Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

TERRIBLE to fight, TERRIBLE to use

Is it just me or are there Bots that are GENERALLY terrible/annoying to fight, and weirdly terrible to use? (I get some pros will weigh in that they can best any bot, but there were surely a few that did your head in at the start)

And Easy to beat, but AWESOME to use?

Here are my TERRIBLE/TERRIBLE s:
- Ultra Magnus (dances like it's 1999)
- Grindor (Tacts make it simple)
- Soundwave (not too terrible to use)
- Waspinator (i hate you)
- Jetfire (if using a demo)
- Shockwave

Easy/Awesome:
- Megatronus
- G1 Megatron
- MV Megatron
- G1 Prime
- Primal
- Motormaster
- Cyclonus
- Prowl
- Barricade
- Arcee
- IronHide

Comments

• DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    edited January 2019
    Gotta disagree with some. For me, Soundwave is by far my best bot as far as ease of use. Shockwave Definitely takes finesse. Grindor is extremely basic, but quick for his size I suppose. Ultra Magnus is great under specific fights. Wasp and Jetfire... I agree.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    Gotta disagree with some. For me, Soundwave is by far my best bot as far as ease of use. Shockwave Definitely takes finesse. Grindor is extremely basic, but quick for his size I suppose. Ultra Magnus is great under specific fights. Wasp and Jetfire... I agree.

Agree with all your points.
    UM for me, i just end up spamming the AI.
    Can't get him to fight 'beautifully'

Soundwave IS awesome, but i can't replicate his constant shocks or reflect ability as consistently as the Ai.

Jetfire and Wasp are super fast and ninja like to fight, but when i use em....
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    To me the easy/awesome list is short:
    OGP, IH, Ratchet, MV1, Prowl

Demotron is in the easy/terrible list (along with Hound, Jetfire and Mixmaster)
  • JKINJKIN Posts: 514

BlackRazak wrote: »
    Easy/Awesome:
    - Megatronus
    - G1 Megatron
    - MV Megatron
    - G1 Prime
    - Primal

WHAT?!?!
    THESE ARE THE HARDEST OF THEM ALL!
    edited January 2019
    - Shockwave

Okay, my opinions:

Ultra Magnus: Ultra is hard to go against if you are mainly melee, as his shields make him take almost no damage, and I almost never use ranged attacks, and I have to purposely use them from time to time, which is extremely annoying, and not to mention the fact that the shields work against most Specials.

Grindor: Grindor is good with lots of power, and can inflict Crit Down and gain a lot of armor. Grindor’s Special 2 is only good when you are close to getting a Special 3, but when you use it correctly it can take up to 50% of the health of a bot with about the same C.P..

Soundwave: Soundwave... I have mixed feelings about him, but he is definitely a bot who shouldn’t be on a bad list. Can someone else cover him? Thanks.

Waspinator: Wasp is one of the bots on my main team. I’m trying to rank him up. Why would I rank him up instead of my dupped Ironhide? Well, that’s because I know how to use Wasp, and when you use his Resistance Down correctly, you can deal MASSIVE damage.

Jetfire: I agree, but suck at blocking. I am really good at dodging, and he is the second bot that made me alter my playstyle (first was Tantrum). For me, personally, he has pretty much zero potential, but I can see how someone who can block really well can use him really well.

Shockwave: He’s good! He can do a lot of damage, and can apply Shock. If he and Wheeljack combined the bot would be my idea of Tech. I mean, if you don’t generate shock charges, he’s useless, but he can still undo damage. It’s a really good idea to let the enemy hit you so you can generate power while Undo is charging.

