.

As long as it's not by some guy with a 800Pi squad and no damage taken, I'm fine with that!
  • tEatEa Posts: 65
    I’ve successfully raid 50K bases with 14K squad. Not much you can do to stop, especially when you get raided 1.5 times an hour. Raid system definitely needs tweaking. Go for gold income, I’ve posted before I know.