Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Do you feel let down so far by the “revamped” monthly achievements & Arenas

tEatEa Posts: 65
edited January 2019 in General Discussion
Let me be clear of my intentions here. This is not a complaint fest, but to get general consensus of how players feel the direction the game is going. When they announced the changes they talked about revamping monthlies like it was going to make up for everything. Personally I’m feeling let down. It’s nice to be able to get 5*s from the store. With 3 I was hoping the “revamping” meant we were going to get more bot chips, doesn’t look like it. I play many hours, more than most. I find it almost impossible to afford 1 5* let alone 3. Just my honest opinion.

Do you feel let down so far by the “revamped” monthly achievements & Arenas 49 votes

Yes, I do feel let down & wish they would make more Bot Chips available to earn.
91%
Silent_AssassinCanuck33Joker69MallowmanMufc14FlrsbwRaptor22M00NHrockParadoxFuryBarricade_2017LouCypherserdoodAnakinPrimeJmdDaveJLbishawaSeb1976Tracked_Signalobidavekenobi 45 votes
No, I’m satisfied that they have made enough adjustments for the loss of new BOTM
8%
KillMasterCSwipeprimeVoltronZero117V 4 votes

Comments

• JKINJKIN Posts: 514
    Yes, I do feel let down & wish they would make more Bot Chips available to earn.
    Im in the middle, but the monthly objectives definitely need an improvement.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    No, I’m satisfied that they have made enough adjustments for the loss of new BOTM
    I'm enjoying peace.
  • JKINJKIN Posts: 514
    ktomov wrote: »
    With all the new monthly objectives I've expected increase in bot week arena and that didn't happened.

The extreme grind fest is not worth it. Doing 1.5 mil points at least for me equals 2 series of 90 fights. That's 180 fights or 4 hours of playing, for 10k bot chips. Just got 2 away missions where I've done nothing and got the same amount of chips. So yeah, arena rewards needs to be at least doubled.

So, so, so true.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Sad sad sad amount.
    @ktomov hit the nail on the head perfectly.
    The total (w/o rank rewards) of bot shards this week is 94.5K.
    And the new 5* bots in the event store, are 1M EACH.
    WTF.
    Even if they double the chips in 2 weeks.
    Good luck!
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    Sad sad sad amount.
    @ktomov hit the nail on the head perfectly.
    The total (w/o rank rewards) of bot shards this week is 94.5K.
    And the new 5* bots in the event store, are 1M EACH.
    WTF.
    Even if they double the chips in 2 weeks.
    Good luck!

The only reasonable way to do it, is aiming at 3m chips in two months. Otherwise it's 2.4m chips (29 obj completed) for two random programs.
  • Funkie_YoyoFunkie_Yoyo Posts: 33
    edited January 2019
    The reward should be triple as in the number of bots available, now it's just impossible. But I do like to get back my time, maybe that's the strategy by kabam to get everyone away from the game, slowly...before they announced the inevitable !
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    I don’t even think they changed the arena right?
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    only a select few will be able to get all 3. it was never meant for everyone to be able to grind for it.

the new monthly changes is great for upcoming players because it's not hard to hit the 16 objective with the many different ways and earn a 4* sig unlock. this will help them speed up the 4* L&R process. man, this would have been super helpful for me a month or two ago.

did they change the rewards/milestones to the Arenas? I know they said they have changes in store but it looks the same to me..though I don't really track it closely.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    I was just about to mention Arenas as well. With all the emphasis on 5* bots and them announcing an increase in arena rewards like it was huge deal, I thought surely they would have bumped up the bot chip arena rewards.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    just to clarify - to me, when i read Miike's post about upcoming arena rewards.. I interpreted as something later down the line - as in we will get an update to all arenas, not something updated specifically for this new BOTM(S) change.
  • VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    With all the new monthly objectives I've expected increase in bot week arena and that didn't happened.

The extreme grind fest is not worth it. Doing 1.5 mil points at least for me equals 2 series of 90 fights. That's 180 fights or 4 hours of playing, for 10k bot chips. Just got 2 away missions where I've done nothing and got the same amount of chips. So yeah, arena rewards needs to be at least doubled.

