Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Why doesn't the changelog get updated?

There is a thread specificaly for the game's changelog here: https://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/16/transformers-forged-to-fight-changelog

but it hasn't been updated since October. Since then, there have been massive changes to the game and they go unreported.

Why?

You can't claim the above thread is for "keep up with everything that's new in the ever changing world of Forged to Fight" when it doesn't in fact do so.

Comments

• How come there are never any positive threads? Granted, there's not much positive stuff to talk about, but I've acknowledged that and moved on (a bit). I've accepted that the decisions of this game are beyond our control, and that whatever Kabam does is their decision, for better or for worse. All of these constant ramblings don't really help at all because at the end of the day, the game isn't going to change from this state, so it just creates a lot of unnecessary hate. Why not just move past all that and enjoy the game that we have? At least we do have a game.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    How come there are never any positive threads? Granted, there's not much positive stuff to talk about, but I've acknowledged that and moved on (a bit). I've accepted that the decisions of this game are beyond our control, and that whatever Kabam does is their decision, for better or for worse. All of these constant ramblings don't really help at all because at the end of the day, the game isn't going to change from this state, so it just creates a lot of unnecessary hate. Why not just move past all that and enjoy the game that we have? At least we do have a game.

I'm guessing it's because this used to be a really great game with tons of potential and the players want that greatness and potential to come back to the game through the form of meaningful and relevant updates.

The lack of update to the changelog just further shows where it's all going to end up. Just level up the bots you want to play (or the riskier ones you would never level up) and enjoy what's left with the other players you play the game with.
  • BigbowlrBigbowlr Posts: 121
    The simple and straightforward answer is because the Changelog is used to document updates in the game. 7.1 was the last actual update the game has had so the Changelog is currently up to date.
  • Synthwave wrote: »
    How come there are never any positive threads? Granted, there's not much positive stuff to talk about, but I've acknowledged that and moved on (a bit). I've accepted that the decisions of this game are beyond our control, and that whatever Kabam does is their decision, for better or for worse. All of these constant ramblings don't really help at all because at the end of the day, the game isn't going to change from this state, so it just creates a lot of unnecessary hate. Why not just move past all that and enjoy the game that we have? At least we do have a game.

I'm guessing it's because this used to be a really great game with tons of potential and the players want that greatness and potential to come back to the game through the form of meaningful and relevant updates.

That is the one thing I still can't let go of, the potential this game had. Kabam had all that lore to work with, literally holding the potential of a great game at their finger tips. But they let it slip... no, they just threw it away. No combiners, Titans, Faction Modes, and Predacons. It's kind of a waste, which is what I would criticize Kabam about. But, it doesn't mean I'll just make 3 hateful threads all about ranting on Kabam. Instead I just suggest ideas, for hope that Kabam would listen (spoiler, they didn't).

So with that out of the way, I'll just let Kabam absorb all the shame they have, if they have any, and play the game as it is.
  • Bigbowlr wrote: »
    The simple and straightforward answer is because the Changelog is used to document updates in the game. 7.1 was the last actual update the game has had so the Changelog is currently up to date.

Fair enough but they claim it covers all updates. Changing rewards, maps, missions, all of these are changes for which there is no record of.
  • How come there are never any positive threads? Granted, there's not much positive stuff to talk about, but I've acknowledged that and moved on (a bit). I've accepted that the decisions of this game are beyond our control, and that whatever Kabam does is their decision, for better or for worse. All of these constant ramblings don't really help at all because at the end of the day, the game isn't going to change from this state, so it just creates a lot of unnecessary hate. Why not just move past all that and enjoy the game that we have? At least we do have a game.

What about my question is negative? The change log doesn’t record all the changes and I’m asking why. That’s a legitimate question with a. Very neutral bias.
  • ktomovktomov Posts: 216
    There's no need of adding to changelog on every minor change done in game.

If you are playing - you get the info in your in game mail.

If you're new player, you don't care on every single small change that have happened in time before you've joined the game - you get what you get now.

Changelogs are for new features, like new act, new game mode, new arena, new t4 knight crystals, new items in raid store. In other words - marginal updates.

P.S. You should have understood by now that ranting leads to nothing, like the thread from yesterday. s happened after my last reply, because when I woke up today, the thread was already deleted, but from what I see - you've made pretty bad image of yourself in other people. Just enjoy the game if you want, if you don't well uninstall it.
  • JKINJKIN Posts: 514
    Again, I agree with ktomov.

