Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

A new raid defense mod idea @ Kabam.

Hello, dear Kabam. I feel that raids have become a little stale. To freshen them up, I would like to propose a new permanent mod addition to the raid store:

The Superconductor 3000.

This mod could replicate the other superconductors, by slowly filling either 1 or 2 bars of power. The duplicated mod could also work the same, by giving a small amount of power at the start of the fight.

How it can be different to the others, is by making the bot's special 3 attack unblockable! That will make the opponent think twice about holding block and waiting until the special 3 attack is used!

What do you think? Perhaps you could release the mod close to the next anniversary date, like say on April the 1st for example?

Comments

• Or what about a mod that makes heavies unblockable too!
  • JKINJKIN Posts: 514
    “Debuffs on the opponent last x% longer and are x% more effective.

Dupe: Gives attack-down, defense-down or power-down to the opponent lasting the entire fight.”

“Buffs last x% longer and are x% more effective.

Dupe: Gives an attack, defense or power-up buff lasting the entire fight.”

Just to clarify, by a power buff/debuff I mean up/down, not gain/drain.
  • NutjobNutjob Posts: 150
    Or what about a mod that makes heavies unblockable too!

That's a brilliant idea. Maybe we could increase the cost to 150,000 raid chips to compensate for the extra ability.

So to clarify, it will make special 3 and heavy attacks unblockable.

If it's limited to one mod per person, I don't think it would be too unbalanced, would it?
  • Nutjob wrote: »

That's a brilliant idea. Maybe we could increase the cost to 150,000 raid chips to compensate for the extra ability.

If it's limited to one mod per person, I don't think it would be too unbalanced, would it?

Yeah, we got to let the player buy an amount of 8 so that every bot can get one on their node

Nutjob wrote: »

Ummm... SP3s are ALREADY unblockable.
  • JKIN wrote: »

Woooooooooosh

JKIN wrote: »

Woooooooooosh

Maybe one of our drones can retrieve what JKIN seems to have missed?

Oh dear. Maybe we can just remove that part, and just have it make heavy attacks unblockable. We can reduce the cost back down to 100,000 raid chips.

Woooooooooosh

Ummm... I don’t think I’m wrong, am I?
    Lol the ums.

Woooooooooosh

The drone would have ‘woooooshed’ right over his head

Woooooooooosh

Ummm... I don’t think I’m wrong, am I?

No, you're correct. We need perceptive people like you on this forums to catch our mistakes. Think of yourself as a game mechanics editor.

Are there any other problems with our mod design? Can we proceed with the power gain, bonus starting power, and unblockable heavy attacks?
    Ummm... sure.

Woooooooooosh

I just see one issue with unblockable heavy attacks. What if a bot using the Superconductor 3000 mod comes up against a bot using the EMI Filter mod? If a heavy attack is used, the EMI Filter mod can resist it. Would the Superconductor 3000 override the EMI Filter, or would the EMI Filter still resist unblockable heavy attacks from the Superconductor 3000 mod enhanced bot?

Perhaps the bot could take full damage from the unblockable heavy, but their block can remain unbroken?

Woooooooooosh

I just see one issue with unblockable heavy attacks. What if a bot using the Superconductor 3000 mod comes up against a bot using the EMI Filter mod? If a heavy attack is used, the EMI Filter mod can resist it. Would the Superconductor 3000 override the EMI Filter, or would the EMI Filter still resist unblockable heavy attacks from the Superconductor 3000 mod enhanced bot?

Perhaps the bot could take full damage from the unblockable heavy, but their block can remain unbroken?

Ummm... that’s impossible. No two mods can go against each other.
    And I gtg. Bye!
  • JKIN wrote: »

Woooooooooosh

Ummm... that’s impossible. No two mods can go against each other.
    Well if you spacebridge between two nodes then it is possible.

Woooooooooosh

Yeah, it doesn’t knock them down, it just takes full damage away

• DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I wouldn't mind seeing a game mechanic that could add a small percentage of another mod...like maybe a touch of HA to the EMI module...make a mod modable
    Beastdad wrote: »
    I’d settle for being rewarded for all my raid defenses.

You gain medals, Raid Chips and avoid being stolen from.
  • Yo. Heavy Attacks are already unblockable. That's the whole point. To break blocks.
  • Hijacker2531Hijacker2531 Posts: 538
    edited February 2019
    Wait. Is this sarcasm?
    Wait. Is this sarcasm?

I just realized UrAverage was being sarcastic and Nutjob was apparently legit.

Huh.
    Yo. Heavy Attacks are already unblockable. That's the whole point. To break blocks.

How did I miss this?
    I’m dumb.
    :D:D:D

Oh dear. I really thought the suggested date of implementation was an obvious giveaway, but alas, I misjudged the situation.

Oh dear. I really thought the suggested date of implementation was an obvious giveaway, but alas, I misjudged the situation.

Dammit.

God apparently hates me.

I thought the date would give it away instantly. Well i guess not