This.
  • VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    Agreed @Synthwave . Feels like the writings on the wall at this point.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    edited January 2019
    From his profile page...

ntukrq1yfqal.png

Well, last active Jan 15. Maybe he's on vacation or something?

Edit: Just don't go and look at the activity in the other forums....
    edited January 2019
    They should just hand over the keys to the asylum to us loonies
  • Darm0k wrote: »
    From his profile page...

ntukrq1yfqal.png

s124idt8npa7.png

Looks pretty active on the "other" game.
  • I am neutral. The lack of presence of moderators on this forum indicates we are on Titanic 2.
    I am neutral. The lack of presence of moderators on this forum indicates we are on Titanic 2.

This GAME seems to be Hamlet: The Return

"To be, or not to be"
  • Yes, I do feel let down & wish they would make more Bot Chips available to earn.
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    I am neutral. The lack of presence of moderators on this forum indicates we are on Titanic 2.

This GAME seems to be Hamlet: The Return

"To be, or not to be"

"To pay, or not to pay, that is the question"

A very simple question actually
  • Andum7Andum7 Posts: 61
    Frugalli88 wrote: »
    Darm0k wrote: »
    From his profile page...

ntukrq1yfqal.png

s124idt8npa7.png

They could at least double or triple rewards least enjoy the grind before the game dies
  • Yes, I do feel let down & wish they would make more Bot Chips available to earn.
    Andum7 wrote: »
    From his profile page...

ntukrq1yfqal.png

s124idt8npa7.png

They could at least double or triple rewards least enjoy the grind before the game dies

Yeah, like what Tranformers Battle Tactics did before it died. I had almost every character in the roster because the last 60 days (I think) was just fun grinding.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Andum7 wrote: »
    From his profile page...

ntukrq1yfqal.png

s124idt8npa7.png

This goes against the founding credo laid out by the whale dairy farmer's association: Mulgeatis et Aridam or if'n you don't speaks the Latin, "Milk'em Dry!!"
  • HrockHrock Posts: 132
    Lol synth..can we change your name cynwave or cynicalwave. But all true none the less. :#
    They need to make bot chips more common
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    I can now make 1 million a month I can’t make 3 million help!!!
    We need all bot chip modes tripled!!!
  • ktomovktomov Posts: 216
    Jazz444 wrote: »

Mate, is not about what I can do and what I can't do. It's about changed milestones and lost rewards in the process. I'm not whining because I can't hit a certain milestone. I'm just expressing my opinion of what is possible and what's not in the game in its current state. Surely you'll agree that a "rare" away mission that gives 4900 shards, doing nothing for 3 hours is better than fighting 4 hours to get the same amount. Yes?

Also there are certain bots that without their signature abilities are simply nothing, but with sig, they're game changer. Can you grind 2 400 000 shards in a month?

At this point I'm saving all my shards for next month and will be doing this till the bot I want is in there. And will probably do it for the next month also. Will get the needed for the bot I want, but in the meantime I could very well just open the game once a day and just get the calendar rewards and do 3 raids.

Arena is what my progress is bound to and this kind of arena rewards are simply a spit in the grinder's face.
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    Jazz444 wrote: »

Mate, is not about what I can do and what I can't do. It's about changed milestones and lost rewards in the process. I'm not whining because I can't hit a certain milestone. I'm just expressing my opinion of what is possible and what's not in the game in its current state. Surely you'll agree that a "rare" away mission that gives 4900 shards, doing nothing for 3 hours is better than fighting 4 hours to get the same amount. Yes?

Also there are certain bots that without their signature abilities are simply nothing, but with sig, they're game changer. Can you grind 2 400 000 shards in a month?

At this point I'm saving all my shards for next month and will be doing this till the bot I want is in there. And will probably do it for the next month also. Will get the needed for the bot I want, but in the meantime I could very well just open the game once a day and just get the calendar rewards and do 3 raids.

Arena is what my progress is bound to and this kind of arena rewards are simply a spit in the grinder's face.

Think about it in terms of dollars and cents. Kabam doesn't make money off arena grinders. They do make money off people buying Grims and popping whale crystals in hopes of getting the monthly 5*s.