And you forgot Hound.
  • NutjobNutjob Posts: 150
    For me, the following bots tend to be turned into incredible ninjas by the AI:

Kickback
    Cheetor
    Barricade
    Scout Bumblebee
    Green Sharkticon

Arcee
    Bonecrusher
    Scorponok
    Hound

Cyclonus
    Blue Megatron
    Ultra Magnus
    Blue Sharkticon
    Blue Bumblebee

Grimlock
    Optimus Primal
    Motormaster
    Optimus Primal
    Grindor

Mirage
    Blaster
    Jetfire

Megatronus
    Ramjet
    Waspinator
    Mixmaster

What I mean by this, is that with the bots I didn't mention, I feel like it will be an easy fight most times. When I face the bots in this list, I need to concentrate, unless my PI is favourable.

For some reason, the AI for the bots that I've listed is insanely good, whereas the others seem to have a dumber/more predictable fighting style.
    @Nutjob TBF, Mixmaster, ALL Sharks, Barricade, Jetfire; controlled by Ai, have the tendency to dodge, SP and block at a level most players can't possibly reach.

But my main gripes are UM, Hound and Jetfire.
    Even duped, they're cumbersome ... When good ol Ai takes control...they gain +20% ninja speed.
    Easy kills, but man they're QUICK
  • Waspinator just feels sluggish and slow for me now and his projectiles seem to be slower than the standard projectile speed until he has 50% health and they’re insanely fast.

I’ve used Waspinator for years and feel like Kabam slowed him down a bit recently and i don’t know why -_- when I fight Primal in AM, I find Hot Rod a lot more smoother and quicker to dodge than Waspinator is :(
  • I must protest with ultra magnus...just got him as a 5* and he knocks his opponents to next week
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Ultra bunny rabbit
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Nutjob wrote: »

I think you should have gone with the list of bots you like fighting against. B)
  • asparagusasparagus Posts: 184
    Yah magnus dances around like he's galvatron. One I'll throw in is blaster. AI has him do things he should not be able to do.
    edited January 2019
    King of Dancers 2019:

1. Ultra Magnus 5*
    2. Grindor 5*
    3. Ramjet 4*+
    4. Waspinator 3, 4, 5*
    5. Barricade 3, 4, 5*
    6. Jazz
    7. Sideswipe
    8. Arcee/Hound 4*+
    9. Mixmaster 4, 5*
    10. Primal
  • BlackRazak wrote: »
    King of Dancers 2019:

1. Ultra Magnus 5*
    2. Grindor 5*
    3. Ramjet 4*+
    4. Waspinator 3, 4, 5*
    5. Barricade 3, 4, 5*
    6. Jazz
    7. Sideswipe
    8. Arcee/Hound 4*+
    9. Mixmaster 4, 5*
    10. Primal

I have most of those XD
    King of Dancers 2019:

1. Ultra Magnus 5*
    2. Grindor 5*
    3. Ramjet 4*+
    4. Waspinator 3, 4, 5*
    5. Barricade 3, 4, 5*
    6. Jazz
    7. Sideswipe
    8. Arcee/Hound 4*+
    9. Mixmaster 4, 5*
    10. Primal

I have most of those XD

Yea, but i bet you can't make them dance like the Ai.
    Definitely beatable, but WHERE'D THEY LEARN TO MOVE LIKE THAT!
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I must protest with ultra magnus...just got him as a 5* and he knocks his opponents to next week

I agree. I've had a 5* UM for a bit now and am about to start leveling him. He's priceless against Primal. Wipes the floor with him.
    What level is yours? I'd love to see a 3/30s stats
  • NutjobNutjob Posts: 150
    Darm0k wrote: »
    Nutjob wrote: »

I think you should have gone with the list of bots you like fighting against. B)

:D
    edited February 2019
    AM Map 3.
    Came across Arcee. 4* dupe, just 2300Pi.
    No problem for R2 5* Grindor, right?

Whack, whack, hah she's down to 25%, she pulls off her SP1.
    I'm STUNNED.
    And she keeps on doing this, her SP1 keeps regenerating, and i can't do nowt as she keeps stunning, SP1, stunning...

I exit game when I'm down to 40%, come back and finish her off with 1 shot.

WTF

Why can't my arcee do that?!? Mine's been duped 7 times!
    She wasn't a boss character or had any mods.
    That'll teach me variety
    AM Map 3.
    Came across Arcee. 4* dupe, just 2300Pi.
    No problem for R2 5* Grindor, right?

