Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Opinions: Mastery Setups

Hey Commanders!

Let's talk Masteries. There are quite a few Challenges out there in New Quintessa, and having the right Bot for the Job is only half the Battle.

If you were to give some newbies tips on Mastery setups, what would they be? What Masteries do you use? What's the essential Mastery for your favourite Bot?

Share your thoughts and your wisdom!
Tagged:

Comments

• Welp i use a repair mastery at rank 4 ,armor mastery at rank 4 and crit damage mastery at rank 4
    BBCode
  • And on my other acc armor mastery ,crit mastery and crit armor mastery
  • It has saven me several Times ewpeccially when my Wheeljack is at low hp and im just healin
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    @Matthewboi stop spamming mate
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    Definitely the repair mastery is the best it’s so useful
    I believe they call it Nanno Repair it’s perfect 👌 to keep activating Wheeljack’s sheilds
  • serdoodserdood Posts: 115
    Is this the Real kabam Mike?

I would not bother with defensive masteries since at the higher levels you still take alot of damage.
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    serdood wrote: »
    Is this the Real kabam Mike?

I would not bother with defensive masteries since at the higher levels you still take alot of damage.

Almost all my masteries are defensive and I play at the highest levels and use little to no items. The key is don’t get hit...but It depends on the player. I will say that damage based mods in AM do hinder the defensive masteries a little but it still helps. Also offensive masteries are pretty sweet not going to lie lol.

Defensive masteries:

Nano Repair: is good for Wheejack on defense in AM. It won’t save you or make you immortal but it’s a pain on bases and it adds extra time to the shield unless you are fighting DOT

Feeding Frenzy: people think it’s trash but I learned from a high level player when I started really playing AM that this is the difference between 3 items and 0 items. If you use a bot that last longer periods because of their sigs (MV1, WJ, Ratchet) I would consider this. Also if you fight a lot of sharks or are a boss killer it can go a long way.

Enhanced Block: if you block at all, which some guys do because of lag or they haven’t learned the bot tendencies yet, this is a really good mastery.

Offensive masteries:

Deep wounds: a lot of bots cause bleed damage, especially some of the favorites(OGP, Drift, WB) consider spending the pinky on it. Also if you run Sword Masters this is essential.

Suppression: this mastery can win fights for you and you won’t even realize it. It you stun an opponent at the right time (like wasp) when his sig kicks in (revive) he has a chance to not revive....that’s pretty cool

Assassin: the last one I’ll talk about. It’s all basic mastery cores which is a huge plus. Opponents Under 18% health your bots increase attack by 40% when its maxed. That’s awesome. Also decreases defensive abilities trigger rate by 25% so someone like Grindor won’t trigger armor as often.
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Focusing on deep wounds when I can, it'd be a lot easier if the gold cores were cheaper though, since in order to beat master I typically spend energon at some point
  • JKINJKIN Posts: 514
    HE’S BACK
    HE’S ALIVE
    MIIKE IS HERE!!!
  • tczxjl5eo909.png

This one has me curious, as a heavy shockwave and Megatron user. Anyone ever fully invested in it, and is it useful?
  • I wonder what RSM Will be next
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    @Mr_Wonderful Inhibitor is mainly for Ramjet and Ratchet, which prevents their multi-stun to build up enemy's power bar too quickly. As this mastery favors stun 10x more than shock, G1 Megs and Shockwave only get a marginal benefit (not to mention the latter always drains shocked enemy's power).
  • All attack. No defense. Thats all it work
  • MAMILMAMIL Posts: 48
    Depends on the bots, if you tell me who the three new bots are for next month, I will tell you how to set up masteries for them ;)
  • Canuck33Canuck33 Posts: 244
    I'm running all offence aside from 1 point in health to give me the 2% hp increase. The skills on offence I have focused on (all maxed)
    Sequencer
    Courage
    Pierce
    Crit rate and Damage
    Deep wounds
    Assassin
    Glass Cannon
    and Star seeker (only 1 not maxed and at lev 3)

I love the combo of pierce and the criticals which constantly gives excellent damage increase. this setup really is about finishing fights quickly and not taking many hits, I'd say run this setup with caution if you block a lot or can't string a decent combo together. There's not a lot of forgiveness when you eat a big combo in higher AM.

I can't find a reason to place any points in the defense masteries and the only real reason I would is if I had a WJ (his nano combo is ridiculous but sadly no 5* WJ for me).
    I am very curious to try out feeding frenzy based off what Bofad said earlier, sound like that can be a very useful tool as AM difficulties continue to rise, but currently I'm loving the all out offence.
  • @Mr_Wonderful Inhibitor is mainly for Ramjet and Ratchet, which prevents their multi-stun to build up enemy's power bar too quickly. As this mastery favors stun 10x more than shock, G1 Megs and Shockwave only get a marginal benefit (not to mention the latter always drains shocked enemy's power).

So the numbers given don’t apply to both stun and shock? That’s a bummer. I thought it was a minimum/maximum % thing. Oh well.

They could have made that a tad clearer, or just give shock a mastery of its own as it doesn’t compare to bleeds with deep wounds. Only disadvantage of bleeding over shocks is primal since he can heal from bleeds. But then again I wouldn’t bring a dot heavy bot against primal if I could help it.
  • Do you find Pierce that useful with crits? I used to max crit rate and damage but it doesn't seem to make much difference. I used to run all attack but with Nanojack I have to put points in nanorepair
  • JKINJKIN Posts: 514
    I haven’t (ever) given Masteries much thought.

I just fill out at least one of each Mastery other than the annoying ones (like perm bleed), and then I choose the best one out of the remaining Rank 1 Masteries and level that one up when I’ve filled it all the available ones.

I’m probably going to reset all my Masteries sometime lol.
  • VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    edited February 2019
    Okay... I’ll show you mine... but only if you promise to show me yours. Don’t laugh

be31c35p8fvk.png
    i48pnp9rc5rt.png
  • NidRobNidRob Posts: 202
    All attack for me, I would like to see @BOFAD mastery setup.

hq4bw2bdzmxo.png
  • 7f3frw4v2lhz.png
    0htn1fm7bop1.png
    My mastery setup
  • 3a5cv3b2r6xx.jpg
    Get some.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    The best mastery setup is no mastery setup.

Masteries are for the feeble
  • In a way what Manthro says is true. Bots that have a high crit rate will crit no matter what masteries you have. But for the feeble like me I still play with masteries. The only essential one is nanorepair if you have Wheeljack.
  • Manthro wrote: »
    The best mastery setup is no mastery setup.

Masteries are for the feeble

Ninjas gonna ninj.
  • Jazz444 wrote: »
    Definitely the repair mastery is the best it’s so useful
    I believe they call it Nano Repair it’s perfect 👌 to keep activating Wheeljack’s sheilds

Yeah. Nano Repair on Wheeljack is the ultimate defender. The only way past that shield is damaging debuffs like Bleed, Burn, Shock or Dark Burns. The only two defenders I can think of who are either tied or better are Grindor on Security Module or Repair Station or Ultra Magnus on Security Module
  • PhatBoy123PhatBoy123 Posts: 1,015
    Here's my setup:
    26szk8cg1gv5.gif
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    PhatBoy123 wrote: »
    Here's my setup:
    26szk8cg1gv5.gif

Someone doesn’t like
    being gnomed