Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Thoughts on the Deal$'s? what did u buy...

they seriously charging 100$ for an r5 4*...

what did u buy and why?

Comments

• Options
    $100 to r5 a 4* might seem like a lot - but it really just comes down to if its worth it to YOU. From my perspective, you are currently unable to r5 any 4* right now. The best you can do is r4. Who knows how long it will be before they add content that will allow you earn the materials needed to r5 one of your 4*s - and more likely than not, the first t3 class spark you will get, will be random. Im also guessing the if they add the ability to earn t3 shards through maps, that the maps will be very difficult (leading you to spend energon), or if they do it through arenas, the t3 rewards would only be for the top top players, and they will be VERY competitive.

Heres how I look at it - I used to play WoW for years. Including the cost for the game, and the monthly subscription, most players are spending around $200/year on a single game....you just dont notice it as much because the cost is spread out over an entire year. A game like this - ill spend around $30-$50 every 6months or so on average depending on how good the deals are that come out.

So for me, dropping $100 on a game I play nearly every day, for an item I will unlikely be able to have access to for at least several months, and will help me complete content that might be too difficult for me to complete now, while also helping my Alliance in events like AM, is an easy choice.
  • Options
    I got the first two of T1 alphas and T3 basics. Absolutely no way am I'm getting those T3 class sparks. I'm not paying the price of two full games for one ranking item for one character in one game on my phone. Unless I suddenly become a millionaire, it's not gonna happen.

If you add it up, it's actually $165 to rank a single character to rank 5, and even all of the purchases don't cover it all.
  • Options
    Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    edited December 2017
    Drake6401 wrote: »
    I'm not paying the price of two full games for one ranking item for one character in one game on my phone. Unless I suddenly become a millionaire, it's not gonna happen.

If you add it up, it's actually $165 to rank a single character to rank 5, and even all of the purchases don't cover it all.

Just to play devil's advocate - you would be lucky to get a new quality game for less than $60. Depending on the game you get, you may also need an online subscription (PS Plus / XBox Live) otherwise you are just playing the game by yousrself, and also depending on the game, there may be several DLCs that are out that you would need to purchase to unlock specific characters or content...or if not, most games are beaten in less than a couple of months, and are hardly ever played again. You could trade it into GameStop for $5 if youre lucky and they dont already have 500 copies.

And the only material that is not currently in the game that you can not earn on your own is the T3 Class Spark. Everything else can be earned through current content in the game that has already been beaten by players who didnt have a r5 4*. Which means that the cost to r5 a 4* is $100. It would only be more than that if you wanted to take an extra short cut - but its not "required" the same way the T3 Class Spark is right now.
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Manthro wrote: »
    Pay2play scum

Like it or not, paying players and free players need each other. Paying players keep the lights on and free players provide the majority of the player base, which makes it more fun.

The problem is, and always has been, free players having unrealistic expectations in being able to compete on par with players spending thousands of dollars.

What games like this need are events with restrictions... For example... Arenas only allowing bots forge level 20 or lower, or nothing over rank 3, or class restrictions, no relics, boosts, 1* bots only... etc.

Gives free players an opportunity to compete on par with spenders and rank at the top for specific events.

What IS pay2play like?

I'm not a huge spender.. in fact, I spent early on to get ahead of the pack just after beta, and used the advantage to rank high and maintain my progression for free (mostly). I can't compete with the biggest spenders, but I'm happy with where I can consistently rank.
  • Options
    DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    edited December 2017
    What IS pay2play like?
    Stressful

Gotta keep roster full and duped!
  • Options
    I bought the first 2 offers. Totaling around 15 I think. Good deal!
  • Options
    DavienDavien Posts: 758
    edited December 2017
    not gonna pay USD100 just for 1 T3C class spark.. never!!! Overpriced! Wait a few months confirm the price will be lowered!!
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Yeah the price will be lowered but you'll see T4C by then.
  • Options
    nomisunomisu Posts: 307
    patience is a virtue. but if you wanna come out ahead then pay....
  • Options
    DavienDavien Posts: 758
    edited December 2017

if you have the $$ then go ahead.. it'll get you ahead for sure. I'm happy where I'm at. If things becomes too challenging I can just drop to a lower alliance.. no issue. Rather than paying just to be ahead all the time. It's a never ending rat race.. next will be the launching of 5* bots, and another 2 years from now likely the launch of 6* bots.
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious

Please ban this guy for necroing his own thread from 2017.

He's admittedly quit the game, and now he's back just to troll negativity at the community.

We don't need it.
  • Options
    JKINJKIN Posts: 514
    Manthro wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious

Please ban this guy for necroing his own thread from 2017.

He's admittedly quit the game, and now he's back just to troll negativity at the community.

We don't need it.

Ummm... I was there when he quit (Yes I was a guest for that long due to the Forums bug), and he’s back, which is understandable I guess, but... how has he been negative?
  • Options
    CeltCelt Posts: 190

Well, they actually took their time to sell those t4c