Whack, whack, hah she's down to 25%, she pulls off her SP1.
    I'm STUNNED.
    And she keeps on doing this, her SP1 keeps regenerating, and i can't do nowt as she keeps stunning, SP1, stunning...

I exit game when I'm down to 40%, come back and finish her off with 1 shot.

WTF

Why can't my arcee do that?!? Mine's been duped 7 times!
    She wasn't a boss character or had any mods.
    That'll teach me variety

My Windblade was able to do that.
    Like any honest, good-natured player would, I abused it.

Was still pretty cool, though.
    Hopefully I don’t get banned.
    @BlackRazak I don't remember any Arcee sitting on a mod that stuns. You mean AM or Special?
    @BlackRazak I don't remember any Arcee sitting on a mod that stuns. You mean AM or Special?

AM Map 3, no mods. 2nd battle ground.
    On her 3rd SP1 attack, she even managed to charge till SP2!
  • DrShotgun wrote: »
    I must protest with ultra magnus...just got him as a 5* and he knocks his opponents to next week

I agree. I've had a 5* UM for a bit now and am about to start leveling him. He's priceless against Primal. Wipes the floor with him.
    What level is yours? I'd love to see a 3/30s stats

@DrShotgun I haven't even gotten mine to level 10 r1 XD
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779

AM Map 3, no mods. 2nd battle ground.
    On her 3rd SP1 attack, she even managed to charge till SP2!

just don't get hit by it...

Arcee is the hardest bot to fight for me, followed by Blaster, then Galvatron.

The rest are fine. The only bot that I can't seem to use like the AI do is Arcee, but that may be because of the evade mechanic.
  • @BlackRazak I don't remember any Arcee sitting on a mod that stuns. You mean AM or Special?

if you fight her linked, she will stun you on the last hit of her special. Same with BC.
  • ktomovktomov Posts: 216
    - Shockwave

Can't believe you've actually put one of the best Techs in that list. He's both amazing to use and easy to defeat, as the AI is utter garbage in using its abilities.
    edited February 2019
    ktomov wrote: »
    - Shockwave

Can't believe you've actually put one of the best Techs in that list. He's both amazing to use and easy to defeat, as the AI is utter garbage in using its abilities.

I understand that a ton of people love Ratchet, Shockwave, Mirage, etc.

Just not me.

In fact, my list of bots which I'm not particularly fond of, reads:

UM
    Waspinator
    Drift
    Hound
    Mirage
    Ratchet
    Primal
    Grimlock
    Shockwave
    Starscream
    Megatronus

Plus i actually am pretty useful with, and ENJOY:

Mixmaster
    Arcee
    Barricade
    Motormaster
    Grindor
    Cyclonus
    Galvatron
    G1 Megs
    G1 Prime
    Bonecrusher
    Rhinox
    Galvatron
    Cheetor
    Blaster
    Prowl
    Jazz
    MV1 Prime
    MV Megs
    Bludgeon
    ALL SHARKS

Just a matter of taste/playing style
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Megatronus. I hate him when AI uses him and just holds till SP3.
  • BlackRazak wrote: »
    Is it just me or are there Bots that are GENERALLY terrible/annoying to fight, and weirdly terrible to use? (I get some pros will weigh in that they can best any bot, but there were surely a few that did your head in at the start)

And Easy to beat, but AWESOME to use?

- Shockwave

Easy/Awesome:
    - Megatronus
    - G1 Megatron
    - MV Megatron
    - G1 Prime
    - Primal
    - Motormaster
    - Cyclonus
    - Prowl
    - Barricade
    - Arcee
    - IronHide

I personally have to disagree with Shockwave. His synergies are amazing and will generally take out any Demo-bot, making him an ace in the hole during daily demo missions.

if you fight her linked, she will stun you on the last hit of her special. Same with BC.

OK I see, it comes from lane 4, special stun.