Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Small annoyance with waspinator

ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
edited February 2019 in General Discussion
Just a little beef with how his resistance debuffs work, and I'm hoping @Kabam Vydious and @Kabam Miike might take this to the team.

His resistance debuffs are delayed, which is fine because it plays into his s1... But... The annoyance of them that once you land the initial debuff whether it be from basic ranged or Heavy attacks, you can't land more until they expire.

This often creates a disadvantageous situation where you land a heavy attack, trigger resistance debuff while charging an S1.

You back off to pew pew with basic ranged to set up a dash in combo with s1, but the basic ranged wil not land more debuffs even though the max is capped at 3.

By the time you dash in and want to end with a special, the original debuff is gone and you lose the extra damage potential on the S1 if you throw it.

It's just weird. And if you decide to hold your special and launch a heavy again, you create a circular pattern of never being able to launch that S1 at full potential.

Why can't the resistance debuffs stack while one is currently counting down, and can it be fixed?

Tagged:

Comments

• Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Just tested things out with Wasp in arenas. It’s seems it’s only an issue when you try to stack more resistance with basic range after at least on is active. So if you get one resistance debuff on and it activates, you can’t add more until that one expires.

However, if you stack a resistance debuff on with a heavy, you can still stack on resistance debuffs with basic ranged. I was able to do this. I tacked on one with heavy and while it was active, hit the bot with three ranged and got the three green circles that turned into four red after activation (though the four was short lived since the heavy resistance debuff was almost expiring when the basic ones activated).

Same in the other direction, I had two basic ranged resistance debuffs activated and added a heavy resistance debuff for a total of three. Again, short lived since the basic ones were expiring by the time I got the heavy on there.

So it seems it just the basic ranged resistance debuff you need to wait for to expire even though it’s less than the three max for basic. I don’t see why you would have to wait, but looks like that’s they way Kabam made it. And I’m pretty sure they’re not going to change it anytime soon.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    I think realistically you stack 2 resistance debuffs to set up for a stronger sp1, 2 or heavy attack and try and get all 4 for an sp3. I'm guessing it's somewhat deliberate to limit the maximum damage. Maybe 3 debuffs off 3 basic ranged is a setup for a 5 hit melee combo or melee combo + heavy by the time the countdown hits? Never really looked in to it. I've always seen Wasp as a very deliberate bot with deliberate timings and setups for combos
  • JKINJKIN Posts: 514
    edited February 2019
    I'm RRMLLLMS.

It works really well.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited February 2019
    JKIN wrote: »
    I'm RRMLLLMS.

It works really well.

Thanks for not understanding the focus of the thread and posting what only works in easy fights.

When you have to adapt in the fly because of hyper twitchy AI at extreme difficulty, you'll understand the problem at hand, and why not being able to plant new debuffs before the old ones expire is a problem.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Manthro wrote: »
    I'm RRMLLLMS.

It works really well.

Thanks for not understanding the focus of the thread and posting what only works in easy fights.

When you have to adapt in the fly because of hyper twitchy AI at extreme difficulty, you'll understand the problem at hand, and why not being able to plant new debuffs before the old ones expire is a problem.

It would mess up the sp3 mechanic wouldn't it? If you could land 3 debuffs and then begin to stack another 2 or 3, the countdown would would run out and you could potentially end up with anywhere between 5-7 debuffs
  • JKINJKIN Posts: 514
    Manthro wrote: »
    I'm RRMLLLMS.

It works really well.

I understood, I just meant I use that strategy and I can completely ignore the problems you’ve mentioned above.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Erm not sure if you are overthinking the fight? Just spam light and heavy range. If you get a chance to land the range shots and dash in for the counter, then just SP. The only exception is against Arcee, where she has the irritating habit of evading mid SP so I just prefer to stay far away from her and range her. Wasp range shots are pretty killer without the resistance debuffs. To me, if the debuffs happen, it’s a bonus but I don’t count on it.
  • Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    Faithz17 wrote: »
    Erm not sure if you are overthinking the fight? Just spam light and heavy range. If you get a chance to land the range shots and dash in for the counter, then just SP. The only exception is against Arcee, where she has the irritating habit of evading mid SP so I just prefer to stay far away from her and range her. Wasp range shots are pretty killer without the resistance debuffs. To me, if the debuffs happen, it’s a bonus but I don’t count on it.

You are the expert ;)

• Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Yeah wasp helps to kill a bot or two along the way :D
  • I don't use wasp much so I haven't tested this but maybe its by design. Wasp is already nasty, maybe they just don't want him to be op by allowing additional stacks. If it worked the you're asking about it seems like maybe wasp could have resistance debuffs on opponents way more often, and stacked.
  • I've gone ahead and raised this to the team. While there are definitely ways to play into Waspinator's strengths, I can see why having to adapt on the fly against a more advanced AI could be difficult.

Plus, I just really like Waspinator.
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    edited February 2019
    I like Waspinator too @Kabam Miike
    When I started playing a little over a year ago Waspinator was my go to bot in all missions he was just a 3* but amazing 😉

Now that 4*s and 5*s are obtainable lol 😂 maybe I’ll get my 4* Waspinator up sometime although I’ve kinda gone towards a G1 Autobot team focusing around this guy
    lx6ni83bb9rp.png
    Bumblebee makes up for waiting till player lvl 40 to get my 1st 4* lol 😂
    My 1st 4* was Ramjet lol 😂