GAME MAIL, GUYS!
  • ktomov wrote: »

If you're new player, you don't care on every single small change that have happened in time before you've joined the game - you get what you get now.

Changelogs are for new features, like new act, new game mode, new arena, new t4 knight crystals, new items in raid store. In other words - marginal updates.

P.S. You should have understood by now that ranting leads to nothing, like the thread from yesterday. s happened after my last reply, because when I woke up today, the thread was already deleted, but from what I see - you've made pretty bad image of yourself in other people. Just enjoy the game if you want, if you don't well uninstall it.

What rant? I asked a question. Your analysis of what a changelog is is fundamentally incorrect. I know, I’m a programmer.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    FamiGami wrote: »
    ktomov wrote: »

What rant? I asked a question. Your analysis of what a changelog is is fundamentally incorrect. I know, I’m a programmer.

It's a veiled rant. You are clearly needling at something else, since your original thread got canned.

The smugness is quite apparent and it doesn't deserve an answer because you'll keep needling if you don't get the answer you expect.

If you do get the answer you expect (which is a confirmation of game shutdown), then you'll just rant on about that.

It's a trap door that nobody is stupid enough to fall for.
  • FamiGami wrote: »

What about my question is negative? The change log doesn’t record all the changes and I’m asking why. That’s a legitimate question with a. Very neutral bias.

I will admit, I thought you were the poster of the Thread "Where are our updates?", which had a negative tone. Since I thought you were them, I thought this thread was presented in a negative tone as well. I apologize for the mistake.

But, I still think some threads are just aimed over picking at Kabam''s flaws. That just creates a bad output to the community and the game in general
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994

I will admit, I thought you were the poster of the Thread "Where are our updates?", which had a negative tone. Since I thought you were them, I thought this thread was presented in a negative tone as well. I apologize for the mistake.

But, I still think some threads are just aimed over picking at Kabam''s flaws. That just creates a bad output to the community and the game in general

Nothing wrong with looking at flaws.
  • The question is legitimate. I try to release of change logs when I do new releases of scripts and processes at work,

The funny thing is that the "changelog" is very generic when it's updated in Google Play Store.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Changelogs!
    tzq4q2r2zmgr.gif
    Manthro wrote: »

It's a veiled rant. You are clearly needling at something else, since your original thread got canned.

The smugness is quite apparent and it doesn't deserve an answer because you'll keep needling if you don't get the answer you expect.

If you do get the answer you expect (which is a confirmation of game shutdown), then you'll just rant on about that.

Nothing wrong with a rant now and then, we're humans not robots.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    Red_Eyes wrote: »
    Manthro wrote: »

Nothing wrong with a rant now and then, we're humans not robots.

It is when the rant is nothing but a nagging whine. OP created a thread and complained that the Mods should have posted an updated in the forums when they sent that in game mail. Everyone pretty much disagreed and called OP out on the silliness. Of course the other whiners had to chime that the sky is falling so that thread got deleted. OP then creates this thread. Same intent but OP tweaked the subject. So now OP is claiming ignorance when everyone is asking why OP is spamming the forum with the same whine.
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    Hey man C'mon the F is wrong with y'all trynna ruin everyone's experience who wants to play the game by making stupid threads like this !!
    You wanna point out the flaws in the game? Well for first , IT'S NOT YOUR GAME ! YOU DONT OWN THE DAMN GAME, so don't have the right to point out these little things , you dont have the authority to spam on forum with these negative af threads. Grow Up !

And this goes to all of you who still keeps on commenting "game's dying" kinda comments.
    Just play and if you can't do that then please leave the community and uninstall it.
    Slayer wrote: »
    Hey man C'mon the F is wrong with y'all trynna ruin everyone's experience who wants to play the game by making stupid threads like this !!
    You wanna point out the flaws in the game? Well for first , IT'S NOT YOUR GAME ! YOU DONT OWN THE DAMN GAME, so don't have the right to point out these little things , you dont have the authority to spam on forum with these negative af threads. Grow Up !

And this goes to all of you who still keeps on commenting "game's dying" kinda comments.
    Just play and if you can't do that then please leave the community and uninstall it.

You can't be serious? What gives you the authority to attack people like you did??

If you don't like what you read in the forum then logout and delete your account. Sounds like a fair request in light of your statements.
  • VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    Slayer wrote: »

Authoritarian tendencies much?